I would appreciate some advice and shop critique...thank you!

Hello !
I have been on Etsy for long and it is not working out,so I would appreciate some advice and shop critique in general.
Also,I have started working on my SEO and I am not sure how to write dimensions of my paintings.Which would be better 70"x30" or 70x30 inches or 70 x 30 inches ?
Do I put a space in between and is it even smart to put x regarding the SEO?
It seems to me I should just leave the x out and put 70" 30"
Does anyone have an idea?
I know i should fix the beginning of my descriptions which are for the moment literally copied titles which is wrong.Just started doing that.
I would really appreciate some help,thank you !
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: I would appreciate some advice and shop critique...thank you!

Majalena: Your artwork is so interesting! Quite amazing. Don't give up yet - I think with some SEO improvements you'll have better success.

Mary can give you SEO tips, but I wanted to mention that you should go through all of your descriptions and correct the way you're using periods. Do you see how in these sentences there's a period, and then a space? That space is very important. First of all, it's the correct way to punctuate. Second, it makes your copy easier to read. Third, and Mary can confirm this, if you don't leave a space, it might cause problems with search engines - they might read your words wrong, or even identify your sentences as spam. It's an easy fix. Just could take a little time to go through everything. But it's probably worthwhile.

Best of luck with everything!
0 Likes

Thank you so much Barbara on this valuable advice. I will definitely fix that. I see that you put space even after a comma and even when sentence ends with a question mark. Should I do that,too ?
Maybe it sounds silly, but English is not my native language.

I appreciate your advice, thank you :)
0 Likes

Majalena: Yes, always put a space between sentences. With a question mark, it's like this? The punctuation mark goes directly after the last letter, and then there's a space. Or even with an exclamation point! Always a space. :)
0 Likes

Thank you very much !
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Definitely write out the word inches! When buyers are looking for a certain size piece, they aren't going to be writing 30" in the search bar, they'll be writing 30 inches, or even thirty inches. I would use both 30 and thirty in tags and in your descriptions, and definitely add spaces between the numbers and the X.
0 Likes

Thank you, Helen.
It makes sense. I will change that.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.