HomeZenteredAU
Inspiration Seeker

Why Etsy admins are not responding to ours reports regarding glitch/ black boxes/ shops not working?

How can we know if Etsy is working to fix the issue of so many shops affected by the same problem, and so many reporting sales going down?

Many of us reported on this forum having black, white and grey boxes instead of pictures in thumbnails, glitches, and zoom in or out.

Some of my friends can't even find my shop on the Etsy app, and people sent me screenshots, and screen records (I ask people o my social media so I have info from a few different states and devices in Australia) with black boxes of my products. When I open my shop on my Etsy buyers app the layout is shortened so I can't see anything. Every weekend I had way more sales, favourited items etc. I had a good time on Etsy despite my shop is not even a one-year-old, until now. Is it time to find a more reliable platform, are they taking us seriously? I'm seriously upset Etsy cannot fix this for so long.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
23 Likes
21 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Why Etsy admins are not responding to ours reports regarding glitch/ black boxes/ shops not work

@HomeZenteredAU   I'm really sorry for everyone having this problem.  There have been an increasing number of Sellers reporting it.   No Announcement in Tech. Issues.  A Seller in another Thread said they were told by Etsy that it is most likely a "user" problem.  Looking at the the number of Sellers posting about it, I really don't think so (my opinion).   I viewed items in some Seller's Shops; did not find this problem (photos looked nice).  But that doesn't matter; I'm using the same device/browser as always (desktop computer, Chrome, etc.). 

Potential Buyers are on a multitude of devices & browsers.  And we know everyone doesn't experience the same thing.  In a Thread, the OP and others posted about seeing a (possible) test; one in which hovering over the thumbnail shows "Find similar items" (can't remember exact wording); embedded right into the photo.  Again I did not see this test, but we know tests are User Based; we don't all see the same thing at the same time.  I just find it kind of odd an increasing number of people are reporting the black boxes glitch as well as suddenly viewing "Find similar items" from within the thumbnail photo.

Then you have the label glitches some are still having.  Too many issues simultaneously.  That's why I can't believe this black box photo issue is a "user problem".

8 Likes

Re: Why Etsy admins are not responding to ours reports regarding glitch/ black boxes/ shops not work

How many of you having this problem also sell on other online venues that don't have this problem?  Or on other venues that do have this problem?  Questions is, is it only showing up on Etsy?  

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@EccentricHandbags It's definitely an Etsy technical problem.

7 Likes

I have my own new shop on  Freewebstore's and have none of this Malarkey, if there is any problems the tech guys are on it in flash and it gets sorted with an apology from admin.  

Still have a shop here but let all my listings end. Don't think I will be relisting anytime soon or in the future. Hope everyone involved gets sorted, is Etsy on it's last legs, only time will tell.

1 Like
BazzysHouse
Conversation Maker

Only here. And the other market places items are selling daily. 

0 Likes

I am having this problem too! I don't know how to fix it! It seems to look fine on the website, but not the apps. I am so confused. 

2 Likes

I THINK it seems to be a combination of photo file size, the thumbnail tool and the app. Which is on ETSY as if the photo size has never been an issue it suddenly should not be one NOW or if it is due to some changes, there should be an announcement when you list. BUT I am also seeing it (black boxes) on my packing slips! I had both black boxes and super zoomed items. When I deleted the photo and used a smaller one first it worked.

1 Like
shipwreckdandy
Inspiration Seeker

Do you think the photo file size has to do with the photos being too large or too small?

0 Likes

Too large

0 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

Contact Etsy support and provide them with your screenshots. I did that two days ago and they said they would look into the issue. We have to report these issues to Etsy via contacting support. Etsy doesn’t read all of the forums. I hope it gets fixed soon. My listing photos have been screwed up for 2 months now.

4 Likes
mailordervintage
Conversation Maker

Yes, also black boxes...sometimes its the 2nd or 4th photo in my listing...had that already last week...its one of these things that I think will definitely be fixed...my main photos so far are not affected.

1 Like
URockItJewels
Inspiration Seeker

I also have the black boxes showing up.  Mine is the thumbnail of a renewed item that someone favorited.

0 Likes

I'm having this problem too.  It's only been the last few days.  Black thumbnails or way zoomed in pics.  Now I'm seeing a gray box as well. 

1 Like

I'm having this problem too.  It's been since last week.  Black thumbnails or way zoomed in pics.  Now I'm seeing a gray box as well. Sales plummeted. This is our income Etsy. We can not tell those we pay our bills to... oh, give me a pass this month... it's Etsy. 

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

"Search indexing" appears to be the only site wide issue that they have fixed today a couple hours ago.

As far as the black photo boxes some seem to be having I had a black box photo (on chrome) in one ORDER this morning and then I checked later and the black box photo was replaced with the original photo. 

0 Likes

Same issue in my shop, the black box glitch printing on my order slips.  Happening since last week.  Additionally, I had to refund an order because, after four attempts since 2/14, I couldn't get in touch with the customer, through Etsy and personal e-mail, to find out what was to go on her personalized item.  Etsy printed the personalization as "undefined."  Doubt someone has named their pet "undefined."  

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

You can request a call back from Etsy staff.  For call backs on the weekdays you can go through Shop Manager>Community & Help>Contact Us>Selling on Etsy>(select appropriate dropdown)> I Still Need Help>... Call backs are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. eastern time in English.

0 Likes
C20Ceramics
Conversation Maker

Hey Etsy,  are you going to refund sellers their fees in proportion to the number of black boxes users (both sellers and buyers) are experiencing??? 

1 Like
Aongucnutheu
Inspiration Seeker

Really? I haven't encountered these issues, luckily. Hopefully, everyone will have the bugs fixed soon.

0 Likes

Just searched on your shop name by searching for the shop by its exact name.  Found it. Melbourne. A couple of listings for unframed wall art are just blank although when I click on them the listing comes up all right.

0 Likes

Been happening for several days for about 7 of my listings. They are super zoomed all of a sudden. Can’t tell what the item is. They are  not new listings. Weren’t that way before. Not a sizing issue. It’s only like that on the Etsy mobile app. Not if I go in through a laptop or MacBook. Not on the Etsy sell app either. Just the regular Etsy app. And it’s not just me who sees it. I’ve had other people that are not sellers, go look at my shop on the Etsy mobile app from their devices and they can see it too. Nothing I’ve done has worked to fix it. Always the same listings. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.