Former_Member
Not applicable

What is the correlation between words and SEO when selling adult content?

Hello, because I produce leather fantasy products for adults, naturally some words such as "bdsm" "submissive" are included in adult content. Does this put me at a disadvantage in SEO? Does it lead to restrictions on viewing? Would I be more advantageous in terms of SEO if I list my products without using words that are not adult content? Or do I get worse for not using the words that should be used? Thank you.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Re: What is the correlation between words and SEO when selling adult content?

SEO is Search Engine Optimisation -- how to title & tag your items to be found in search

If you want to be found by buyers searching for BDSM items then you need to have that phrase in your title and / or tags. Without it, buyers will not find you

So yes, you need all the relevant words / phrases.

2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, but does etsy SEO have a negative view of these words? If so, it will affect my viewing negatively, right? Now I understand that I have to use it, but based on the option "if I were selling something that wouldn't require the use of these words", I deduce that I'm at a disadvantage relative to a wallet seller anyway.

0 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Etsy SEO has neither negative nor positive views in general

If you are selling a BDSM item you need BDSM in your title /tags or else you won't be found in search

You need to think like a buyer -- what phrases would a buyer use to search for one of your items?
If they would search "BDSM gear" then you need that phrase
If they would search "red leather" then you need that phrase

If you do not use phrases that buyers would use in search, then you will not be found in search and so are wasting your time and money being on Etsy

What phrases wallet sellers use in their titles & tags is irrelevant to you as a BDSM seller unless you are selling a wallet aimed at BDSM fans.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

I understand that despite Google's child protection algorithm, I have to use the required words. Thank you

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.