issue with deleting material

I used the vela site to remove a material from some listings. It showed 39 affected listings and for all intents and purposes, it appears on Vela that the material was deleted, it no longer shows up on the listings on vela and its not on the list of all the materials I use... but its still on the listings in my shop and its been a least a half hour since I synced the updates
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: issue with deleting material

Hi Meghan -

Thanks for reaching out. I'll take a further look into the issue, but just so you know we had to implement a few updates that may cause some temporary sync delays, but everything should be back to normal within the next hour.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Hey, new user of Vela here! Your service is super sweet and I'm stoked to save a buttload of time using it. I updated about 40 listings with a find and replace of a couple of words and haven't seen any of the updates come through (though they do show on Vela).

I did this about an hour or an hour and a half ago. Is that normal? Or due to website updates? I've scoured the internet and am having a hard time finding a time range that I should expect to see the changes in. I've narrowed it down from approximately 10 minutes to four hours. Haha.
0 Likes

Hi Kaila -

I've included a more thorough answer from our Help Center below, but typically syncing should take no more than a few minutes, depending on the number of updates being performed. That said, as I mentioned above we had to implement a couple updates that have created temporary delays, but everything should be back to normal soon.

Thanks,
Justin

How long does it take for updates to be sent from Vela to Etsy?

After performing your updates, clicking "Apply" and then “Sync Updates”, you should notice the sync countdown indicator appear near the bottom left hand corner of your screen. It will initially read, “Syncing…” and then once the process begins display the number of updates being synced (e.g. “Syncing 100 updates”). The number will continue to decrease as updates sync, until all updates have been sent to Etsy.

Two very important things to note are that the updates do not process all at once, but in batches. Even more important is to remember the following transmission flow.

Vela > Etsy Listing Manager > Etsy.com

By this we mean that Vela sends updates to Etsy's Listing Manager and then at that point Etsy's internal processes control the publication to Etsy.com.

We are continuously working to improve the speed in which updates are sent from Vela to Etsy's Listing Manager, however, the time it takes for the updates to be reflected on Etsy.com is entirely determined by Etsy and will vary depending on factors including, site traffic, number of updates, etc....
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.