Vela Support for New Shop Manager

As many of you know Etsy just launched a major update to the Shop Manager, which among other changes will have a major impact on Variations. We’ve know this was coming for a little while and have been working around the clock to make sure that Vela will be able to support the new structure.

I’ll continue to provide updates, but at this point we’re on track to launch full support for Variations by the end of the month. At that point, you’ll be able to not only bulk edit Variations, but also Pricing, Quantity, SKUs, and more.

In the meantime, all other sections (e.g. Title, Photos, Tags) can continue to be edited like normal. Also, this change will only impact sellers who switch to the new Shop Manager.

I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated, but rest assured that we’re working to launch ASAP, and I’m confident you’ll be pleased with what we have in store!

Thanks,
Justin
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
21 Replies

Re: Vela Support for New Shop Manager

I've been trying to get into Vela to edit out some sale information I added a month ago before the new shop manager was offered and my shop will not sync. I really don't want to have to go into each listing to change it. Can someone help with this?
0 Likes

Hi Dave & Linda -

Thanks for reaching out. Since this appears to be a specific issue related to your shop and not something more general, I'll reach out directly.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Hi,

It is just today that I discovered Vela ;-) I signed in and wanted to bulk-edit my prices, but using the new Shop Manager prototype this didn't work.

Switching off temporarily didn't help, so I may leave the new Shop Manager entirely? And if so, can I get back the prototype after editing my prices through Vela?

Does anybody know if this can be done the way I think? ;-)

Thanks in advance!!
0 Likes

Hi Molly -

Thanks for reaching out! As you know Etsy just launched a new Shop Manager, which among other changes has a major impact on Variations, Pricing, Quantity and now SKU. We’ve known this was coming for a little while and have been working around the clock to make sure that Vela will be able to support the new structure.

I’ll continue to provide updates, but we’re currently on track to launch in 1-2 weeks. Once available you’ll be able edit all the new components both individually and in bulk. In the meantime, all other sections (e.g. Title, Descriptions, Photos, Tags) can continue to be edited like normal.

Hopefully, this provides a little clarity, but please feel free to check-in at anytime :-)

Best,
Justin
0 Likes

Hi!

I just joined Vela and attempted to change descriptions on 66 items. It said syncing at first and now it's been stuck on editing 66 for several minutes with no changes in characters remaining. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?
0 Likes

Hi -

Thanks for reaching out. Since this appears to be a specific issue related to your shop and not something more general, I'll reach out directly.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Hi Justin, I have the exact same problem as those above. I added sale info to the beginning of my descriptions weeks ago & I am now unable to edit or delete that info through Vela. My account says syncing but nothing happens. Can you please help me?
~Carrie
0 Likes

Hi Carrie -

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Any idea when this will be released?? I have over 300 listings and I badly need this option :) :)
0 Likes

Is this ever going to appear?
0 Likes

Hi Ian -

We actually launched the Price, Quantity, and SKU sections for everyone a couple weeks ago and have begun to enable Variations for new groups of users every day.

We expect to have everyone on board by the end of next week, but I just went ahead and turned it on for you!

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

I've just been trying out the new Variations feature this morning - brilliant stuff, works smoothly and does everything you'd hope it would - thanks Justin & team
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I just joined Vela and bulk edited my prices for all 428 listings. It's been about 15 minutes and the changes are not showing in my shop and the top of the screen on Vela says "editing 428". Not a big deal, but how long should I expect to wait?
0 Likes

Hey Jess -

I just reached out directly to help. If you encounter any issues and/or have questions in the future, the best way to reach out is through our chat app. Just click the blue circle in the bottom right-hand corner, type whatever you like, and it'll come straight to me :-)

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Just used Vela for the first time last night.
I edited about 75 listings, Descriptions and Variations and it worked amazing.
Very quick to update and easy to use.
So happy I found it...!
This will save me countless hours of updating as I am adding new sizes to all of my listing.
Thanks a Bunch!
Teri
0 Likes

Justin, I too am having problems editing item descriptions.
0 Likes

Hi Cindy -

Thanks for reaching out. Since this appears to be a specific issue related to your shop and not something more general, I'll follow up with you directly.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Hi Justin: Is there a fast way to use Vela to copy variations from one listing into others? To be clear, all my listings have variations, but I want to take one particular listing's variations and use that set to replace a bunch of other listings' variations with it. From looking at the options, it appears that variations still need to be manually done for each listing? What am I missing? Thanks for any help. :)
Emmy
0 Likes

Hey Emmy -

It's definitely possible to bulk edit variations for multiple listings at once, but in order to do so you must recreate ALL components of the variation(s). As shown in the enclosed video, the first step is to choose your category(s). This is necessary because the category(s) you select will impact the components you can select and these have to be the same for all selected listings.

I realize it's a little tedious to have to recreate your variations, but this is necessary based on rules within Etsy that we cannot change. The good news is that you only have to do so once and can update as many listings as you like. Alternatively, if you wish to update variations for a single listing you can do so by updating that listing directly without having to recreate everything.

Examples of how to do both are covered in the video, but please let me know if you have any questions or would even like to connect and walk through things together.

http://help.getvela.com/using-vela/how-to-videos/variations
0 Likes

I'm having an issue with this:

1. Log in.
2. Select all items by clicking the [✓ All] at the top right of the screen.
3. At the top left of the screen, click the blue bar that says [Edit xxx Listings].
4. In the menu on the left bar, click on [Description].
5. Choose [Find & Replace] from the drop-down menu.
6. In the find and replace text boxes, put:

Find: www.etsy.com/listing
Replace: www.etsy.com/yourshopname/listing

-or-

Find: www.etsy.com/listing
Replace: www.etsy.com/yourshopname/listing

7. Click the [Apply] button on the top right of the screen. Depending on your computer it may take a couple of minutes to update all the listings.

8. Once all of the listings have been updated, click the blue bar on the top left of the screen that says [Sync Updates]. It may take a few minutes for all of your listings to update.

I do this and I hang up forever, even trying to do a section at a time vs. my entire shop? Can you help?
0 Likes

Hey Roxie -

Nice to hear from you! Since this appears to be a specific issue related to an edit your trying to make t your shop, I'll reach out directly to help.

Thanks,
Justin

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.