Google SEO: Shop Title vs. Announcement

Just when I think I have things figured out something changes lol. I haven't Googled myself or worked on SEO in a while, so I did this morning and to my surprise, I found that only the first line of my shop Announcement comes up (which isn't as relevant as my title), whereas in the past (I think?) it was my shop title that came up in Google. Is this fairly new or was it always this way? Actually, the first thing that comes up under my name is about Etsy, THEN a brief snippet from my Announcement, but nothing on the Title. So Is Shop Title no longer relevant?? Should I move my Shop Title to my Shop Announcement? Duplicate it in both?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Google SEO: Shop Title vs. Announcement

It looks like Google visited your shop when it was in Preview mode for the new design and picked up the temporary shop title and description when Etsy was using a boilerplate title tag and meta description tag for every Etsy shop.

I looked at the source code for your main shop page and your shop title is in the title tag and the first 140 characters of the description are in the meta description tag.

I suggest waiting another week or two to give Google time to visit your shop again , then search for your shop again on Google. You should eventually see the shop title and the first part of the description in Google search results
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.