Where is the description for item details?

I have had 3 customers today and 5 yesterday email me about item details as they cannot find the description. Of course I answered their questions. What is going on? 2 were not happy about this at all saying we were withholding information. I can see this causing a loss in sales.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Where is the description for item details?

@JCMSGifts: A quick search of this forum would show you many many threads about this issue including https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Item-descriptions-missing-from-listing-on-buyer-side/...

2 Likes

Thank you. I should of looked first. I did see that after I posted. 

0 Likes

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I'm sorry about that. I just came from a post where another Seller was asked the same thing by 3 Buyers today.  I'm not in this user-based test today (Description is on the Right), but you know others are in it.  And I'm thinking about the Buyer/s who won't ask the Seller where the H the Description is.  Rather, they will go elsewhere.

1 Like

I agree 100%

1 Like

I'm not surprised that some shoppers are going to blame the sellers for ETSY putting the description at the bottom of the page.

I hope you told them that if they have a complaint with the page layout, then they need to contact Etsy and that sellers have no control over where Etsy puts things on the listing page.

ETA: I'm not in this insane test and I see your descriptions to the right where they've been for a while.

1 Like

Thank you. Good to know. I wonder if it is certain browsers.  Hope they revert back to the old way

0 Likes
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

Well, fiddle.  I was looking at another shop's listings, and saw the description on the left side (I'm in the current description test), JUST UNDER THE LISTING PHOTO!!  

It was Brilliant!!  Until, I looked back at my shop and realized that I was seeing a shop that had no sales, no reviews, and no buyer photos.  So, that's the way to get your description to rise to the top.

This getting jerked around is getting exhausting.

4 Likes
DOCandDuffy
Inspiration Seeker

My Shop's listing descriptions etc. show on my mobile but not on my desktop / laptop. I noticed the problem a few days ago.

0 Likes

I think Etsy has too many IT kids working for them.  They're looking for stuff to do so they'll get paid, and can't leave things alone. 

I'm getting ready to move.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.