Former_Member
I thought this would be a fun thread, as lots of us are looking for some critiques/advice. Rate the banner from the shop above on a scale of 1 to 10 and tell why. :)

Re: Critique the banner above!

I think it goes very well with your shop description "unique,modern and simple". And I love the font.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Bellina- LOVE the natural elements in your pieces and especially how those elements are carried through in your banner! My only (totally personal and totally nitpicky) thing is the butterfly... I'm not a fan of butterflies so it's definitely a personal preference but if I had your shop, I'd change the butterfly to a bird or feather to tie it into the nest.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love the honeycomb look - I love how you didn't stick with the standard "amber" color for it too! Very clean and simple, but catchy at the same time!
0 Likes

Wow, so very professional! The colours work perfectly with your entire shop, the flow of the design is in good harmony... Did you have a professional create this?

Nothing bad to say about this banner, you've got it made!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow - Was that for me? If so thank you so much! I did it myself and it is the same look I have for my business cards as well
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ralston, I like your banner. It flows well with your shop and fits your overall look and style.
0 Likes

Diana, I give your banner a 9. It's positioned and designed extremely well! I love the colors you used. However, the real life picture "taped" to the banner would look better if it was brighter!

Good luck!
Michelle
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Simple and cute, Michelle. love it.

Only thing you might maybe consider is exchange that bow in your logo by another design, like that lace thing you got in your items:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/103641111/custom-lace-earrings-elegant-fresh

Or maybe the simple V shape of your bracelets???
V or this: >>> ???
V or this: >>><<< ???
V
....if that makes sense... the V's closer up together of cause.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/101842687/starfish-friendship-bracelet-charm-wood
0 Likes

Nic - Nice color combo but I'd like to see actual pieces of your work instead of the graphic images.

I've redone my banner after some great feedback on this thread and I'm anxious to know if it's better. =/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Carolyn,
I'm not sure what your banner looked like before, but I think it looks lovely now. One thing I noticed was that the picture on the right doesn't go quite to the end of your 760 pixel width. I really love it in that it represents and brands your shop very well!
0 Likes
Nbeads
Inspiration Seeker

Zoe,
Your banner is so special and lovely,if I have to say something “critique”,I would suggest to add something on the left top,and then it is perfect.
0 Likes

Sean, your banner is sheer genius! I love how it literally illustrates your shop title "Some Supplies" with supplies strewn across the banner. But what's with that white strip? If you fill up the entire thing you deserve a 10!
0 Likes

Michelle:

I love the simplicity of your banner. It fits your shop beautifully. The only thing that puzzles me is the name of your shop and how you arrived at it. That makes me wonder if anyone else coming to your shop wonders that too?

Is there an explanation somewhere accessible for the curious among us?
0 Likes

Lovely banner - I like that you incorporated your philosophy into it and you have a sample of you wares in it too. I have nothing negative to say about it. Best of luck always! And your photos are GORGEOUS!
0 Likes

Yes Meredith! The explanation is basically everywhere - in my shop announcement and my public profile, as well as in each listing! It's about my dog. :)

NeatoKeen,
Your banner is so cute!! You can definitely see the vintage theme going on. I love how it looks so customized and how crisp and clean it is. Professional!

Michelle
0 Likes

Nice and neat! the banner says everything. the only thing (might be my monitor) the text in the banner i think might need to be just a bit darker mayde the contrast.
over all i like it! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Manos, I love how clean and simple your banner is! I really like it. I also think it's cool how your banner and profile picture go together :) Very nice!
0 Likes

I got skipped o:

Katie,

Your banner is really simple, but it also explains an important image! I like how you can tell your cause by your banner. The picture, however, is extremely blurry compared to the text. Maybe get a larger picture and shrink it so it is not pixelly? :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Michelle...I really like yours. My only question is why pink circle with a bow? How does it relate to your items?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lauren,

Your item photos are so colorful and your shop name is funny and intriguing- I think your banner could use a bit of the color and humor present in your work! Maybe simply adding a solid background color to your banner could do the trick!

:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jennie,
I think your banner is great! My only thought is that you could use a more unique font for your shop name, but even that's not necessary. Cool shop!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lauren -

I like that your banner is directly relevant to your items, and I'm a firm believer in less is more. My only suggestion is just considering your typeface, I think the font is a little ordinary. There are tons of free fonts online, sometimes I browse the recently listed fonts to get a little design inspiration. Sites like dafont.com and 1001freefonts are great and easy to download from!

Great pictures by the way, I bet the peppermint soap is lovely!

PS -Jennie and Zoe! I'm sorry I didn't mean to skip you

Jennie - I love your banner and your style, it'd be awesome just to see what the colors would look like inverted!

Zoe - I've run across your shop here in the forums before and I'm a little jelly of your banner :) its simple and well done. A concise version of your shop
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well I tried something new already. Lol. I'm glad this is here. Ive been playing with my banner all night.

And holly I really like your banner. It suits your shop perfectly :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lauren,

I like this for the colorful simplicity of it. I don't believe all banners need to incorporate the product, and lots of great ones don't. I think, though, that you should work on getting a crisper picture and maybe continuing the pattern out to the ends of your banner. Good luck!
0 Likes

Lauren I give your shop banner 7 / 10

I like the colours, and love how your banner is smaller length wise than most here on etsy. Its nice and cute! Where you loose points is where your text is slightly blurred. To me it makes your shop look less professional. If you sharpened up the text I would give your banner 8 or 9 out of ten for being cute and simple!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.