I just got a cha ching on my iphone but there's no new order. In this, my vintage shop I have no orders open, in my wedding shop I had 2 orders earlier today but I heard those cha-chings already & those were hours ago. I saw the etsy notice pop up on my iPhone, swiped it and it brought me to my wedding shop but there's only the earlier orders, nothing new. 

Is this a notification glitch? Anyone else experience this?

Or is there an order floating about in Etsy cyberspace and I'm going to have an angry customer because I don't see their order?

AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Re: Weird, I just got a cha ching but there's no order!

I got one about the same time you did and the order went through on Monday at 5:30 pm!  I hadn't had problems with this for at least a few weeks but never have I had a delay that long.  It's annoying.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

That also happened to me. I got 3 notifications for the same order. It was already mailed and, on its way, when I received the last notification.

0 Likes

My Notifications have been messed up all week. Getting duplicate order notifications days later, messages are being sent numerous times even though I've already responded to the message. I've never experienced a delay or repeat notifications like I have this week. I know they have made a lot of changes to the app recently so they may need to fix some bugs. 

0 Likes

This is the one reason I turned the Ker-ching off! 

0 Likes

I got a cha-ching during dinner yesterday but no order. I checked email for an order confirmation and there was none. I checked completed orders in case it was an instant download but nope. A few hours later I got another cha-ching with an order attached, and I also woke up to a sale this morning that came around 2:00 am.  I did get an order with the cha-ching earlier in the day yesterday while at work, so I was really confused about the phantom dinner time cha-ching. It appears that one was a random glitch. Sometimes the cha-ching is delayed but I’ve never had it not connected to any order at all.  

3 Likes

This is what is happening with my store all day today.

2 Likes

Hi there, I just noticed you have 2 posts about the app update on your iphone. The late cha-ching is probably from a previous order. If my battery runs out, as soon as I charge it, it makes cha-chings from ages before.  I can't help but think this is a result of the updated app... Have you tried turning your phone off and on again? 

1 Like

I have experienced cha-ching issues because I have both seller apps installed. Often I get double cha-chings immediately upon a sale; but sometimes I get the one, then hours later another, only to discover no new sale. Love those double delightful sounds though...gonna miss 'em in 2023!

1 Like
SmallFishYarns
Inspiration Seeker

Is the Cha Ching sound being taken away? 

0 Likes

Just had the app notify me of an order nearly a day and half after it was placed (and shipped this morning). Was annoying because I missed it on the day and so sent it 1st class today, costing me more.

3 Likes
Rozemake
Crafty Poster

If you have the "Sell on Etsy" and the "Etsy Seller" apps on your phone  you will get two cha-chings per order. They usually go off right after each other, but I've seen instances where the Etsy Seller app took hours before it went off.  Just another possibility. 

2 Likes
Rozemake
Crafty Poster

Just to add...that cha-ching scares the crap out of me sometimes lol

6 Likes
SoulStarChakras
Conversation Maker

I've just looked at one of my dashboards and it said I had 4 new orders. But no orders were showing on the orders page. And now the dashboard is back to showing 0 orders. Some glitchy stuff happening lately on here.

3 Likes

I was working with a customer who had questions, and she purchased the item.  At the top of my dashboard it shows 1 sale and the dollar amount, but below it says there are no current sales.  Hopefully it will be added because without the listing I can't process!!

The item even appears in my sales file when you click on the number of sales I've had.

0 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

Lately? I’d say glitches are pretty consistent here.  :- )

2 Likes

Sorry, you can see the sale on the dashboard, but when you go to the orders, it isn't showing there.

0 Likes

I've been hearing Cha-Ching's all day, however when I check the notifications the order disappears, the order doesn't appear in my email, or order page. The dashboard and stats show 0 sales for the day.  There is no phone number to contact Etsy and I see no notification of any technical issues. 

1 Like

The only time I have been able to get in touch with Etsy is when I contact them as if I'm a buyer and then I am able to tell them I am a seller who needs assistance and they are always helpful. 

0 Likes

Same thing happened to me! I just got a chaching for an order I shipped yesterday! 

1 Like

Hi, same thing here, I also started a thread earlier! Today I have had two kaching sounds for sales I made two and three days ago, all very weird...

1 Like

I had the wonderful ca-ching sound yesterday on my phone app but no order when I looked on the app and desktop  

1 Like
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Perhaps related to this.  I received a notification 3 hours ago for a message sent, which I responded to, 2 days ago!  I don't think it's my phone as I had received notification of messages since then that arrived in a timely manner.

1 Like

@AmoreTreasure    This issue (and many others) all seem to be related to how and when the Etsy Apps synchronize or don't - that is why it sometimes works to log out and then log back in or delete and reinstall the app. These actions appear to force the app to get fresh data.

1 Like

My husband said he had an order this morning via the app..saw the order and what it was for, came home from work..no order. POOF. I told him maybe it didn't pass processing?

0 Likes
Soapsmith
Conversation Maker

I have the same issue.  Late notices about new orders and new messages, too.  These notifications are for orders and messages that have already been shipped and/or answered.    I don't depend on the notifications and check my shop manually several times a day but this notification delay is something new for me that has been happening for over a week now.   I just got a notification about a new message that came two days ago and was answered within minutes.  I double checked to be sure it wasn't really a new duplicate message but that message was old and answered.  Same with orders, I am getting notifications hours to days after the orders came in and the orders have been shipped before the notice comes in.

It seems to be random.  Sometimes it doesn't happen and the notifications come in normally.  Once in a while I get the major delay on the notices.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.