Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.

Re: New Members Introductions

Hello all! My name is Alyssa and my shop is Sweetpotatojack. It's named after my nickname for my son when he was a baby.

I sell vintage housewares and home decor. I've been selling on Etsy for just about two years and I truly love it. I'm looking for ways to grow it even more and figured with that I'll be entering the realm where I will have to treat it more like a business than hobby selling. I'm going to have to take it more seriously and am looking for ways to streamline and organize what I do and eventually pay attention to tax issues.

Looking forward to getting involved, learning and sharing.

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good morning, I am Jean of Gumdrop Banner Designs. I sell Etsy shop banners and Facebook covers and business cards to match. I love designing my banners and love selling on Etsy. Although my Etsy earnings put me in the 'hobby business' category, I spend many hours working on my shop, designs and customer service.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I am Janet of Cherish Simple Living. I have been open since last April (2013}. I have struggled with selling on Etsy, but have done fairly well at shows.

I make handcrafted jewelry of different styles (crochet, hemp, stone, wire wrapped), crocheted and knitted purses and bags, crocheted washcloths dishcloths, and swiffer duster heads. I am currently teaching myself to do stain glass work for necklace pendants and also jewelry boxes. In addition I am learning chainmail jewelry techniques.

This is my day job and anything I can learn to make it a success is greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi guys! I'm Thor (yes, that is my real name) and I'm a self-taught glass artist originally from a tiny island in Norway but now living in the vibrant city of Berlin, Germany.

I mainly make glass jewellery (pendants, earrings, rings etc) but have just started creating glass ear plug body jewellery. I also do some bigger glass art pieces for exhibitions but right now I'm focusing on turning my online shop into a full time business!

I'm fairly new to this whole Etsy thing but luckily I have a fabulous girlfriend who is teaching me the ins and outs of selling online. Nice to meet everyone! :)
0 Likes

Hello! My name is Catharine and I just left my day job to work on my Etsy business full-time. I make miniature scale props and food, as well as food jewelry from polymer clay. I am hoping to dive into large conventions this year.
0 Likes

Greetings! Suzanne of Smirking Goddess™ Studio here. I have two shops one: SmirkingGoddess featuring my homebrewed wit on magnet and pinback form the other SuzanneUrban featuring my art products which I'm currently gearing up to add work.

Thank you for the invite!
0 Likes

Hi....I am Carolyn and my Etsy shop is Moon Dance Studios. I sell Digital art, or Enhanced Photography whatever you want to call it. I have been here (on Etsy) a long time, but have only recently begun to sell (after I did a complete overhaul of my shop!). I love what I do and it really keeps me sane. I am retired and spend a lot of time creating or working on my shop.

Thank you for the Invite, this looks like a great and helpful team (so glad there are no promotion threads!)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you for inviting me to this team!

I am Wendy and I handmake and sell my beaded and beadweaving jewelry in my Etsy shop "foong", an one wowan operation. Working full time in my day job, I can only tend to my jewelry business during off work hours and lunch breaks which can be rather challenging as I still am figuring out SEO, improving photography etc. However I enjoy what I do, and love that beading is such a therapeutic process for me as I focus on combining each tiny bead with each needle stitch and silence all other sounds from my mind :)
0 Likes

Hi everyone! I am Alona and I make handmade jewelry. I have been a seller on Etsy for 3 years and just starting my 4th, hard to believe! There are always changes going on with Etsy and Google so staying on top of those changes especially SEO is vital to running this business.

I would be glad to help whenever I can and also I am constantly learning from others, new and old time sellers. The biggest thing I have learned running this business is that nothing stays the same for long, we have to adapt or go out of business!
0 Likes
AlpoArts
Registered Buyer

Hi Everyone,
I sell drawings and photography in my shop.
Look forward to seeing you around.
-Alan
0 Likes
RobbiezCreationz
Inspiration Seeker

Hi! My name is Robin. I am from Nebraska. I make hotpads, finger mitts, hair turbans and a few items for babies. Thank you for inviting me to the group!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HI everyone Im nicole from Highland Baby. I have only Baby Alpaca and Alpaca items, take alook if you like.
0 Likes

Hi everyone! I'm Evonne from Cuppa Stitches. I crochet and try to sell what I make. There's no theme to what I make as long as it's crocheted. A cuppa coffee and some yarn are all I need to make a cuppa stitches.
0 Likes

Hello all :D I'm Kelly, day to day runner and photographer for our store, Colourscape Studios. We sell not only photography but typography prints and digital illustrations. Thanks for the invite to the team!
0 Likes

Hello Team! Look forward to meeting more of you. I hand make beachy items and love what I do. Thank you for the invite to the team.
0 Likes

Hi! Thanks for having me. My name is Carol Lopez and I am hoping to do a full time business here on Etsy. I am an avid crocheter and knitter and I sell at farmers markets and craft shows here on the central coast of California. I have been doing this since 2002 but never full time. I am happy to join this team and hope I will get some helpful information!
0 Likes

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the invitation! I make handmade soap with Olive oil, honey and Goat Milk, great for sensitive skin. We've been doing business since 2000, primarily at area Farmers Markets, some wholesale and of course online! Looking forward to getting to know you guys! Happy selling!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone , my name is Taysser from " taleenshop " , I do a sugar craft (cake decoration , fondant, gum paste ) turn it to something fun that everybody can enjoy for birthdays , weddings , etc...
Thanks for inviting me :)
You all guys have an amazing shops .
Best
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good morning from icy Denver. Thanks for the invite : ) I am a creative sort that dabbles frequently, and I like the idea of being able to express my creative urges, and have a platform to sell the by-products. I just officially opened my store about 3 weeks ago, and I currently sell refurnished and upcycled furniture.
I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying the forums, and I love brainstorming with other sellers and offering ideas for products, branding, etc. I hope I can offer that to the team here as well!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello from Louisiana! I've always been crafty, but just opened my shop last fall. I sell baby quilts, blankets, dolls and soft toys. I plan to venture into pattern making, but haven't gotten there quite yet!

I was a photographer previously, but stopped because it was eating up all of my family time on the weekends!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Howdy from Nebraska. Thanks for the invite to the team. I opened my shop the middle of January. I had a sale 8 days into starting, I started with my soaps. I have been selling my crafts and cake decorating business since the age of 14. Now at 50 because I live in a rural area I am trying to sell online. I am working to understand the whole process., which is very challenging.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Thanks for the invite!

I love sewing and crafting and I can't seem to limit myself on making one particular item, as you can see in my shop.

I am learning something new everyday when it comes to operating a business and even though it is a lot of work, I really do enjoy it.

I have goals and dreams like everyone here and I am looking forward to seeing not only me but, those around me succeed too!

Thanks Again!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HI, thank you for the invitation! I design beaded jewelry and work full time as a database programmer.
I look forward to reading posts and hope I can offer something as well. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop is a bit bent.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello All! I'm Britney and I have a degree in fine art with an emphasis in oil painting. I LOVE art and love sewing! Right now I do not have the time I would like to, because something crazy came over me about a year ago telling me to go to nursing school! Lol I also truly enjoy taking care of people. Going to nursing school is one of the best decisions I have ever made, but its tough! And it is hard to keep up with doing this while in school. Not to mention, that my program is a 15 month BSN, so it's really fast too.

I am so excited to finally have my store up and running! Even though I can't spend as much time on it as I would like right now.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.