eartisnal
Inspiration Seeker

removal of my listings

Jump to solution

Etsy has removed some listings on the grounds that they are not handmade. The products I sell are made by Neon Light imported from China. Can you help me ? How can I post About this listing products without deleting them without having my store suspended for violating Etsy's posting policy?

thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: removal of my listings

Jump to solution

@eartisnal You've answered your own question. Go back and read what is allowed to be sold on etsy. 

View solution in original post

5 Likes

Jump to solution

@eartisnal 
https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/reselling
Examples of prohibited reselling include the following:
Creatively repackaging commercial items (for example, a gift basket consisting of non-handmade items)
Curating a collection of others’ handmade goods that you did not design or make
Selling items made or designed by another seller who is not part of your shop
Selling traditional handicrafts or fair trade items that you did not design or make

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If you designed the signs and are using a production partner to create them, you need to list the production partner. I don't see a production partner listed anywhere in your shop or the customized sign listing. If I was to purchase a custom sign from you I would assume that you are the one making it. Your shop location is Morocco but the listing says it ships from China, which you have confirmed in your post here.

If you do not design or make the items in your shop and you're just listing items you've bought wholesale in the handmade category, that's considered reselling and isn't allowed on Etsy. Amazon, ebay, Walmart, etc. are probably better venues for your listings.

1 Like
14 Replies
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

handmade means you.....not someone else....

5 Likes

Jump to solution

You are classifying your items as handmade - which is supposed to mean by you. Etsy is for handmade (by you, or designed by you and made with the help of a production partner), vintage, or craft supplies.

You do not list production partners for your lights - are these your designs? If not, they can't be sold here.

1 Like

Jump to solution

My store is having this issue too. I'm a supply store, the AI system is out of control. Why deactivate a custom listing?!?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LylaSupplies, it's best to start your own thread so we can look at your shop/listing.  Many won't see your post here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ForeverWindingWool 

I did but haven't received any responses

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LylaSupplies I thought PillowDetails gave you a good suggestion.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ForeverWindingWool

I've just read their response. It seems to be a one of a kind situation. I have sent an email via support but I will be checking out the chat feature too. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@eartisnal You've answered your own question. Go back and read what is allowed to be sold on etsy. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

So you're asking us to suggest how you can get round Etsy's rules and continue to sell something that's not allowed?

5 Likes

Jump to solution

It looks to me as you're a reseller. Buying items made elsewhere and presenting them for sale yourself.

that's not what Etsy is about. You can do that on every other platform on the planet.

not here. Unless the item is a supply (like beads) designed to make something else.

so, I'd suggest you remove these items, and only list items you make yourself. If that is zero, then I'd suggest moving to a different platform.

If Etsy closes your shop, you'll never have another one. Food for thought.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@eartisnal 
https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/reselling
Examples of prohibited reselling include the following:
Creatively repackaging commercial items (for example, a gift basket consisting of non-handmade items)
Curating a collection of others’ handmade goods that you did not design or make
Selling items made or designed by another seller who is not part of your shop
Selling traditional handicrafts or fair trade items that you did not design or make

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello!!  McFly!!!  Is anybody in there??!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

You the shop owner is the one that is suppose to make your items to sell. Reselling is not allowed here and your shop could get shut down. Remove all of your listings that are made by someone else and go by the rules here.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you designed the signs and are using a production partner to create them, you need to list the production partner. I don't see a production partner listed anywhere in your shop or the customized sign listing. If I was to purchase a custom sign from you I would assume that you are the one making it. Your shop location is Morocco but the listing says it ships from China, which you have confirmed in your post here.

If you do not design or make the items in your shop and you're just listing items you've bought wholesale in the handmade category, that's considered reselling and isn't allowed on Etsy. Amazon, ebay, Walmart, etc. are probably better venues for your listings.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.