beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

billing error

i can’t add a new default billing card for my shop. every time i try to add a card it says “there was an error processing your request.” all my information is correct and follows my account. i had an old card on there before but it expired a long time ago so i removed it and now it won’t allow me to add a new one. yet it allowed me to connect my bank account for payments. 

very stressed because i can’t receive my sales until i have a billing card connected. 

edit:

i have contacted support multiple times and they’ve told me its an issue on my cards end called my bank and they said no communication has come through from etsy. i have reached out multiple times throughout the last ten days and they do not respond. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: billing error

Please straighten up your avatar.  As is, is very unprofessional and leads me to believe you might be a little careless with the quality of your finished  products.  Buyers want to have complete confidence before buying.  Just saying................

2 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

this doesn’t seem to be the resolution to my questions or an issue to my customers but thank you for your input

3 Likes
KeithsClosetTO
Inspiration Seeker

You literally have dogs in your profile photo. What a pathetic thing to say to someone.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

i had an old card on there before but it expired a long time ago so i removed it and now it won’t allow me to add a new one. 

You need to have a default card in place at all times.  By deleting the old card, you no longer do.  You need to add the old one back, (the system should recognise it as the default) then add the new one in as a secondary card.  Once you have the new one there, THEN delete the old card.  The secondary card will then become the default card.

3 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

i talked to etsy support and they said no matter what i should be able to add a new card even if there is no card there. either way i dont know if this is true or your information is true because i do not have that old card considering it has been three years since ive had possession of it. 

0 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

hey. so i got my card onto my billing method. how do i know its set as default? you seem to have some sort of grasp on what it looks like

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Does your bank card have the Visa/MasterCard logo? Some bank (debit) cards are only for use at an ATM, etc. A card like that, without the logos is unlikely to work.

I'm also not sure if a pre-paid card is sufficient to satisfy Etsy in case that may be what you are trying but since you said bank, I'd lean towards your bank card not being a true debit/credit card.

I've never had to have my card billed but it did expire once and I had to update in order to get my weekly funds. It was seamless and I had no troubles adding my business Amex card.

I hope you are able to get things ironed out quickly!

0 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

it is a true bank card. i think they just have a bug in the system and i cant add a card. either way etsy support has been of no help

0 Likes

@beadedbyhalli 

Try this -- go to your Dashboard > Finances > Payment Settings > Billing > +Add a new card

If you deleted the old card while on You > Account Settings > CC, hopefully the old card is still on the Billing page and you can edit or add the new one.

0 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

the card was deleted off payment settings. 

0 Likes

@beadedbyhalli You cannot add the new card at all?  Once added you come back to make it the default.  You don't see the Add a new card in the banking account area (Billing) of the shop payment account?

Is this card a debit card with a logo or a credit card?  It cannot be a prepaid card as there must also be a debit/credit card as well. 

Using the app?  Use a browser.

0 Likes
beadedbyhalli
Inspiration Seeker

I have tried everything. my visa debit card, my mastercard, different web browsers, phone browser, computer browser, it always says there was an error processing your request. i can see the add a new card button in my payment settings but it never process' the new card.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.