Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.

Re: New Members Introductions

Hello! I'm Laura and I love to breathe new life into "old stuff". I love how old treasures can play nicely with new home décor while adding an element of interest.

I have A LOT of vintage linens that I will start posting soon, as well as many other found treasures. If you're a fellow vintage lover and have your eye out for something specific, please let me know, as I may have it in my stockpile!

I work from home full time as a medical coder and account auditor. It's boring but it pays the bills! Etsy is my outlet, and I hope one day my shop will really take off!

I am always open to suggestions from other vintage sellers on how to improve my shop. Good luck to all of you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I am William from Ireland and I have been selling online for 5 years now.
I had an Etsy account opened for a long time but only started selling here the end of last year.I was selling all the time on Ebay and Amazon but I will be getting out of Ebay soon.Selling on Ebay is no fun anymore for me anyway.
I sell at this time on Etsy velvet chokers,guitar pick necklaces and keychains and I hope to start making a line of custom metal hand tools soon as I was a metal worker for 30 years.
That's me.
Thanks for reading and good luck with your sales.
William.
0 Likes

Hey everybody.

My name's Elise and I sell solar powered window décor made from crystals and prisms. I've just moved back to Oregon after finishing a conservation internship. The job hunt begins, haha. I'm hoping to sell my creations for a living within the next year or so.

Cheers!
0 Likes

Hi - good to join the team!

My name is Doug and I design and print what I sell on Etsy from my home in Central PA. I had been wanting to start an Online shop to sell my prints for some time and Etsy seemed like a good fit. After I get my Nautical Flag Shop where it needs to be I have a few ideas for some other shops I want to open. Hoping to learn how to make improvements to my shop by joining teams like this one:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

My name is Mallory and I am a seamstress/soapmaker. I love making costumes, especially historically themed. Over 2013, I have been experimenting with hot process soapmaking with all vegan materials. Totally love it!

I have been toying with the idea of doing craft shows, yet it is all pretty new to me, so a bit overwhelmed as how I should go about that. I would love any insight on starting with craft shows (or any tips at all on selling, marketing, etc, I'm not picky!)

Looking forward to learning and growing!
Mallory
0 Likes

Hello everyone. Thank you for inviting me into this group. I hope to learn more about business and all that good stuff.

I work as a volunteer on a dog website that has a very large follow. I deal with all our rescue auction and receive all our donations from members, as well as my normal activity. It's this involvement that led me to making pet pads. I donate quite a bit of to our website for fundraising for bulldog rescue facilities across the county. It's rewarding.

I also work have a full time cubical week day job, a wonderful supporting hubby and 4 wonderful dogs who keep me quite busy.

Oh I have one grown son. That's about it really. :)
0 Likes

Happy Sunday everyone. I'm Skye and am retired from the "real world" but I like to think of this as the real real world. I am an organic farmer and run a raw goat milk dairy. I make all types of eclectic jewelry and love it. Earl Gray, the handsome guy <<<<< in my avatar picture with me uses the profits from this shop to his benefit! We buy lots of tack and go on great vacations!

Thanks so much for the invitation and having fun reading all about you!
0 Likes

Hello to all of you.
I love knitting. I design patterns, and knit accessories. I have 2 web sites. One is on Ravelry where I market my knitting patterns, and Etsy where I mostly have finished products in my shop.
I wish you all much success this Valentine's Day
0 Likes

Hello all,

Thank you for inviting me. My name is Trae and I make perler bead sprites as a side job. I really enjoy making perler bead sprites whenever I can and I'm trying my best to what I can do to attract people to my shop. I am also and indie game developer as well. Please to meet you all!
0 Likes

HI all, I am Rustick Guy from SalvageDreams. I have been here for just over a year now and I have learned a lot in that time. I am an avid gardener and salvage/repurpose artist, which is why I started my shop, an outlet for my work. By researching what people were selling I realized that in my inventory of "raw material" I had collected, there was a market for some of that stuff. So I started listing some of it and things have been selling. I am excited to be here, thank you for the invitation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello :)

My name is Justyna, I'm from Warsaw, Poland, and have been here on Etsy for about 3 years now, but actively participated for half that time only :)))
I make various items out of yarn :-) and sell either on Etsy or at craft shows where I live.
Apart from that, I have an office job during the day and am a singer as well :). But I have restless hands...
Thanks for inviting me!
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Hi!

My name is Nikki and I specialize in knitting. I do dabble in barrette making and bags. I am slowly working on my sewing skills, but I have to find time for that! I work in accounting as my full time job, and knitting is so much easier to bring to work and finish up things here while I'm a lunch/breaks. I opened my shop in March of 2013 and I am slowly building up my shop. Hoping one day I can get to do this full time.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello to all the awesome talent here!

I am thoroughly enjoying being able to release my creative energy here on Etsy. I've been here for 15 months creating and making natural skin and hair care products. I may be biased but I firmly believe I have The best customers, which makes what I do truly satisfying. I get to help people have happy healthy skin. There's just something about me and ingredients, this coming from a girl who can only draw a silly looking cat. And yet when ingredients are in front of me I can write out a recipe in under two minutes and make it come to life with my mixer. I feel honored and blessed to have this talent.

Outside of Etsy I have two smart and talented adult children, a loving and supportive husband and a Very funny dog, BooBoo. We reside in a suburb of Phoenix and enjoy all the outdoor pursuits.

I appreciate the invite and am looking forward to learning, growing and passing along any tips I may have along the way.

Teresa :)
0 Likes

*waves from the new folks area* I'm Jana and I'm a craft-a-holic. :)

While that is true, I'm also a mama, a freelance writer and a geek. I recently quit working for my family's business so I could spend more time with my almost one year old little girl. I've been considering opening a shop for sometime, so figured this was a good time to put some efforts into the goal and see what I can do to help pay for family vacations and one day help the kids with college. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,

My name is Anna I am an artist and homesteader living in Wisconsin with my kids and lovely husband. I make a lot of my art from recycling vintage materials and also am a painter. I am mostly inspired by nature and family tradition.

Looking forward to meeting you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good evening everyone,

I'm Margaret. I love creating jewelry. However, this is all very new to me. I am interested in growing my business and helping others to promote their craft.

In the other part of my life I am a fundraiser for a charter school. Which is pretty fun too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to etsy, and learning my way around. I work full time, so card making is basically my hobby!

I have a six year old niece who helps me a lot (so she thinks ;)) -

One of my goals with etsy is to turn it profitable, so I can donate all proceeds to a social / community cause. (Self interest basically - I can continue crafting, and feel good about my profits helping others :))
0 Likes
ifanhour
Registered Buyer

Hi all,

I'm Michele and I make handmade bridal accessories and dresses. Thank you for inviting me and I hope to learn a lot!
0 Likes

Hi everyone!

I'm Stephanie and Etsy is my third job. I am an actress/singer in Chicago. I perform professionally in theatre, and sing with a band. I am also a private voice teacher.

Cross-stitch started as a hobby. Then I started selling on Etsy to make some extra "fun-money". Three years later and it's starting to pay my rent! I love it because I get to be my own boss and I finally quit bartending/serving as my extra job. (Not that there's anything wrong with those jobs, but as I said, being my own boss and making my own schedule has been great for me.)

I am starting to do craft fairs now and I want to keep expanding my Etsy business. Look forward to learning from everyone in this group!

S
0 Likes

Hi everyone, I'm Donutz. We sell vintage and a handmade mix. I am a doll artist and my partner and myself also manufacture ceramic lines. We've been selling on Etsy a little over a year now. We do this full time. Always coming up with new things to create.
0 Likes

Hi everyone

Thank you for inviting me to join the team. I am UK based and have been selling wedding accessories through my own websites for several years.

I got into jewelry making just a a hobby as I find it very relaxing, then as my stock pile grew I decided to try selling it, not easy with all the competition.

I hope to learn a lot from the team and be able to support others.

Buy for now xx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm a new crafter, and new to Etsy! I would like to learn how to grow my "hobby" into a lucrative business. Looking forward to all the help and advice I can get!
0 Likes

Hello from snowy Cinci! I have learned so much and enjoyed hearing ideas from everyone. Started in September and just love creating! Getting ready to make some new batches of soap for wedding favors.
0 Likes

Hi! I'm Jessi and I'm a potter here in east Tennessee. I've been a crafter and artist all of my adult life. In the last couple years, I began pursuing functional pottery more seriously and I opened my etsy shop in August of 2013. My long term goal is to create a business successful enough to support myself. I'm really looking forward to learning from you all and being a part of this team!
0 Likes

Hi! I have 2 Etsy shops and I'm always looking for help and advice. This shop is for my recycled crafts. My original shop has my jewelry.
playnwithbeads.etsy.com
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.