WEBP Files

Jump to solution

I'm finding more and more that when a customer posts a photo in a convo that when I try to download it, it's a WEBP file which cannot be imported into Inkscape, Illustrator or CorelDraw. So I always end up asking my customer to e-mail me the original file.

Is there a work around for this? Do I need some type of converter to convert the WEBP file to a jpeg or PNG?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: WEBP Files

Jump to solution

Yep, that is the file format I have been getting a lot of my photo's now from customers.  Click on the image, then put your cursor (if on desktop) on the image, right click and copy, then paste into your graphic program.  I do Photoshop - so it can handle these kind of files, then save as a .jpg or .png from there.  Some of my graphic programs won't even read them when I try and upload.  It's become a real pain.  It's just a format that web developers use to compress files for faster website and social media sites.  Not good for stores that need the images for orders.

View solution in original post

1 Like
5 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

When I tried to test save your last customer photo it showed .jpg. Maybe you can try downloading the webg photo and then uploading to a photo editor and resave as a .jpg. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's not the customer photos from reviews.....it's the photos/graphics/logos that they send in convos. And when I download the WEBP file and then upload it to a photo editor, it either won't open (ie Illustrator) or won't let me resave it as a jpeg (Photoshop).

0 Likes
thePaperFramer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Lots of places online that will do the conversion. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=convert+webp+to+jpg

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Copy/paste the photos into MS Paint and save as jpeg (or your preferred format).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, that is the file format I have been getting a lot of my photo's now from customers.  Click on the image, then put your cursor (if on desktop) on the image, right click and copy, then paste into your graphic program.  I do Photoshop - so it can handle these kind of files, then save as a .jpg or .png from there.  Some of my graphic programs won't even read them when I try and upload.  It's become a real pain.  It's just a format that web developers use to compress files for faster website and social media sites.  Not good for stores that need the images for orders.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.