Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Members Introductions

Hello all :)
I'm Marie from Mainely Handcrafts and though I've been here for a few months now I'm still very much a 'newbie' at this kind of selling. Coming from a lineage of crafters, I've been crafting in various forms since toddlerhood but It was mom and grammy who put a hook in my hand and showed me the basics - so glad they did :)
My hope and goal is to really make a go of this business and I am finding it a constant adjusting process lol so any input is appreciated !
Nice to meet you all :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi I'm Cat and have a number of shops on Etsy but letting most of them expire and will mainly concentrate on this shop that sells handmade cat creations and MustHaveBeenTheDog that sells dog coats and accessories. I also have another new shop in mind .... so many ideas and so little time!

I collect all sorts of things ...mostly supplies for one craft or another for the projects I intend to make ... I also seem to collect shops!

I also run a team for Aussie buyers and sellers so if that is you come join us there as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Evening everyone! my name is Benny and my girlfriend is Shannon, we run a small perler shop on Etsy where we mainly help people with custom design perler art and also perlers that have been around for a long time.

We were hoping to make this into a full time job at some point but at the moment it's more of a hobby until i get my financials back together and move in with my lovely girlfriend.

Come on by and check out what we have to offer, if you ever need anything custom made don't hesitate to shoot us a message, also browsing alot of the shops in this group so many awesome things :D

P.S thanks for invite :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My name is Amelia, I run Khatovar's Etsy and Facebook pages. Thank you very much to whoever invited me.

When I am not making chainmail I work full time for vAuto's Genius Labs. I love my job, and love my craft.

Working in the business world has helped me significantly when it comes to marketing, and I love helping anyone who has questions, and learning from folks around me!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invite !!
I am Candy & I love vintage, so much so I have to downsize considerably. candyzown was created to rehome my treasures to someone that will love them as much as I do.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I was invited to join. :) Hope it will be a positive. :) I am a designer of small things or really big things. Inbetweens do not work for me. I design pins, pillows, patches, and interior sculptures/decorations ranging from small pot arrangements to big floral arrangements. However, I will mainly have the small stuff in my shop and occasionally big stuff. But more the reason why I have a shop is to share my style. :)

Wish you all well! :D Bye.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! Thanks for the invitation! My sister and I run this shop where we sell knit and crochet accessories. It's been one of the most fun and challenging experiences of my life to learn how to run a business. I honestly love it though and feel very blessed to be here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone. You can probably tell by my avatar, what I build and sell here on Etsy.

My name is Steve and I am passionate about dogs. I love cats as well but am incredibly allergic to little kitties so they do not hold such a place in my heart as a pup does.

I volunteer at a local rescue here in St. Louis and give as generously as I can to local shelters and rescues through out Missouri.

If I were a rich man I would own a hundred acres of land and take in all the strays and unwanted's I could and give them the life I believe they deserve.

I hope to be a productive member of this team as I am a business man as well and have owned numerous businesses over the last 20 years.

Live life and love.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Im jitka And I have an etsy shop with my daughter! I manage the shop and she is machine of the shop ;) Well She creates everything with her friend! This Is my second shop! I just reopened it Yesterday!
0 Likes

Greetings! And thanks for inviting me to the team! My name is Stacy, I'm 31 and live in a small town in Ohio. I handmade jewelry that tends to be on the bold and colorful side. I love doing it and am trying to make it a full time endeavor. I own and operate two shops here on etsy. Nice to meet you all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! Apart from being sick at home, here are my two words... I'm Kaisa, I'm 27 going on 28ish and I live in Estonia, where there's actual snow and it's cold. I make beadwork jewelry, geeky perler/Hama bead jewelry and crochet to clear my mind (baby blankets, crochet hook organizers). I own one shop here on Etsy and would love to go full-time in this year. I have my own legal business that deals with fraphic design and handcrafting here in Estonia.

Thanks for inviting me, I'm veyr honored to be part of this group! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello and thank you kindly for inviting me to the team. My name is Monika, I am 64 in a couple months, a retired long haul truck driver and I now have a very successful store on Etsy. My Patchwork Quilts have homes all over the world, And I love what I do.

I recently moved with my husband and fur baby to the Kootenay mountain region of British Columbia, and I am having a hard time to kick back into production mode, perhaps being part of a Business team will help me get busiy again.....

Thanks again for the invitation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Carrie and I joined etsy in May 2013. I'm striving to make my shop better each day and add new products. I currently offer customized subway art and burlap banners and have the dream of offering packages that include an entire mantel set-up. But I'm taking it one step at a time :)

Looking forward to being part of this team and learning better ways to run my shop.

Here's to building new friendships,
Carrie
0 Likes
KarenHeenan
Inspiration Seeker

My name is Karen and I have 2 Etsy shops - one selling vintage (cleaning out the last of my packrat relatives) and one for my handmade wares. I've sewn and done other crafts all my life but this past April took the plunge, quit my full time office job and decided to focus 100% on building my handmade business. I worked hard on my shop this year, did a load of craft shows and have a few pieces in local B&M stores, but I'm not there yet. I'll probably take a part-time job later in the spring, but I want to commit an entire year to getting this going. It's been an education on many levels, and I'm not done yet.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you for the invite!

My name's Tina, and I make bath, body, and home products in sunny and beautiful Southern California!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you so much for the invite.

I sell vintage collectables, both full sets of say, plate, thimbles or cups.
Some are 'high brow' items others are 70's items that you don't see any more.
As a collector its the thrill of the chase for me, in that I need to source the whole set, or a pair, once I have done that I sort of loose interest, and am happy to pack it up and let it go to it's new home.
My friends call me the Vintage Dating Agency........:)

I am 50 years old next month....(not at all sure how that crept up on me!!)
I am looking forward to being an active member of this group and will help as much as I possibly can.
0 Likes

Hi:

Thank you for the invitation. I appreciate any opportunity to learn.

My name is Theresa and my work consists mostly of wood working/burning. Although I venture off into different mediums from time to time I always come back to wood.

A great deal of my work is geared toward the Wiccan and Pagan communities but there's a little something for everyone.

Thanks again!
0 Likes
TracysDesigns
Conversation Maker

Hi, my name is Tracy and I'm the owner and creator of TracysDesigns1!

My grandmother and I starting making "movable" clowns and selling them when I was 12 years old. Her brother had owned his own retail business until he retired and still had a lot of connections, so he started "selling" them for us, and before we knew it we were sewing all the time just to keep up with orders. It was a lot of fun, but when that summer ended and I had to go back to school we finished the orders we already had and then pretty much stopped making them due to time restraints.

Ever since then I dreamed of having my own full time business one day. A few years ago that dream came true. The factory job I worked at downsized and I took the opportunity to try taking my love of sewing and crocheting and turn it into a full time business. It worked! I make 18 inch doll clothes and crocheted fashion hats! I love creating, and getting to work from home!! I'm living my dream!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone1
My name is Cheryl and I am from upstate NY, USA. In my shop, HarmonyGirlsClothing, I make handmade clothing for girls and toddlers (and little boys too). I particularly love doing custom orders as I get to connect with my buyers on a more personal level. I am a life-long sewer and lover of fabric.
0 Likes

My name is Shelley and I reside in Columbus, Ohio, however, I am a Texas girl through and through. I make Peter Pan inspired jewelry with a focus on repurposing antique thimbles into jewelry. This is my 3d Etsy venture and my most successful by far.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Melanie. I have 2 shops on Etsy. My other shop (tiptoethirty) makes pins, buttons, magnets, and interchangeable jewelry.
This shop (30 Something Design) I make art pendants and monogrammed jewelry- earrings, cufflinks and pendants.
0 Likes

Hello, and thank you for the invitation to join your team!
My name is Kelly and I primarily sell burlap banners in my shop. Currently,I do this on a part-time basis, but I would like to devote more time to growing my shop. I am new to online selling, I have no social network (and i'm not really sure I want one) and I have less computer skills than a 5 year old - my granddaughter will vouch for this! I am open to any and all suggestions you may have for me and I shall do my best to contribute in any way I can.
0 Likes
dganin
Post Crafter

Hello My name is Dmitry, I'm a designer and seller of the goods in the store ETSY. Working one year. I like to be in operation 24 hours a day, I love it.

0 Likes
LongDogLeather
Inspiration Seeker

Hello. We are Maureen and Sean and we make leather dog collars and accessories. We are coming up on our 10th anniversary (in business, 25 years married). We have only been on etsy for a year and a half and do the greater part of our sales at events.
Up until now we've specialized in martingale collars for retired racing greyhounds but we are on the verge of expanding to all breeds.

We both work full time and have a couple of teenagers to shuttle around so we aren't the quickest responders, but we have built up a nice following from our events. We try to always come up with something new to earn repeat business.

We have a ton more merchandise than we list on etsy. So far I've been using it as a clearance store for discontinued styles. I've been making more of an effort to list some current styles but it's very time consuming to take and edit all the pictures and do the listing. Not to mention that once I list something on etsy I remove it from my show stock permanently. I'd be interested to hear how other people balance inventory for online versus in person sales.
0 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Brenda and I have 2 shops here on Etsy - CrystlaFoxTreasures and SilverFoxDesigns6 (they appeal to different market sections).

I create jewellery and accessories (for home and person) and I also do readings - cards at the moment, but I will be adding runes and stones in the near future.

I have a full time job, but my boss is gearing up to retire and it seemed like a good time to start my own business and get it off the ground before I was out of work. I also do craft shows. I love it!!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.