review reminders

I am a seller and recently purchased two items from different shops for my grandson's birthday. I was waiting for him to open them before I gave feedback and that little "you have something to do" bubble would not go away. I just had a buyer who purchased something from my shop back in Sept email and ask me to remove the reminder. I explained that sellers don't control that reminder. I wish Etsy would allow it to drop off after a few days. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
5 Replies

Re: review reminders

It’s hard to ignore and many sellers have gotten bad reviews because of it. Some have even said they are only leaving the reviews so they will stop getting harassed about. The seller gets a 1 star because they think the seller is the one harassing them. Etsy seldom takes the blame and removes it. 

0 Likes

I just tried to correct some typos and the edit button is gone. What showed was the same drop down for reporting a comment. Anyone else seeing this? 

0 Likes

It is super annoying.  I have 3 on my page only because I didn't want to review 4 of the same supplies.  I really wish they would work on these things instead of coming up with new bells and whistles that require their attention.  Fix things then start new ones.  The Etsy people need to really think these annoyances through.  They should allow customers to opt out.  I want to review the purchases that are meaningful.  It has the opposite effect when they persist in begging customers for reviews.

1 Like

Totally agree. I purchase a few times a year from other sellers. My experience recently was the first time. I get it. I'm a little weird about loose ends and reminders looming in my face, but if I don't want to do the job, Etsy shouldn't keep at me.

1 Like
PotteryUrns
Conversation Maker

Yes, it is worse than irritating the way Etsy keeps hounding you to leave a review when for some reason you don't want to. Sure some buyers leave less than 5 stars to get it to go away. I have one now I don't want to leave a review on and would leave only 3 or 4 stars to get it to go away if I weren't a seller also and realize how it can affect a shop. I don't really have anything bad to say about the shop, however don't have anything good to say about it and hate the fact they wouldn't let me leave 5 stars without saying something about each item I purchase on a multiple item order.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.