What do you find annoying on the App?

Hi

MyTop 3

Unable to mark messages as spam.

Unable to use template answers for generic requests for info and save time.

Unable to mark shop as closed for the weekend.

All of these were possible on the old app and are possible on the browser version

What are your issues?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
19 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: What do you find annoying on the App?

None because I don't use it. But you're absolutely right; it doesn't have the "From Etsy" Folder (for Messages indicating they are LEGIT from Etsy Support/Staff, etc.). It also doesn't have the capability to let you Mark Messages as Spam (therefore dinging you for Star Seller, should you not perform this task on a browser or the Buyer App).

Listing wise (according to others), it has less functionality than the previous Seller App. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why develop and unleash something which is inferior than what you had, just to say Oh boy, we have a brand new App (rhetorical question). I can never understand why waste time with something which is not better, has greater functionality than what was eliminated.

2 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

it is unreliable. period.

4 Likes

I hate not being able to see if I have an order without switching to each account to check.  There used to be an orange number that showed me if I needed to do something in that shop.  

0 Likes

Not being able to use it.     

I didn't see anything wrong with the old one and used it daily.

3 Likes

I also wish you could see ALL listings at one time - I want to see active, sold out, expired.. all at once I don't want to have to click each type to see a listing.  

3 Likes

yes, that is one of my pet hates too.

0 Likes

There was nothing wrong with the old one it worked better, this one does not deserve the space on my phone so it was deleted.

5 Likes

I'm the same as @ChillwolfArt .  I don't find it annoying because I don't use it.  Once I realized it had problems, it became an irrelevant tool as (like the rest of us) I try and avoid anything that will unnecessarily cause issues.  I do use it for notifications of conversations or sales.  It's kinda like an alarm notification device for me which is helpful.  

2 Likes

1) It says Edit Shop, sometimes for just a split second at the top of my shop page. But of course, you need a computer, it will say so.

2) You can’t rearrange items.

3) Orders are hard to view. But I learned if you go to Activity, you can see what transpired. At least.

4) Photos can’t be rearranged, far as I can tell. And they’re slow loading, black squares only.

5) Actually, I don’t see the point in arranging your items. When I sent my daughter the link to opine something, the order was all jumbled, I guess most recently listed first. 

6) Doing the thumbnail just so on your computer isn’t evident all the time. Different ways of viewing something on the app show the item further away or up closer than you intended.

7) I don’t believe the stats. Activity doesn’t always convey things. I’ve seen favorites given to my items that only show on my laptop.

0 Likes

you can rearrange photos by going to the 'view all' option whilst in edit photo mode, with the photos in a grid then select the option above the grid to rearrange by drag and drop.

1 Like

Good to know, gonna try it now. Thank you, LeLightFantastique!

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

I use it very little, just enough to check activity and sales, but I do find it a small annoyance that after I click on the app there is an extra page to Open Etsy Seller.  Of course, that's what I'm here for. This is the only app I know of that has an extra page to open.  That is so typical etsy that everything they "improve" involves more clicks.  and that current thing about Save and Share will not go away no matter how many times I x it out.  Why can't they put a not removable message about scammers?

0 Likes

I find it pretty poor and cumbersome and what annoys me is not being able to see at a glance how many active listings I have so I can quickly see how many have expired.

0 Likes

It doesn’t seem to link/synch with the .com very well. Messages answered on the dot com still show up as open (number 1 or 2 depending on how many messages I receive) on the app both on my IPhone and on my iPad. Each app has to be manually refreshed. Same goes for completed orders/shipping. I only use it for the cha-ching notification. It’s a PITA. And the app is scammer heaven…another reason not to use it.

0 Likes

I tried it and found it so completely useless that I've banished it forever from my life.  

Companies push users to download apps because companies can gather so much more personal and usage information from app users than they can from browser users (they reap a lot of info about your device, location, among other things).  Companies then share (i.e. sell) this data with other companies, which app users have all agreed to simply by using the app.  I refuse to be any more of a commodity for Etsy than I already am, especially to use an app which is simply terrible.

0 Likes

I don't even understand the point of having an app, other than to raid you of your information, and I'm not about to do that just for a free cheeseburger. I can access my whole shop and forums on my phone just like on my PC. I don't see the appeal, especially if it's so glitchy.

1 Like

I do the same come in through the official site and then change the settings to desktop.

0 Likes

Sending a message to a customer on the app and before sending it you realize you made a spelling mistake earlier on. It is nearly impossible to go back to that spot and fix the spelling mistake with out losing the rest of your message you just typed.

1 Like

I take orders internationally and sometimes with some countries etsy informs me about the tax details. What should I write on the packages etc. But I can't see those on my phone. So I have to check first from my PC

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.