Former_Member
I thought this would be a fun thread, as lots of us are looking for some critiques/advice. Rate the banner from the shop above on a scale of 1 to 10 and tell why. :)
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Critique the banner above!

Tiffany, I like your banner very much. I love the font and I think the whole design really conveys the message of what you do. Nicely done. I give it a 10!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wendy - I love how your banner definitely gives off the vibe of your shop right away! It has good clean space and makes a statement. The only thing I can think to add would be to place what your shop is, in your banner too. (I am guilty of this as well.) Some buyers won't even stop to read the shop title to know what you sell. Other than that....9.5!
0 Likes

I LOVE your banner Missy Anne, great colours, lovely theme, love the drawing. Only drawback is what you stated - what are you selling? Giving it a 9!
0 Likes

Love your banner Wendy! It perfectly states what your shop is about and the graphics are fun. It's also clean (well as clean as mud can be...lol) and uncluttered! Definitely a 10!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Patti... I love your hats! you've given crochet a great look! and your banner is a perfect match for your name and your product. Best of luck with sales!
0 Likes

Hi Kim
I like your banner but think that you have too many fonts in a very small amount of space. The name of your store is some what lost. The text that catches my eye 1st is your slogan "An experience in colour". I would suggest only have a max of 2 different font types, and experimenting/playing by bringing out the name more and subduing the slogan. This can be done by various means; making the text bolder,and by bringing it down more; and reducing the text of the slogan making it smaller and changing it's colour to purple (a lighter tone or ever grey). I think the use of the yarn is great and colourful as the slogan suggests!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Fernanda:

Great banner! It's simple, clear and bright. It definitely caught my eye.
One suggestion -- maybe instead of the flowers in your banner, replace that with a picture of one of your items. Then it would portray what you are selling.
I would give it a 9 out of 10!
0 Likes

Charissa,
Love the colors you chose and it definitely portrays your product except the two buttons on the right. I'm not sure of the relevancy of them. Otherwise, good job!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, Carolyn!
I love your products. However the pictures seem to be a bit dark and so is your banner. Shop title is unclear which means the colour of the title is too bright? Maybe brighter banner and darker title can help you to improve your banner! I hope it would help you! :)
0 Likes
SweetgemsDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Love your banner go well with your shop toadstool at the end of banner could be a bit brighter
9/10 this meant for THISTLE BEE POTTERY
0 Likes
MoonkistDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Carolyn -

I love the name of your store and your concept, but I think that the three repeated images in the center on your banner are a little distracting. Have you thought about a larger image of a field of thistle, or of a closer image?

The pictures on the end were slightly dark on my monitor. You might consider brightening them slightly in Photoshop.

I love the font you chose for your store name. You might want to drop a shadow layer behind it in black or dark grey, slightly offset, to give some contrast so that it is really defined.

Good luck!!
0 Likes
SweetgemsDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Onards sorry but your banner dont look like a banner it dont show much about your products 5/10
0 Likes

Gena,

I like that you have a tagline - - it tells me right away what I'll be looking at in your shop. I would love to see your jewelry image larger and your shop name smaller. I'm a big fan of banners that hit you with the product first rather than the text, if that makes sense.

BEAUTIFUL jewelry, by the way. :)
0 Likes

Mercedes,

The image in your banner is beautiful - - so crisp and feminine. My only concern would be that it seems delicate & pearl driven, but I don't see the same products in your shop...maybe update the image to correspond better with what you have available. Otherwise, it's very pretty.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I would give it a 9. It is neat, simple and clean! And, to me that makes a huge statement. I think it sets the tone for you shop as well! Your designs are simple, clean, and need I say fabulous! It looks good
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love your banner...I know that by looking at it I am going to be seeing some nice jewelry!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Kate,
I love it! My only nit-pick (would hardly call it a critique!) is that I'm not a huge fan of the rounded edges. Otherwise though, it looks excellent! Fun and cute, creates a good brand, and announces your sale clearly.
0 Likes

Kate, I love it, simple easy to read, bright and announces what your shop is about. I also like how you inset the sale info.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had a choice of rounded or square and it was a tough decision! My avatar matches too...when it is not CIJ. Thanks for the critique.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

(to avoid being skipped)

I don't mind your banner, Leslie, but it could use a few tweaks. I personally am not a big fan of the big black shape behind the text; I think it is distracting. It's also a bit off center. I would love your banner if that black background was gone completely, but this just my personal taste. I'd give it a 7/10 right now.
0 Likes

Zoe - I love the simplicity of your banner. I don't see any problems with it!
0 Likes

hi Ceara!

I give your banner a 9! Like my banner, it is simple and has PINK in it! Lol I love pink. One thing I would change though is put Elan Poise in the middle on top with Simply Unique on the bottom, centered. I'm picky with symmetry, lol. Otherwise it's great!

Michelle
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Michelle. . Your banner is very simple and not distractive. It clearly states your shop name so it's really branding that title. It keeps your shop looking clean and stream lined, but it is a little too simple for my personal taste. I love it when shops have a lot of flavor and spice and show off the personality of the artist.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Desiree- It's a nice simple banner and works well for your shop but it looks slightly blurry at least on my computer and it's really dark since it's just showing tree trucks/roots but still nice.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your banner is nice, but it should be more cohesive with your shop... maybe some soaps in the banner? I'd also recommend adding a tagline to your banner describing what you sell.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.