ok, thread inspired by margaret that we can all use. let's all be alvin. i waaaant a...

i'll go first. a few of what i call unicorns. the nearly impossible to find madame alexander kins from the early international ones that were honoring the united nations. morocco, peruvian boy, spanish boy, argentine boy. there were counties added later that are not as vintage.

peru 531, tibet, africa, etc. these come in the later series, not current but later. most of these don't show up online at all or they are way too expensive, hence, 'unicorns', lol. 

feel free to list your hard to find wanted items on this thread and we all can group research/hunt. ok? 

Re: elusive things we are looking for

I'll keep my eyes open.  I've never run across laurel burch fabric that I can recall, buy you never know.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

thank you, mila.

0 Likes

I am looking for an Oliver Goodin smocking plate or pattern. I don't want to buy them as I no longer do any smocking or crafts I just want to see if they are available. This was around in the early 1980's. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

hi, moira. they are listed on etsy and amazon. 

0 Likes

i guess i'm strange. nothing came to mind. one thing i recently wanted was an old cookbook my mom had that had some of our favorite dishes in ti. i found it on amazon and how i have it. i guess that would be it.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

that was fortunate, bev. 

0 Likes

Right now this is elusive. I am looking for an end to Covid-19 and I am looking for an end to protests that bring people out in large numbers without masks or social distancing . I want all of you to be healthy and to stay well. Please.

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i hear you, but i can't find that end on etsy or amazon, sorry. just keep the faith and believe things will be ok. hugs.

0 Likes

@vlmkpyae ... could not sleep so checked out some items on shopgoodwill.com and they had.Group of Madam A dolls... 5 little women at auction for 12. ??. Not in really great shape., but you might want to take a look. Ends 7/30.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

@collecteddust . thanks, but i have the little women. and i don't have paypal so this is why i don't look on sites like that. i have a friend who gets large dolls to repair through goodwill online. she has gotten some good deals over the years. but i'm pretty sure she said it was paypal only.

0 Likes

Sil. ~ new listing on Etsy~ SuzsCollectibles~ MadameAlexander ~ Russia International doll ~ $20.00. @vlmkpyae

1 Like
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

I would love to find more of the discontinue Lion Brand "Tonal" yarn. I absolutely loved it for my watchcaps. They discontinued that AND the Chunky line. The few places that still have small amounts charge outrageous prices. Would love to find a reasonable substitute.

I would also like to find all the things I sold to second-hand shops in Los Angeles 30 years ago, but that list is too long...

1 Like

@vlmkpyae   ~~ 'mornin to you.In response about  GW.... they take all types of payments... credit cards, etc..when the site comes up , I look through the search items & type in vintage dolls. I have found some really great Raggedys there. Just a good check through site.  Keep safe & Well.

1 Like

@9ElizabethStreet My friend Heidi managed the Lion Brand b&m in Upstate NY, and has or had a lot of old stock- I just messaged her asking if she still had any of the tonal or chunky yarns stashed away. Will happily put you directly in touch with her if she does. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

@ElizabethRosenArtWhy thank you! I won't hold my breath, but I would be eternally grateful if The Fates smiled upon me. I have enough yarn to choke Mothra, but that had been my go-to. I never understood why they dropped the Tonal but keep others that are definitely not as lush. I guess more people buy the cheaper end stuff.

2 Likes

@9ElizabethStreet I finally heard back from her, and she is in the midst of packing for another big move so doesn't know the current status of her old stock. So at least the answer's not no  

2 Likes
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

@ElizabethRosenArt  Thanks for the follow-up. If she wants to contact me on Ravelry and leave you out of the middle, I'm easy enough to find: Marie-Antoinknit is my moniker there as well as here!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

2 Likes

Congrats! They are adorable... What are you making with it?

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

elizabeth, it's a large zippered pouch, not fabric. it's already made and has been for 22 years. : )

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@vlmkpyae 

That's so cute! I love purple and I love cats. Congrats on landing it.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

At the lake... it's raining... set up the laptop and dropped in on the forums... the 'elusive thing' I'm now looking for is a day in the forums when nobody goes off the deep end.  Think I'll park the LT in the suitcase for the duration. *sigh*

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

margaret, thanks. i have bought from her once. norway. nice and clean.

0 Likes

@vlmkpyae  ~~ (1) I have checked to be sure about GW payment . They take all types of credit cards.  (2) category Toys ~ dolls ~ as of this AM, they have MA dolls - Yugoslavia, Russia, Ladybird(?),and a couple more. You might want to check 'em out at shopgoodwill.com. ... Good luck!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

thanks, margaret. next month i will.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.