is it possible for a competitor click on my listings to increase my PPC daily limit?

Jump to solution

is it possible for a competitor click on my listings to increase my PPC daily limit?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: is it possible for a competitor click on my listings to increase my PPC daily limit?

Jump to solution

I have read in the forum that, yes it is possible.  I have also read in the forum that there is something in place to prevent that.

My advice would be to contact Etsy and ask.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
17 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: is it possible for a competitor click on my listings to increase my PPC daily limit?

Jump to solution

Anyone can click on your Etsy ads.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

what i mean is can u click anc click and click and use up the competitors daily limit so their ads dont show up?? i think this ihappening to me thats why im asking 

hows this possible

0 Likes

Jump to solution

not sure why trhe rest of the text didnt show up but what i meant was s it possible for a competitor to click on my listings and use up ,my daily PPC limit 

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

See the response from @NanaLetha above.

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I believe it's possible and I also believe there was a previous thread about a voliation of those who did that. Can't remember what it was called. I believe that Etsy keeps track of that and those who do that will be eventually caught and penalized. 

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have read in the forum that, yes it is possible.  I have also read in the forum that there is something in place to prevent that.

My advice would be to contact Etsy and ask.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It's called click fraud and it's discussed (or was) in Our House Rules.

1 Like
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I searched for "fake ad clicks" and some recommended to contact support and they could look into it to see if what you believe may be happening is actually happening. In the mean time, I would turn off the ads until you get a reply from Etst help. Best of luck.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I didn't think you could totally turn OFF the ads.  Isn't there a minimum that you have to have, like $1??

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@WillowRidgeQuilts 

Yes, you can turn them off. Go to your Shop manager, Etsy Ads, and there should be a button you click to turn them off. If you make over 10k in a calendar year, you are already force to pay for ads. My thought, is if I'm  already paying for Etsy to advertise for me because I passed the threshold, will think very long and hard to pay extra for more ads. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@WillowRidgeQuilts You can completely turn off Etsy ads. The ones that are sometimes forced, depending on your sales, are the offsite ads. But those are only charged for if someone buys something - clicks don't count. 

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ExtremeCreation, for the $10,000 ads it's not in a calendar year. The offsite advertising fee depends on the revenue you’ve made on Etsy in the past 365 days.

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

A friend of mine noticed her ads were all being clicked on in rapid succession at the same time every morning.  She check Google Analytics, and they showed all the clicks coming from the same city/location.  She suspected click fraud.  She contacted Etsy, they credited her account, and the issue stopped.  She had no idea who did it, but it was handled pretty quickly.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

How do you check which country the clicks came from in those Etsy ads through Google analytics? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@OrganikCraftDesigns   if someone is clicking on your ad consistently in an effort to drain then you can report them.  It's called click fraud.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SweetInviteStudio 

If you have a question, start a new thread. Do not resurrect a thread that's two years old. The moderator is likely to shut down this whole thread and nobody will be able to post new replies because we are not supposed to revive old threads like this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@OrganikCraftDesigns You will find the answer to this in Seller policies. Unfortunately, it does not address what they have in place, if anything, to protect sellers from this practice. 

"Interference

Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Etsy. Examples of interference include:

1. Contacting another member via Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
  2. Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
  3. Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
  4. Maliciously clicking on a competitor's ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
  5. Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently."
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.