Former_Member
This team is dedicated to sharing business advice in a supportive environment. From the day you first set up your shop to the day you think about quitting your day job, there's so much to learn. Luckily, one of the best things about selling on Etsy is the support and encouragement from other sellers.

Whether you’re brand new to selling on Etsy or you can count the years on both of your hands, you probably have some milestones that you’d like to celebrate with all of us. Post your milestone in this thread. Every month, we'll highlight some of our favorite posts, so join the celebrations!

Please also introduce yourself in your post if you’re new to the Etsy Success Team—describe what you sell and how long your shop has been open.

Here are some examples of milestones (but remember that all personal milestones big or small are worthy of celebrating!):

• You made your 1st sale / 1st international sale / 1st custom order
• You reached (x) # of sales
• You added (x) # of listings in your shop
• You have (x) # of views / favorites / admirers
• You received positive feedback from a buyer
• Your shop was featured in the press or in social media
• You recently opened your shop
• You’re celebrating your Etsyversary
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Official Success Celebration Thread!

Only had 4 sales but 100% feedback.

Having to take it slow now as have the opportunity to sell my work in London from 23 Sep to 23 Dec and also selling in my local craft shop in Dec - feel fantastic about the opportunity!!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Our chess board was pictured in the "Get the look decor" etsy blog yesterday!
Got home from a long day working (volunteer) and had 8 sales! I probably won't sleep for awhile LOL!
0 Likes

hooknsaw: Awesome! I'd love to be featured in one of Etsy's blogs sometime.

Yesterday I sold this vintage Michigan pull-down wall map to a movie studio for the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "A Smile as Big as the Moon," appearing on ABC sometime in 2012.

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58063139
0 Likes

I celebrated by 50th sale yesterday! And just found out about this thread. What a wonderful idea. We all need to know about the success stories to give us a boost. I do believe that this team has been a great help. The best road to success on Etsy I think is to read, read, read, everything you see on Etsy. I also belong to the Sellers Assisting Sellers team and they are a great source of help and ideas also. Still have a lot to learn and I think the learning process here is an ongoing project.

That magic #100 listing is what I am working towards and plan on getting there soon. I have found that my sales have increased along with my listings. So the more the better! Congrats to everyone here!!
0 Likes

I've found this team to be an invaluable resource, too. Thanks, everyone, for all the help!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

While I was on vacation my shop was still working for me! I came back to a sale of my halloween plaid bow tie and this adorable blog feature! http://www.inspiremeweddings.com.au/2011/09/trend-zesty-lemon-inspiration/ Now I just need time to make more product.
0 Likes

Over Labor Day Weekend I reached my 200th sale! It has taken a long time to get there, but it's still a gratifying feeling.

You get out of it what you put into it, that's for sure!
0 Likes

Congratulations to everyone so far!

Speaking of a great experience...I couldn't agree more, Pearle. This has been an amazing opportunity and I'm so glad to be a part of this community!

I made 3 sales today for earrings that will be worn by bridesmaids and a maid of honor!!! I could never have imagined something like that a year ago. So happy my work has made it this far!

Hoping for continued success & sales for everyone!
0 Likes
Zehland
Crafty Poster

I just recently passed my first goal of 50 sales!

It's great to be part of the Etsy community and especially this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I got my first sale! And also via etsy sold two custom pieces I had interest in before my shop opened!

At the moment I have no time to promote because I'm running a literature festival so this is really awesome for me :D :D Yay! <3
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I made my first sale this week, which is not bad, considering my site has only been up for a week.
I am just working on promoting, blogging, and doing all of the necessary things to drive traffic to my site. Unfortunately, I am also working full time, getting my house ready for a new baby (due in 4 weeks) and taking a night class. So if anyone has any advice on which activities are the most time-effective for driving traffic to my site, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

after more than a month since I opened the shop, I just made my first sale!

I am elated beyond words and hope to sell much more now!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh this is fun! I just hit 700 sales !

Now my goal is to someday be in Etsy Finds! I've never been "found" :( lol
0 Likes

I've been celebrating all week after having 5 sales in one day (ONE DAY!!!) and finally being able to start listing more and more items. Hopefully will have about 100 things for sale in the next couple of weeks. Thrilling!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I made it into an Etsy newsletter for the first time. Woohoo, so far over 650 views today, 5 sales with items sold. I am practically walking on air! lol
0 Likes

Set up shop in April but started listing the end of June.
I just made my first international sale. I have a bracelet on it's way to Australia. I'm now waiting with baited breath that it arrives safely and lives happily ever after down under.
0 Likes

I debated a long time about opening my Etsy shop. It took alot of coaxing from my sons. I finally opened it in October of last year. I am so glad I did. I reached 100 sales yesterday.

Linda
0 Likes
CatherinePicone
Inspiration Seeker

Linda, congrats! Aren't you glad you listened to your sons?? Well, I had my first order for three dolls last night, which thrilled me to pieces! I'm up to thirteen sales thus far, and I'm psyched for the future!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congratulations Untwisted, Linda & Disco on all your sucesses!
0 Likes

This is a very happy, upbeat thread. Congrats to one and all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started selling in August 2011 and although I've only had one sale I'm so grateful for every view I get and even more thrilled when people add me to their circle. I love etsy!

AJ
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

yesterday, I not only made my first sale (which I already celebrated in this thread), I also made my second one!

I was really getting nervous about this, but now I know for certain what I always felt: you have to keep on creating and good things will come your way, and by good things I mean people who believe in your art
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Celebrating 400 sales today!! Woohoo!! Quite excited, congrats to everyone else!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

704 views yesterday & 6 items sold. Yea!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is my humble story of success:

After re-activating my shop in January 2011, I had my very first sale last Tuesday!

I had read that making that first sale may take months and I expected this to be my case, because I have a day job and not much time for Etsy. 'It may take as much as 6 months', I told myself. Well, it took 8!

I am mostly writing this to encourage other sellers that may feel frustrated by the lack of sales, especially if they are painters. I think we have to struggle a bit harder to get noticed, since Etsy is particularly focused on artisan crafts rather than fine arts.

As long as I keep my day job I know I won't have time to intensify my presence online, so I am putting all my effort into creating quality work. It may take longer to succeed but eventual success will be built on solid foundations and future customers will know that there is a consistent commitment to value.

It feels so good to be able to share my joy with you all!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.