Former_Member
Not applicable

Official Success Celebration Thread!

This team is dedicated to sharing business advice in a supportive environment. From the day you first set up your shop to the day you think about quitting your day job, there's so much to learn. Luckily, one of the best things about selling on Etsy is the support and encouragement from other sellers.

Whether you’re brand new to selling on Etsy or you can count the years on both of your hands, you probably have some milestones that you’d like to celebrate with all of us. Post your milestone in this thread. Every month, we'll highlight some of our favorite posts, so join the celebrations!

Please also introduce yourself in your post if you’re new to the Etsy Success Team—describe what you sell and how long your shop has been open.

Here are some examples of milestones (but remember that all personal milestones big or small are worthy of celebrating!):

• You made your 1st sale / 1st international sale / 1st custom order
• You reached (x) # of sales
• You added (x) # of listings in your shop
• You have (x) # of views / favorites / admirers
• You received positive feedback from a buyer
• Your shop was featured in the press or in social media
• You recently opened your shop
• You’re celebrating your Etsyversary
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13,277 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Official Success Celebration Thread!

I feel very blessed with each milestone that I have achieved since joining Etsy!

From each passing sale, to each new feature Etsy adds to enhance and help my shop and I get it completed, the sales I send out to each person that I meet on here, and to those that have inspired or offered a helping hint or comment!

Latest to Reach Milestone: The new relevancy is a big, but good chore, when resetting each of the shops items (and I am only half way there), but it will be a real help when I am completed with it! The Etsy Staff and Teams have all been a huge help to me when each of them taking their time to explain all of features for this, and what needs to be done. (Still working on this one! LOL! :D!)

My Shop has given me a new freedom to express my passion of paper art through the wonderful world of Etsy! Each day is a milestone for me when I see a refection of my work through a heart, feedback or treasury!

Thank you to all of you! God Bless!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm celebrating because I'm actually showing up in Google searches!!! I NEVER could find my stuff on their before, but thanks to all the editing for relevancy I'm not invisible anymore :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What a great thread!!

here goes, I started my first shop magicbyleah.etsy.com 100% clueless and waited months for my first few sales

Started my second shop after weeks or research and planning, only open for a few weeks now and already have THREE SALES!!! 1 of which was a custom order!!
woohoo

thanks everyone who helped by sharing advice and offering critiques!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm celebrating because I was able to reach 10 sale milestone this month! Also, after tweaking all my tags and titles, the first two links on Google when you search for "butterfly paper earrings" are my items!
0 Likes

Yes, something to celebrate at last! My first sale after a draught lasting since April (not counting the one earlier this month that was cancelled an hour later). Let's hope it's the first of a new flood of them!

Good luck to everyone busy tweaking their listings!
0 Likes

My recent milestone is having people I don't know outnumber people I do know on my Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lauras-Last-Ditch/183416251560

Perhaps a somewhat lame milestone, but a milestone nonetheless.
0 Likes

I reached my 4000 Sale mark today!! I was sooo excited :D

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

wow 4000 house!! that's amazing

and Kristina, I checked google and wow!! do share your secrets/tips so we can all achieve that on google
0 Likes

I started selling out of my shop January 2011 and I am over 100 sales now...Yea!

My FB fan page has fans who actually dig what I do!
http://www.facebook.com/PearlesPrettyPieces

I Love Etsy!
I am so glad that I finally threw caution to the wind and decided to open an Etsy shop. It has been a great experience so far!
Pearle♥

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HouseHoldWords! Awesome Milestone...Congrats!! Love your shop! :D!
0 Likes

Thank You!
0 Likes
KriyaDesign
Inspiration Seeker

I am celebrating because I finally get to the 100th listings. Maybe it was a piece of cake to everyone, but not to me. It is a huge accomplishment. I tend to be critical, wanting things to be certain ways. Finally I said, just do it. Make changes if need be and learn along the way. Pat myself on the back because no one will if we don't do it ourselves, right :-)

The 100 sales... that's the next chapter.. coming soon *lol*. Baby step, remember
0 Likes

I hit the 400 mark in July, that felt so good! I try to keep up with everything here, I was on Etsy first as a buyer under another name, and then I opened my shop in 2008. It's been a wonderful, educational experience. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Today I am celebrating my first 100 sales. I opened my shop less than 3 months ago. This team has helped me with so much and helped me keep my chin up when things were down! Today is a great day!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

A lot of interesting things :-D Thank you everybody to share your experiences. It's a nice reading that encourage me :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

alixq says

Today I am celebrating my first 100 sales. I opened my shop less than 3 months ago. This team has helped me with so much and helped me keep my chin up when things were down! Today is a great day!
Congratulations!!! I love your shop.... I am waiting for my sale # 50th, but feeling happy since I just reopened my store July 4 this year..... Happy to be here!!!
0 Likes
msformaldehyde
Inspiration Seeker

I am super happy I hit over 500 sales!
I have really worked hard for it:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I closed my brick and mortar fabric store last October due to the economy, and I didn't know what I was going to do with all my fabrics. But then someone suggested Etsy. I took a look and decided to try it. I opened my shop in January of this year, and this month hit my 800th sale. I've worked very hard in promoting my shop. It's been almost as much work as when I had my brick and mortar, except I can do it in my pajamas. :)
0 Likes

You can't put a price on the perk of working in PJs!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congratulations!! 5 Sales in one day!! Thats wonderful!! Wish you many more successful days ahead!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congrats to everyone! I had my 49th sale today. I'm trying to reach 50 or maybe more by September 4th, which will be my one year anniversary on Etsy! After taking a few months off (winter holidays and summer), and not having paypal set up for the first 3 months, I think that's pretty good.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am celebrating my 30th sale today! Having fun and sharing my creations so I am super happy and look forward to hitting 100 sales in te next couple of months!

Sue
0 Likes
BrittanyWright
Inspiration Seeker

Great posts!! I've seen a lot of negativity lately (myself included). So it's really nice to see that good things are happening to good people!! I look forward to posting my own celebration on here soon! :0)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

As small as this may seem to some, I had 4 sales this week and that's a first for me!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.