PPennee
Crafty Poster

Re: 2019 - New Year, New Chat

yup no problem CG, it's more concise anyhow
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Morning!

Doing jewelry between laundry and running errands. Beautiful day today. I really should be working outside.
0 Likes

I'm making soap for the first time in over a year. I was a tad nervous - LOL. Like riding a bike - got right back into the rhythm of it.
0 Likes

Good morning. Finally have some typical January temps, -9F. Only for a day or two though.
0 Likes

That's chilly. :D

We'll be getting ALL the way down in the 20s and 30s some this week. At night. :D

Busy day - both boys have things going on after school tonight (wrestling meet and a high school prep presentation), and then another wrestling meet tomorrow night. O.o
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

our local news said last night chance of snow, the weather channel said it will be high 50s- LOL. I know it won't be good for my garden if we don't get some freezing temps to kill some bad bugs but I have to say I am enjoying a mild winter so far!
0 Likes

Good morning.
We're swinging between sunny warmth wind freezing rain every 4 or 5 days. It's been beautiful, but Thursday and Friday it's going to be cold and wet. I can live without the cold and wet.
0 Likes

Good Morning. Checking in. It's beautiful here! We are alternating between excessively cold temperatures and excessively warm temperatures. It was 70 yesterday and will be in the mid-50s today and for the rest of the week. A week ago...we were in the high 20s.

0 Likes

Everything going okay, Chrissi? I know the last few weeks have been rough.
0 Likes

Morning! Bench day today. I have several things I need to finish up.

Anyone do a newsletter? I've had mailchimp for awhile and have about 50 people signed-up, but have not sent out anything yet. Not sure how mailchimp works, and I haven't dedicated the time to find out. Just curious if anyone else here does one.
0 Likes

I keep thinking I'll do one, but lethargy sets in. I'd go for it, but just not too frequent and include subjects that aren't just what's new in your shop. Do a how to pack jewelry for travel, info on various stones, etc.
0 Likes

I do use MailChimp, Gayle. It's really pretty easy, they walk you right through it. Mine's connected to my Shopify store, so I can pull pictures from my website or download them from my Picture files. I don't send tons of newsletters out, but it's nice to have that ability.
0 Likes

Good idea Kit. Info. on gemstones would be good to include and then link to some specific pieces. Maybe jewelry care would also be good.

Erin. I may ask you questions if I ever get to putting one together.
0 Likes

Hanging in there, Erin. It's been a rough few weeks for sure. I'm emotionally and physically wiped out. Things will be okay for a bit, then the meltdowns around the office start. I'm glad the weather is nice so I can escape to the barn for a little bit.
0 Likes

That's fine, Gayle. I'm here.

I can only imagine, Chrissi. HUGS

0 Likes

its been beautiful here lately but if the mid atlantic is going to get cold, we won't be far behind before we get a cold front and wind. yuk.
0 Likes

Thanks Erin. :) To add additional stress...my eye doctor is changing my contact lens prescription and they keep messing up the trial lenses. So...I'm working with contacts that are not 100% correct. I'm hoping to get the new lens in by Friday.

0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Here the next winter storm is predicted for Friday. We'll see. The north will get most of it.

Chrissi, I imagine it must be hard that both work and home life are affected. Not that many neutral places for you to escape. It must be extra nice to spend time with the horses now.
0 Likes

Good morning!

Oh, well, that's no fun at all, Chrissi. I've got a brand new pair of cute glasses I need to change the lenses in because the prescription he tried on me absolutely did not work. Made me mad, but there it is.
0 Likes

Good morning.
Chrissi, I can't imagine how difficult it must be, both at home and at the office. How is your MIL doing? It's good that you have the horses. Does Brian have something to get him away from it all? Wishing all of you peace and healing.
0 Likes

Good morning.

A reminder....today is the last day to save or bump any post from before 3 years ago. Everything here from before that date will vanish for good at midnight EST tonight.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I don't know how many still use Flickr but they are now limiting the free accounts to 1000 photos- everything else, oldest first, will be deleted if you are not pro. They are offering a 15% discount on pro
0 Likes

I got that email, too, Pennee. I guess I should just eliminate that account. We used to have a huge amount of space for pics there.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I think like everything else Erin, it's cost, the servers can only handle so much unless it goes to the cloud. Cloud storage costs too. Nothing is ever free really
0 Likes

Checked my Flickr account and am under the limit. I'll probably leave my account there. Not sure it does anything for me.

I'm getting new eyeglasses soon. My old lenses are scratched and can't see well out of them anymore. I hate wearing glasses, but I do love to see things clearly. :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.