ok, thread inspired by margaret that we can all use. let's all be alvin. i waaaant a...

i'll go first. a few of what i call unicorns. the nearly impossible to find madame alexander kins from the early international ones that were honoring the united nations. morocco, peruvian boy, spanish boy, argentine boy. there were counties added later that are not as vintage.

peru 531, tibet, africa, etc. these come in the later series, not current but later. most of these don't show up online at all or they are way too expensive, hence, 'unicorns', lol. 

feel free to list your hard to find wanted items on this thread and we all can group research/hunt. ok? 

Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Re: elusive things we are looking for

I'm on the hunt for peace and quiet! ha ha

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

does it come with free shipping?

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

@vlmkpyae  Ha ha ...

Hey love that Laurel Burch pouch. Love ALL her stuff!!

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i found a nice lot i can 't afford now. i convoed seller to ask if she would take 20 for just one of the 6 in the lot, i really want a france that old, or if she'd save the lot for me... but she is still asleep. sigh.my best friend in nsw tried to see if she could buy it for me. but it argued that no shipping to australia even though she told it california. so it failed. sad. now it shows as in 2 carts. well, it's in mine as saved for later. i wonder if the other was my friend as a guest? she wants 46.50 for 6. i offered 20 for just 1... now i wait.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@Teddyrose54  I thought I saw a post of yours in the main forum looking for doll houses in the UK.  I can't seem to find it now so I thought I'd leave a link here to a website you might be interested in...

https://www.the-dollshouse.co.uk/

2 Likes

I'm wanting to change my shop Banner. Does anyone know of a shop here that can help me find a Banner that is related to sewing/quilting please? Any help would be appreciated. Blessings.

2 Likes

Hi Mary @SewNSewSister I'm also a trained graphic designer in real life, and would be happy to make a custom banner for you (gratis). I've made a few banners for Etsy friends (and total strangers from the forum) over the years! If you want to take me up on that, message me through my shop please. Your shop is wonderful- it would be a pleasure!

1 Like

Just sent you an email Elizabeth. Thanks so much. Blessings.

1 Like

Elizabeth @ElizabethRosenArt   One of the Etsy sellers I like has an interesting listing. paintedpony99 has a bunch of vintage Christmas bulbs for sale. There are two with that ribbed look. The price is $12.00 plus shipping. The two may not be what you are looking for at all. Take a quick look .

1 Like

Thank you so much for thinking of me Margaret @collecteddust these are not quite old enough. The really old ones are deeply molded and usually frosted. Wish I could post a photo! I'm going to message you through your shop...

1 Like

Darn! I'll keep looking.

Stay well 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

any vintage christmas things i'd like to replace are out of my price range apparently. sigh.

0 Likes

What are you looking for @vlmkpyae ? Our flea markets and thrift stores are all open and busy. Happy to keep an eye out. There's so much vintage Christmas stuff out there right now, it's very reasonable. Nothing like the online pricing.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

elizabeth, i want a box. it was a box from the shiny brite ornaments. it had a tree cut out on top on the cellophane window of the top of the box. i can't afford what they want for vintage ornaments but i'd like to have a box like we had...  i loved our ornaments. i even had a silvery one that had a pale purple stripe, it was my ornament. : ) grandma had the tiny putz houses you hung on the tree, and the tiny flocked elves and that sort of kitchy stuff. i miss those things. etsy sellers want way too much for true vintage 50's stuff. we don't have flea markets here. if we did i'd be looking for purple, green, blue and not the tons of red most common. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

1 Like

Will definitely keep an eye out! What a fun box. 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

thanks elizabeth. i'd also like a little putz house, a real one not a new retro one made to look 50's but a real cardboard, hang it over a bulb on the tree so light shines through it, glittered kitchy putz house that isn't red or orange since those look awful with our nautical colored decor. but i can't get anything at all until november.  shadow bought games and i overspent and neither of us paid close enough attention to the bills that came in as the bank paid them. we're ok just no non essentials for now. so if you find anything flea/thrifting i'd need you to hold it for a bit. 

0 Likes

Well, I have a 'real' vintage Putz church from that era- cardboard, glittered, small and very vintage. It came with some Erzgebirge wooden houses that I use in art- but can't use the cardboard buildings. I will happily send it your way. Can't send you a pic at the moment- it's in Woodstock, and I'm in Brooklyn, but will when I'm back Upstate. @vlmkpyae 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

elizabeth, that would be really neat. : ) i'd love it. thank you. 

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

2 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

hi, gerri. no, i had not seen that. thank you. but they want almost as much just to ship it. i have seen boxes full of ornaments with free shipping for less than 24, it's just they all have red ornaments and i really don't want red because our entire apartment is nautical colors.

but thanks for spotting that, i appreciate it. : ) why would they charge that much for shipping a light weight empty box i wonder? things that boggle the mind.  

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@vlmkpyae 

Got it. I was browsing vintage Christmas stuff last night and came across that. The seller might ship priority which would explain the price. USPS just raised the price on commercial shipping and priority starts at about $9 nowadays. If I see anything else, I'll let you know. : -)

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

hi, gerri.

oh, ouch! : ( priority is starting at 9 now? how awful at a time like this.  

is a folded flat box too big for first class i wonder? i found a seller who thinks she has some of those boxes but is not sure what spare ornaments she might have so i'm just waiting to hear back for her and hoping. 

thanks for helping me search.

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@vlmkpyae 

The box could likely be folded down and shipped first class and it would be less expensive to ship. But I guess that also depends on how cooperative the seller is and if they're willing to do it. My $9 priority estimate is based on my experience of things going from the east coast to the west coast. That seller is in North Carolina so I'm assuming the cost would be about the same. If I ship to someone here in NY, priority is a couple of dollars cheaper.

And good luck with that other seller! Hopefully you'll get good news soon.  :- )

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

gerri, i think i figured it out. they likely do not want to fold it but send it intact. that makes the only sense to me.

no word from other seller yet so i'm still searching. thanks. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.