Wtf. I put my shop into vacation mode 12 weeks ago. Etsy decided to turn off vac. mode after 6 weeks

I closed up shop and permanently put it into vacation mode 12 weeks ago. I checked and verified that it was in vacation mode. 

I just got an email today asking where a package is. I opened the sell on Etsy app and saw that I had 17 orders (12 overdue) and a ton of unread messages.... None of which I received any notifications about. 

I checked and saw that Etsy started to accept orders again 6 weeks after I closed up shop and have received 17 orders since then. 

Why tf did Etsy decide to take my shop out of vacation mode after 6 weeks?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Re: Wtf. I put my shop into vacation mode 12 weeks ago. Etsy decided to turn off vac. mode after 6 w

Wow, you will have to contact Etsy directly to find that out.  That is crazy.  People are begging for sales and to be taken off of vacation mode.  And you are not trying to get sales and get them.  Etsy is sometimes a strange place.  

1 Like

Re: Wtf. I put my shop into vacation mode 12 weeks ago. Etsy decided to turn off vac. mode after 6 w

Oh wow, I hope Etsy can shed some light on what happened.

0 Likes
obgoestomarket
Conversation Maker

You need to contact Etsy directly. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

You need to check your security in case you've been hacked. Check your email address and bank details. Did you receive any deposits in that time?

https://www.etsy.com/your/account/security

3 Likes

Exactly. 

There are many reports of people being hacked and the banking details changed.

This would mean the hackers get the money and the original shop owner is on the hook for it.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654008-What-to-Do-if-You-Suspect-Fraud-in-Your-Etsy-Ac...

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Your shop is in vacation mode 

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

We are able set specific lengths for long term vacation mode?  I thought you just set it to vacation mode and reset it when you wanted to be open again.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@anythinggoeshere no, you just turn it on or off. There's no scheduling.

1 Like
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

@Amaradorn I am asking a question, not making a statement.

1 Like

This doesn't make sense.  I hope you figure it out!

0 Likes

What does your Payment Account look like?  You still would have gotten emails for transactions and transfers.

It sounds like your account was hacked.  Check your account profile to see if the email was changed, and your payment settings, to see if your bank was changed. Please come back and let us know what you find out.

0 Likes

It does sound like there may have been an attempted hacking.  Check your bank account and credit card.  You should have gotten funds for the sales.  It may be a huge prank by someone who knows your password.

The other is a Etsy glitch.  I've not heard of this happening before so I would think that a power outage or search or cascade effect from something Etsy was doing accidentally opened your account.  I doubt Etsy would do it deliberately.

Contact Etsy to find out.

It's one reason to have the messages forwarded to your email so you know if something has gone amiss.  I use the emailed messages as a backup when I am away from my shop for an extended period.     

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

What were the sales that you got for? There is a company currently appropriating closed Etsy shops that sells wreaths.

1 Like

Yes, I have to deactivate all my items to avoid the same on my vacations. It really worked for me.

0 Likes
Spellbinderie
Conversation Maker

Very likely you were hacked since Etsy doesn't bother going around opening up shops that are in vacation mode.
Check your bank details.

1 Like

It's showing as on vacation now. 

0 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

Could be a glitch.  I deactivated certain made to order items so I could catch up only to find one had reactivated all by itself, and it wasn't a renewal.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.