It has almost been a day, and I need to ship my orders TODAY.

When will this problem be fixed? This is so inconvenient!

Re: WHEN WILL THE SHIPPING LABEL PROBLEM BE SOLVED?

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails @I only had to give them my (cash back - yay!) credit card number and they charge me per label as needed. Unless they do things differently for volume labels?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings  You probably have options - I just keep $50 in there at all times - I mal stuff to family all the time!  : )

3 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings You can set it up different ways.  I hate lots of little charges, so I have them pull $250 at a time.  But my shipments are in the 2 to 3 lb range, so it doesn't take long to hit that. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@bradgoodell @PillowDetails Whadda know! Thanks for the info. Though little payments, in my case, are preferable since I don’t sell much and could use the money for other things. : ) @bradgoodell $250 would probably last me for over a year! Lol.

1 Like
AcmeRainbows
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings 

might be easier to do the $50 chunk option when you consider tracking all costs for tax reporting purposes.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Another option is Paypal - you can print labels there at discount without a Paypal order.

* The old "shipnow" link no longer works.  You have to find it in your account.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ship labels still are not working

0 Likes

Jump to solution

And you just know (and I’d bet) that even though this is an Etsy problem/technical glitch, if you ship late, you’ll still be penalized in star seller shipping stats. 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

yep. had two yesterday that couldn't print buy or print shipping labels and now late and will be dinged for it

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Ditch etsy. At the qty you sell I would use shipstation. It way outdoes any other system for speed and automation. 

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I used to use Shipstation, but they wouldn't give me cubic rates.  So I started using PirateShip because it was cheaper for a good portion of my orders.  PirateShip also had cheaper international rates.  Then when PirateShip started offering deeply discounted UPS rates, I dropped Shipstation altogether. 

Shipstation has a great interface and customization, but at a certain point I couldn't justify the monthly cost when I was using PirateShip more and more.  

2 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am too spoiled. After shipstation everything else feels like it's poorly setup and takes forever to print just 1 label. Shipstation I can select 10 or more orders and print, done. I setup process rules for the top selling items and don't even have to look at orders or adjust weight based on variations. Shipstation does it all. If anyone ships more than a dozen orders a day the time saved more than pays for itself. It also helps me prevent mistakes due to how it integrates and the automation like over $7 shipping it sets it to priority (for when people have upgraded). So amazingly customizableand automated. Their prices have gone up but still worth it. Back when we shipped 200 or so orders a day it literally saved hours. The price ads pennies to each order cost. Not to mention being able to add notes or change shipping options when a customer contacts me to make a change or upgrade shipping. I don't have to remember and make mistakes.

Edit: oh and they now have a UPS saver option. A 1lb 10x4x4 box was $6.50 usps was $8.50 and even the cheapest cubic is $7.50 or more. 

Shipstation is to etsy/pirate ship like etsy is to buying postage at the post office. 

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@digitaldoodlebug ShipStation is now offering Cubic?  I contacted them and asked them about Cubic rates, and they wouldn't give them to me.  That was the game changer for me, and the main reason dropped it.  Might reconsider.  

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@bradgoodell 

It's hard for me to tell. Can't seem to find an up to date cubic list but changing the weight higher did keep the price the same. How long ago did you stop?

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@bradgoodell 

Ok, confirmed. Etsy recently did cubic rates too. I did a calculation for zone 6 with etsy, shipstation, pirateship. 3 lb, 10x4x4 and all came to 8.79. Or parcel cubic is $7.74. UPS ground is $8.77 across both.

But shipstation UPS ground saver is what is $6.50, that seems to be a cubic style rate as larger packages go higher but not affected by weight. A larger package was same price shipstation and pirateship UPS

The cubic rate auto applies when it's cheaper.

1 Like
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Love Love Love Pirateship!  Easy to set up, great prices with multiple options, (price, carries, upgrades)  integrates with Etsy and Shopify. And best of all amazing customer service!!!

7 Likes

Jump to solution

back up now, hurry!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy didn't fix anything. It is still not working and it costs me time and money. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I printed a label last night. I had to click print twice but it worked. windows 10, chrome, on a desktop

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just tried to purchase a label and when one clicks the little truck icon it is either dead or locked--can go no further,  so I just went to PS and bought labels. Since this is costing Etsy money one would think they would be working on it at lightning speed!

1 Like

Jump to solution

and i'm still having the problem today as well

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The down side to purchasing at PO is that the retail rate is so much higher than the commercial rate.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.