Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Members Introductions

Hello! I like to make whatever catches my fancy. It mostly seems to be baby things. Since I am not going to have any more babies I needed an outlet for my fabric habit :)

I am a computer design analyst by day and a mother of two little girls. I hope to improve my shop and my items. And of course make some sales!

Thanks for letting me be apart of the team!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey! Thanks for the invite. I have had my shop on etsy for only a month or so now. I have always loved to work with wood and have dabbled with crafty welding since my dad and I built a cow trailer when I was a teanager. I love to take the old things I find around our farm and turn them into something special.
As mother of two girls, businesswoman, and cattle farmer, it may take a while for me to expand my shop's inventory. Please visit my shop and let me know what you think. Thank you from Alabama!
0 Likes

I'm a real newbie - just 4 days but am excited to make new friends and learn how to eventually quit my day job and devote myself to Inside The Beehive. BTW anyone who lives in the LA area is always welcome to stop on by and visit!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi. My name is Paula and I opened my shop a couple of months ago. I am from Somerset in the UK. I am really happy to team up with other people who are happy to support others.

I design and create things for the ladies; in my current range are handmade bags, jewellery, hair accessories and cards. I would love to make my shop a success so really look forward to swapping ideas with everyone.x
0 Likes

Hello, I am Sara and I have two shops here on Etsy

Button Lane - selling button and ribbon supplies
and
Sara Louise Textiles - selling handmade gifts

I have a bit of an addiction to buttons, I kept buying more than I could use so decided to open a button shop....perfect :)

I work part-time too but would love Etsy to be a full time job in the future x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all - and Happy New Year!

I have only been here a week, trying to discover the ins and outs of this new world.

I am a Buddhist priest, making wrist malas as fundraising for our monastery. I have a design background - textiles, materials, gardens and landscapes, and installation art - and I hope that Etsy in the long run can become a full-time job!

Looking forward to networking with you all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone. I just started on Etsy in Nov. 2013. But I have been crafting for 40 years. My focus currently is on stained glass items. And I would love to grow my business! And help others do so, as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone. Thank you for the invitation! My name is Jodi and my boyfriend Joe and I run three Etsy shops-Scubamouse Studios, Scubamouse Studios Jr, and Dodi Doodles. I look forward to sharing and gaining insight!
0 Likes

Hi, my name is Kerri Renken
Thank you for inviting me to join your team.
I paint wooden signs. I use a mix of stencils that I buy and some that I make myself. I try to also focus on the coloring behind the words.
I started actively selling last March and I'm very happy with how I did but we always want to do better, don't we.
I'm anxious to get to know the team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone-
My name is Heather and I have been working on my Etsy shop since April of 2013. I sell vintage and handmade home fashion items. Almost all of my handmade items are one of a kind. I am looking for advice on how to grow my shop, and what I can do to convert view into sales. Thanks in advance for any advice you have to give!
0 Likes
TamiLopezDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Hi! I am Tami and my Etsy shop, "Tami Lopez Designs," features my hand-crafted jewelry.

I have a daughter with special needs and my youngest is a senior in high school this year. I had always planned on going back out into the workforce once my youngest child graduated from high school. But the realities of what my special needs daughter will require daily have made me come to see that that may be really challenging with her.

I started this shop in 2011 as a serious hobby, but am finding it so fulfilling and perfect to work my schedule around my daughter that I am now working toward making my business solid.

I'm really glad to be invited into this team and am looking forward to learning a lot!
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Kati from New Zealand. I work fulltime at making and selling online, together with my sister Debbie who also has a shop on Etsy. We sell together through about 9 shops in 7 different online venues and we both support our families this way and have been for the past nearly 15 years now.

I make jewelry and religious beaded items such as rosary beads, prayer beads for many faiths, as well as recovery and 12 Step beads. My shop here started as jewelry & textile art, but I have recently decided to change it to more religious & spiritual products so it is in a state of change at the moment!
0 Likes

Hello everybody! I opened an Etsy shop on November, and I started crocheting as a hobby. I make 100% handmade dolls (body, hair, clothes...), everyone is different and has her own personality ;)
I work in a bank, so it is a way to disconnect from the daily stress. But I enjoy designing, creating, crocheting, so I don't know if it is the beginning of something new for me, as I really enjoy Etsy, creating...
;)
0 Likes

Hello everybody! I'm Denise and I run my shop with my best friend, Cathey. I have 2 other shops on Etsy (Simply Art For Fun and Simply Elegant PS). TreasureChestTwo is our shop with vintage products. I am looking to learn all I can about running these businesses full time. I know I have a long way to go before I can go full time but I do have a few months to invest full time!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone! I opened my shop on Etsy in October of 2013. So, I'm still pretty new! But, I've been running my business for about 10 years now. I started out as a candy wrapping business where I did personalized candy wraps for birthdays, weddings, reunions, business promotions, etc. It evolved when I discovered polymer clay and that I like to use it!!! :) I started sculpting evening gowns and tuxedos around wine glass stems and then I decorated ornaments. And now, when you visit my shop you will see, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sculpting Steampunk jewelry! I still do personalized candy wraps but my business has "forked" into different things since then! :)
0 Likes

Hi I make handmade goods for celebrations. Right now, that's mainly kids superhero capes. I make them personalized or simple and inexpensive for birthday party favors. I've added paper circle garlands and plan to add more in the near future. My table runners are selling well and I hope to add more home décor items in the near future also.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all! I make stained glass style art. I opened my shop in 2009, then closed it up for a while and opened back up in August of this year. I'm very happy to be painting again. I missed it. I love creating new designs. I've been very busy the last couple of weeks revamping my shop and making new pieces. I look forward
to reading everyones helpfull advise.
0 Likes

Hi all! I'm Andrea and I'm a metalsmith from North Carolina. I'm currently a law firm administrative assistant by day and jewelry designer by night (and weekends).

I've been making delicate shell jewelry for a few years now, meanwhile funding tool purchases with my profits. I'm really looking forward to finally expanding my collection this year - to include non-shell jewelry!

Anyway, thanks so much for the invitation. I look forward to being part of The Business of Doing Business team! :)
0 Likes

hi boys and girls...just joined today...I am retired..and get my kicks creating DIRTY NASTY AND TASTELESS items...lol...well some think so...happy healthy and prosperous new year to you all!
0 Likes

Hello everyone!! I'm fairly new to etsy but I'm more than determined to be successful at this. I have always dreamed of being a business owner and finally I have a chance at it!
0 Likes

Hello all! I'm Stephanie and I have a passion for painting. Paint the Day Designs has been incubating in my head for 6 years and now I've chosen Etsy to start up my business. I hope to see it go somewhere as a full time endeavor.
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Jamie. I make jewlery, primarily Bohemian style earrings, and recently keychains (wanted something for the male Etsy shoppers).
I also sell vintage jewelry.
Although I have made and sold my earrings for many years, I am new to selling them online... all suggestions and help is appreciated. I just reopened my Etsy store in mid-November, and working really hard to make it successful. I look forward to participating in this team.. thanks!!
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Julie, a bonafide senior citizen. I started selling items here from my company, Deer Run Soap Works, but quickly learned that vintage and handmade items from my former B&M shop fit in as well. I'd like to thank the team for extending an invitation my way - I'm sure it will be a fun ride.
0 Likes

Hi Everyone. Thank you for inviting me to join this Team. I am seeking to take my artisan collective business into new territory. I need to learn so much. I also have a lot I can share concerning growing your business. So I hope we can enjoy sharing and learning a lot from each other. Looking forward to being part of the Team,
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invitation!

I'm Doris and I design and print typographic and vector art prints that feature quotes that I love or connect with. On the side, I'm trying to put in some hours sketching and drawing and one day hope to get good enough at illustration that I can also include some hand drawn artwork in my collection here on Etsy.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.