Re: 2019 - New Year, New Chat

@getyourbone Oh My!  So glad you are back on dry ground!  My husband and I sail (newbies) on a small lake here.  We've almost been standed a few times, never overturned.  Our dream has been to get good enough to sail on bigger waters.  Maybe I'll rethink that.

Yes, I remember when I couldn't keep up with the chatting going on here.  Miss everyone.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

This morning I pulled all the books off a bookshelf and dusted everything.  Then I purged a few books and started to sort them roughly by content.  I got overwhelmed at that point and just stacked them on the shelves.  Another day maybe.  At least I started.  :)

And its snowing...

0 Likes

Good morning.

Still cold, but at least no rain today. I am, However, totally stopped up. Mouth breather, for sure.

0 Likes

Omg, Steve, just read the story about your rescue. Must have been terrifying. So thankful you are all safe now.

Speaking of safety, M has decided it's no longer safe for him to drive. He was backing out of the driveway, which has a steep slope, and his foot slipped off the brake. He jumped the curb and hit the neighbor's tree. Didn't hurt him but trashed the van. He said he just couldn't get his foot back on the brake fast enough. 

It's good that he recognized the problem, because I've  been a little worried about his driving for awhile. But, it sure is going to be hard. Leaves me with all the running around, including taking him where he needs to go. I get tired just thinking about it.

0 Likes

Wow! Where did everyone to. Nobody's posted since Thursday.

0 Likes

Navigating through teams just isn't the easy peasy thing it used to be.  I'll try to be more active here.  

Kit - I'm sorry about M. and driving.  I know first hand the worry when their skills arent what they should be and then the pressure of having to 'do it all'.  Im grateful that my own hubs is back to driving safely again.  

I will have to scroll back to see the sailing mishap.

0 Likes

Still here.  Just not much to say.  I've not been doing much jewelry making.  I hope to get to some tomorrow!

0 Likes

Good morning.

Off to class today. Haven't transferred my tools to the fancy new tool chest yet. Guess I'll do that this weekend. It's supposed to be very cold, so I'll be staying in.

0 Likes

I hear you Kit.  I'm staying in as well.  This morning is was a balmy 11 degrees.  Won't get above freezing all week.  I'm so ready for spring.

I bought Hone and Highlight media for my tumbler.  I have some scrap pieces that I'm going to try first with LOS and then tumble in the media.  I hope it works well without taking too much off detail of pieces. 

0 Likes

Hi Everyone.  Popping in.  Not much to add.  Busy at work, busy at home, busy in the studio.  It's that crazy time of year for me when the horse events are gearing up, and work is busy too.  

Wow Steve!  What a scary experience!  Glad you are all okay!  

0 Likes

Good morning.

What is Hone and Highlight? I tumble almost everything. Wish I had a tumbler big enough for the neck wires.

0 Likes

Hone and Highlight is sold by Rosy Revolver, Jessica Cote  It is a media that you can use in your tumbler.  I tried it yesterday putting a few pieces that had LOS in with these gritty triangular pieces.  It gave a nice overall satin finish and took the LOS off the highlights.  You can then take those pieces and put those through the tumbler with steel shot if you want shiny.  I haven't tried doing that yet.  I may try it today if I get a chance.  I have a bracelet to make and a necklace to ship out.  It's funny, everything has been so quiet and I started moving pieces that expired to my website and deleting old listings.  Then I get two sales.  Go figure.

0 Likes

Morning!  I didn't get a chance to use the steel shot on the pieces I tumbled with H & H.  Maybe today if I can get studio cleaned and work a little on a custom bracelet.

0 Likes

Good morning.

Took Watson to the vet for teeth cleaning this morning. Not leaving the house until I have to pick him up at 4. It's brutally cold and windy out there.

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

are there any leaders to re[port spam- I tried with the drop down button but all I get is an error. 

0 Likes

Got it. I also notice some new spammy threads started. I'll see what I can do.

1 Like

I got the same, Pennee.

0 Likes

I got the same error too.  

0 Likes

Did you see this @PPennee   Looks like there are other teams getting spammed too.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/SPAMMERS-teams-are-being-attached-by-them/m-...

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Thanks @cgwhitfield , I think this is why so many teams have now chosen to be closed- the spammers are in their glory with this new format.

@kitkingdesignsreporting in Bugs now seems useless- check their weekly update- no specifics- they just refer you to the Etsy Help Twitter feed

0 Likes

Good morning.

We've finally got some warm weather and it's so nice. I hope spring is finally here and we don't have any more freezes. 

I've had no problems getting to my teams, and I never go to the forums, so I've decided to just ignore Etsy's weirdness. Of course, now that I've said that, I won't be able to get on next time.

0 Likes

Wow it's been a week since any one posted. Where did everyone go?

0 Likes

Hi Kit.  I'm still here.  

It is creepy quiet here since the change.  We used to be such a chatty group.  

Is there a way to search your pins in Pinterest?  I'm trying to delete some pins that lead to Etsy on items I no longer make.  It's painful going through all my pins as when I delete one it takes me back to the top of my pins and I have to scroll through again.  I'm trying to not lead people to Etsy anymore especially on sold items as they show other like items.

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

The only way I've ever done it @GayleDowell is to just go to my boards, I have one set up for My Jewelry, then go through and delete the ones I want. It at least stays in that board. I don't think Pinterest makes a lot of things too easy for things like that. Honestly, even if you don't make it any more it still is your work and I probably wouldn't delete any that have a lot of pins to oother people's boards- like 10 or more. The other thing you could do is add a comment directing people to your website if that's what you want. I have had people contact me to make stuff I stopped making or do a custom- unless you want to avoid that with certain things

0 Likes

Good idea about redirecting if people would read that.   I have my jewelry pins scattered on different boards, at least three different ones.  It's still a pain to have to rescroll after every delete especially when you get to early stuff, which is the majority of what I want deleted.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.