star seller

I know my star seller response% is wrong. I downloaded the stats and times and the only ones NOT in the correct window were spam from Fiverr ppl trying to ask for business from me or wanting to set up my store and give password.  Please look it over and let me know.  it is NOT fair to penalize a new shop because ETSY lets people spam new stores. I surely thought the algorythm took that into account as I have fast response time. Please check into this and let me know as we cant contact anyone any other way. Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

Re: star seller

Did you mark those spam messages as spam, or did you just ignore them?

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

When reading messages and getting Spam that should go into the Spam folder, make sure you are reading on a browser not the app as I don't believe you can put items in the spam folder from the app.

1 Like

Re-read the rules about star seller message badge. You have to respond to every new incoming message (or mark it as spam). Etsy doesn't read messages to analyze the content. It's in your control.

Mark them as spam and they MIGHT drop off. 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

It's unfortunate that Sellers have to swat away spam Messages.  But for the S Seller Metrics, it does require all Messages to be Responded to or Marked As Spam. As FieseDeseiGns stated above, should you be using the App, I don't believe it has the ability to Mark as Spam (you would have to use a browser). Also, I believe the Buyer App lets you perform that function (I don't use apps, but from what others have posted).

I hope this is helpful to you.

ETA: You may receive a Message from a Seller whom you are friendly with ("How's it going?" for example). That still counts, as you are not the Initiator of the Message. So you must Respond or Mark it as Spam.

0 Likes

I am sorry this has happened but as a new seller there is a great deal to review.  One is the star seller criteria in the shop manager,  All NEW messages must be answered.  Answering means a reply or spam. 

0 Likes

@SelahbySelahDesigns: The Star Seller metric for messages is very simplistic and binary - either you replied to (or marked as SPAM) that first message of a new incoming thread within 24 hours or you did not.

"I surely thought the algorythm took that into account ..." You may want to reread the Star Seller rules so you are not surprised by something else. As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.