Re: 2019 - New Year, New Chat

Hey sorry for barging in like this after having been gone for a number of years… hope everyone is well!

Barney used to have a thread going for Mis-named stones and it appears Etsy has changed everything so much since I was last around that I can’t find it if it’s still around anymore? 

Anyone able to share a link for that thread/team/forum... don’t know what it’s called these days.

What I’m trying to find out about is a stone being sold as Allanite that has a very Sugelite purple to it... thinking it’s probably fake? 

Thanks for any help! 

Steve

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

@getyourbone - if you don’t find out from Barney, shoot me a photo.  I may be able to help.  There is a stone called alunite but to me it doesn’t look that much like sugilite.   But stones can have variations in color that I may not be aware of.  

0 Likes

Steve,

Here's the link to the current thread where B. can be found most often. 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Lapidarium-Bar-and-Grille/Smiths-are-bustin-out-all-over/gpm-p/1129515...

He doesn't check in as often as usual.

Good morning, everyone.

0 Likes

Wow, we're not very chatty these days. Where is everyone? It's lonesome in here.

0 Likes

Morning Kit!

Not sure where everyone is either.  I think the team has been in a slow decline for awhile and now with the change in teams and forums, it's almost dead here.

The aspiring metalsmith team is still active and some of the members here were also members there.  You should come and join the team.  We'd love to have you and there are a few familiar faces.  :)

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll look at it, if I can find it under the new system.

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Kit if you can't find it, I will definitely try to send you an invite although I hear that can also be problematic from some other teams. And I'm not kidding when I say Etsy search  stinks for teams- I think when a bunch of us searched we got all kinds of variations of metalsmiths- none of which had to do with metal!

Just hit apply to team and I'll approve you right away

0 Likes

I'm usually not on this forum, I'm so confused. Usually this team is too busy for me to keep up but somehow I landed here. I don't like this new format much. I do know Terri personally, she's my hero :)

1 Like

Hi Barbara!  You should join us too at Aspiring Metalsmiths team.  It's not too big of a group that you'd get lost in trying to keep up, but it's still alive.

0 Likes

I’d like to see this team survive.  I love our Aspiring team too.  👋 to Barb at Fishbone.  Glad you found us.  The roof guy to rake the tarp off so the engineer can see the roof is outside my house, in his vehicle, in the pouring rain.  I can’t imagine anyone thinks they should be climbing up on a roof in the rain or that they will actually be able to see the hail damage with the roof wet.  I think I’m living in the twilight zone. 

1 Like
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I sent an invitation Kit- it seemsed to work. I also sent one to fishbonesilver - no need to respond if you aren't interested but we'd love to have you both. 

Not trying to "steal" chattys- just we are no longer a closed group so why not have more friends- the more the merrier!

0 Likes

Thanks, Pennee.

0 Likes

Helllooooo...anyone home?  ***trying to blow some life back into the thread***

0 Likes

Good morning.

Where is everyone?

0 Likes

I'm here!  Getting a late start checking in this morning.

I've got do-dads in the works.  Little moons and stars.  I have some plans for these.  I have to do something while the weather is so cruddy.  Had 4-5 inches of snow yesterday and more snow and freezing rain is scheduled for later today.  If I don't get busy now, I'll regret it this summer when I want to do nothing but play outside.  :)

How's everyone doing?

0 Likes

So excited!  I have 3 custom orders in the works.  2 on Etsy...one local!  Yay me!

0 Likes

Go, Chrissi! Haven't had an order in ages.😿

Not venturing out today. In the low 30s and raining. Need to do some cooking because my freezer is depleted. And, I also need to clean out at least one drawer. (I really need to de-junk the whole house, but, baby steps.

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Today is supposed to be our last day of cold and sunny- tonight and through the weekend is snow, more snow then sleet and freezing rain. I swore I would go on vacation this year in Jan since we didn't go last year- now I am sorry I didn't just spin a wheel and pick a place

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Happy Birthday Jen!!!

0 Likes
prox
Post Crafter

Thank you 

0 Likes

Happy birthday to Jen!

I need to de-junk too Kit.  I keep telling myself today is the day to get started.  Maybe today.  We're suppose to get more snow and ice this afternoon 3-5 inches more.  I can find more fun things to do than try to wade through junk though.

0 Likes
prox
Post Crafter

Thank you    

0 Likes

Happy Birthday Jen!!!  

I've been working on a massive office clean-out for a couple of months.  DH bought me an antique rolltop desk for my birthday and it's been a challenge to move everything from my old desk over to the new one.  (the old one was a junk).  I need to sit down and really work on cleaning out files and setting up new ones.  I'm going to finish my taxes this weekend!

0 Likes

I've just been MIA with nothing much to add.  My life feels so mundane......  

0 Likes

When your life feels mundane...

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/merchant-ship-rescues-family-of-three-off-haiti

Part of the reason why I haven’t been around the forum for quite some time and also part of the reason why I am getting back into jewelry and lapidary...

Started the adventure in Indiantown Florida and almost ended up dead off the north coast of the Dominican/Haitian order

Life is good!

Back in the early days of this group, we would fill 20 pages a day of chat

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.