Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.

Re: New Members Introductions

Hi, My name is Jean and my shop is DreamersGifts. My shop is named after my horse dreamer who is the whole reason for me having my shop. I try to make things for a rustic decor like decorated horse shoes and anything I can come up with a western theme. But I am always trying to make new things so you never know what theme I may use for something outside of the regular rustic theme.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hello! I'm Barbara. I've been selling on Etsy for a few years now and have gone full time.
I've been looking for a team that reflects my desire to grow my business in the world at large that isn't full of self promoting within the group. That's just preaching to the choir, so to speak.

I'm self taught in all areas of my business, including running it. I'm signed up for a S.C.O.R.E. workshop in April to take my knowledge to the next level. My ultimate dream is to have an actual brick and mortar shop/ studio within a few years.
I'm very interested in learning about effective marketing that isn't spammy, advertising, organizing the many pieces of information we keep track of and any other tips I can pick up. I think I've learned a few things that I can share too! A few of my friends have been inspired to set up Etsy shops and I've been helping them along as much as I can.
I believe that by helping each other we can all grow!
0 Likes

Hi all,
I'm a fine artist that's been doing art fair etc. for quite a while. I just opened up my Etsy shop in November 2013. I've learned a lot on Etsy. I have to confess that learning how to promote myself is a weak spot. I hope to learn here as well as advise on what I do know.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I am a new member. I have a book for sale called A Little Child Shall Lead Them. It is softcover and about 69 pages. I have it here, only one copy. It involved the supernatural, witchcraft, dreams, and dream interpretations. it also forecasts the next terror attack on the United States. A very, very unique and good book. Do you want to hear about how the world will end? Read the book.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I am a full-time homemaker, but I sell on the side for fun and walking around money. I am the founding member of an art collective that does Pop-Up Art Boutiques in the Chicagoland area and Etsy has been a project for the last year or so. I am hoping to focus more on online sales this year, and so far I have met my goals.
0 Likes

Hello! I appreciate the invite and apologize for the delay in joining! :) I am Gwynne and I am a procrastinator! Lol I sell handmade jewelry consisting of lots of upcycled items - old watch parts, vintage findings, skeleton keys. I like creating nature and animal themed jewelry, too!

I have had several shops on Etsy - PenGwynne Beads, PenGwynne Art and my destash shop - PenGwynne7. I will be reopening a couple of these soon.

I have been selling on Etsy since 2007. Glad to be a part of the team!
0 Likes

thanks for letting me join !
0 Likes

Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite to this great group. I sell vintage clothing mostly from the 70's, 80's and 90's and also some upcycled items (women's shirts and shorts). I've been on Etsy since June 2013 and glad to be a part of this team. I am looking for any tips on ways improve my business and to share any ideas with others!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Un saluto ed un invito cordiale da parte mia,nel chiedervi di visitare,se vi fa piacere,il mio negozio ,con tutti i miei nuovi prodotti,un grande grazie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I'm Ginger from Wild Ginger Spiro. I make eclectic jewelry, suncatchers and what ever might hit me any given day. I've been artsy my entire life and dabbled in most all forms of arts and crafts well before internet I may add. There is still much for me to learn on the marketing and growth end of business so I'm soaking in as much as possible. Mostly I enjoy the creative experience and the Etsy format and enjoy what I do enormously. Eclectic pretty much describes me all the way around and a term I've learned to embrace rather than fight. ;) Thanks for the invite, I look forward to participating with the team.
0 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Laurie, but my friends call me Elle, some just L.
My 2 biggest passions are making handmade jewelry, and playing bass in a band (and I sing sometimes)!
I love to cook, do organic gardening, and dancing ballet (I used to be really good at ballet ,now I just practice! I have done many crafts along the way and I love it all!
The one thing that I never thought I would be doing is selling! Small world sometimes, because when I started making jewelry, I just wanted to make some cool earrings for myself! I was shopping and thought, "I can make that!" Then some of my wonderful friends and family urged me to sell it! First I said, "no way anyone wants to buy what I made".
Sooo, here I am selling, and some people do want it, I'm thrilled! Now I want to better learn how to do this having a shop and selling gig! I have a fabulous husband who has helped me. He does most of the photography, with my "advice"(ha ha), and helps me with some of the computer aspects, I'm a lucky girl!!!
I'm here to further my knowledge. My etsy shop has been open since May 2013 and it has been a learning process the whole time and still is! We call it, "I am but an egg"
Thanks Everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone. My name is Tiffany and I own The Purl & Garter. I am in NY, a mom of 2 girls and I work by day as an underwriter but I telecommute so in my down time guess what im doing? LOL Yup you guessed it. Promoting my Etsy shop on twitter and Instagram and FB and making new items and promoting shops I find that I love :)
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Kati from katibrowndesigns which is in New Zealand. I joined a wee while ago but haven't said Hi yet. I make rosaries, prayer beads, and some jewelry to go with them, as well as designs for people in Recovery programs. My sister and I have 2 shops on Etsy, and we sell in 9 online venues in all. We have been selling online for 14 years now and are full-time makers and sellers. It's been an interesting road, and Etsy is the most interesting of all our venues even if it's not the best revenue earner (yet!).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I think I just got approved to join, so I will introduce myself.

My name is Lindsay. My husband, Drew, and I run this shop and our other shop (ChairWearFashion). This shop is an Etsy extension of our main business: a marketing and design firm that we founded together in 2009. The other shop is where we sell my unique invention, the Chirt (a patent-pending office chair cover). It actually won America's Top Invention for 2013 from My Cool Inventions Radio's Genesis competition out of over 1 thousand applicants. I love what I do for all of our businesses and I especially love doing it with my husband who's an amazing husband and fun business partner. We both have different talents and balance each other very well. We spend nearly all of our time together, but we wouldn't change it at all. Now, we share our time with our two amazing little boys (a toddler and a newborn). Our goal is to grow all of our businesses so we can pass them on to our children eventually or at least fund their dreams, whatever that may be. We work very hard now and know that it will be so worth it for them to grow up knowing they can do anything they set their minds to, and the flexible schedule allows us to share many special family moments that we'd otherwise have to miss out on. I love that my husband can be part of their lives each day instead of just an hour in the evening. I look forward to getting to know everyone. If you'd like to know more about us, we have a fun About section with lots of photos.
0 Likes

Hello, I'm Maureen. What started as a hobby for a little extra money 24 years ago, grew to a full time business. I do machine embroidery on shirts and aprons, and also make luggage tags and quilted tote bags. Most of my sales are at craft shows throughout Texas, and I'd love to expand my Etsy sales.
0 Likes

Hi all!
I was just invited to this team and am very excited as I have found some new shops that I really love!! What a great invite this is to a team by allowing us to describe what we make and LOVE! I began all this by creating beautiful topiary trees and wreathes years ago before I knew about Etsy. I named my shop Queen's Tree because of Queen Victoria and topiaries. However I wonder if that is a good name for my shop that contains handmade cards? Hmmmm. Well, thanks for allowing me to join this team and I wish everyone the BEST of luck with your shops!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi to all!! I make scarce and accessories, hope to get into clothing design soon!Thanks for the invite!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! My name is Brenda Barker, but you can call me "Ma"... everyone does!! I sell handmade dry mixes (I make the mixes, the bags, the tags, created the graphics, I do it all!) as well as flavored honeys and jams & butters made from honey (no sugar used here!). I make baskets at reasonable prices (try to re-purpose the basket, and then add my products). I do trade shows, but not much online selling... YET! Etsy was recently recommended so here I am, trying to figure this thing out!! God Bless and Happy Selling!!!
0 Likes

Hello Everyone!

And thanks, BD, for the invitation to join this team!

My Etsy shop is about professionally printed blank-inside greeting cards that feature my photography. In addition, I sell digital downloads of the images.

My shop's pretty new, having opened on Dec 24th. I've had one small sale so far. I'm still working the fora and constantly tweaking to get my views to improve from "meh" and have more of my items (and my shop) fav'd!

I've worked in the travel/tourism industry for all my working life - still do, part time. I got into photography seriously a few years ago - digital having rekindled a childhood interest that was originally too expensive to persue in the film format! I particularly enjoy pet photography, as well as wildlife, nature, and outdoor sports.

I'm located in BC, Canada.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

T.
0 Likes

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite. I make custom beaded dog pins, pendants, bead-paintings and art. I have also started to write up some patterns so others can learn how to make their own beaded dogs. Happy beading from Boston! :)
0 Likes

Hello everyone!

I'm a one woman show & I opened my Etsy Store in June of 2007 & sell fabric, handmade basket liners, quilted reversible placemats, coasters and table quilts. I advertise on FB, Twitter, Pinterest, & multi groups all of which help my sales. Oh, & I do craft shows where I display & sell all my handmade items. So I'm a very busy person but loving each step I make.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone, thanks for the invite. I'm an associate professor teaching at a University here in NY. Etsy was originally a side project, something to alleviate the creative monotony of the day, but over time has become something much more than that. My stepfather, who recently remarried and has since moved on from NYC taught me most of what I know about woodworking. Now that he's gone, I'm looking to see what I could do on my own. So, my name is Eric, and I'm very excited to be a part of this group :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Rena.
Thank you for the invite.
I'm mostly interested in fashion trends. I've been making jewelry for 43 years, and have found the competition to be daunting, especially with over-seas manufacturers copying hand made designs and ending up at Walmart and Target and such.

How to be a successful artist in this day and age of the GREAT RIP OFF and ANY THING GOES in big corporate business.

It seems like the little folk keep getting little-er and the big folk just suck up all the profits.
0 Likes

Thanks for inviting me to this team! I have an eclectic vintage shop- please check it out!
0 Likes

Hello! Thank you for the invite. I love creating all types of designs for dog collars. I am currently focusing on one area right now, but plan to expand into few different types and sizes of collars.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.