Verify your bank to keep getting paid, Ive been on Etsy for over a decade and have not changed bank

Jump to solution

When I try to verify my bank account that Etsy has been depositing in for over a decade it says “does not match what’s on file.”I have the same account number that I have always had. I requested a call from Etsy support to assist me in this issue, but the call that was supposed to happen within 30 mins never came. I need this taken care of asap, I do not have time for this kind of annoyance.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Verify your bank to keep getting paid, Ive been on Etsy for over a decade and have not changed b

Jump to solution

you need to put in all leading zeros, don't mis them out - check on a bank statement what the whole number is

and type, don't copy and paste

View solution in original post

1 Like
15 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Verify your bank to keep getting paid, Ive been on Etsy for over a decade and have not changed b

Jump to solution

Are you using instant or manual verification?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have no idea, I think i have tried both.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Be sure that your information matches exactly - for example, using or not using a middle initial (the one that trips me up because sometimes I do and sometimes I don't) or a different spelling on your address. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I cant get past the enter your number so I cant see anything else.

1 Like

Jump to solution

you need to put in all leading zeros, don't mis them out - check on a bank statement what the whole number is

and type, don't copy and paste

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have, its some kind of glitch with Etsy, I had a chat with them and they said update the bank account but you have to enter your old account number (which is what i going to be re-entering) and it says doesn’t match. It’s on their end, not mine.

1 Like

Jump to solution

There were three 000 on my statement before the account number, the bank even missed this when i called them.

Thank you!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me.   I am putting information in exactly as I've done for 20 years and has always worked.   Etsy not recognizing my account says a different number is on file (but 1000% sure it's not different number- I've been getting deposits from Etsy into this account for 7 years).   All digits were entered, all 0's etc.   Also requested call from Etsy.    What a complete waste of time, energy.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing. I tried yesterday morning, contacted Etsy support who contacted me back saying they are working on the issue. I tried again this morning and still says doesn't match what is on file. I tried putting the 000 in front of the account number and everything. Not sure what's going on. Many are able to do it but lots of people are having the same issue we are.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same for me. Totally frustrating.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just got off the phone with Etsy. They unlinked my current bank account information from my Etsy account and then I was able to go through the process of linking to Plaid.

1 Like

Jump to solution

9-11-22 Can someone help me!! I put in everything bank number, verified and even the small deposits weeks ago..It said you're good to go...now this morning I get an email stating...
"Hi Bree, We're sending one last reminder to confirm the two small deposits you recently received from Plaid, so we can verify and connect your bank account."

Here's how:

• On Etsy.com, click "Shop Manager"
  • Click "Finances"
  • Click "Payment settings"
  • Then click "Enter deposit amounts"

When I click on verify

0 Likes
Ethnicca
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

The same happened to me!!! and they suspended my shop since MONDAY!!!

I call every day and they don't have any idea why it is happening. 

This is the SAME information I have in the last 8 years!!! 

0 Likes
TaurusCraft
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I keep getting what looks like Hacked Etsy Inbox Messages telling me to verify I own the account by sending them an email confirming who I am.  Yet I do not want to respond since I read there are many scam emails that get sent.... 

That does not seem right.  Also, emails if I do not respond I get threatened to have my acct. suspended. 

WTH is going on here.     Ok... Not just that, In the past, we had NO issues on getting paid.  Same bank info same everything except a new debit card was added.   

I reached out to support, and asked why is a card I deleted due to expiring, still show up and your saying I need to add a new card.  Which I did that already and ETSY platform said it was accepted...but this one card that I already deleted is holding the whole thing up?  Im so confused.  Most of all...DOES ANYONE WORK HERE?   I get a generic response from a bot like, informing me to upload a prepaid card or a card that is legit...MY bank should be sufficient enough. 

I called my bank and bugged them... 3 times.... They say its on ETSY ....not their end.   

I asked for a phone call.  No call.... just this dumb generic email they send out to everyone.  That doesn't help me at all.   

I have money literally sitting in the account, that I can't get paid for.     

ONe more thing....  I also have a notice or a message flagging me next to the verifying of TAX INFO section... I already did that too.  It states it will verify in 48 hrs its been over 2 weeks.   

I'm at a loss I think ETSY IS HACKED......and what's more, Im not sure they care.  Or they don't pay tech support to work out the bugs over there on the platform.  Think I'll have to shut down my store. 

FUN!  Thanks!   

I want to know what everyone else is doing about this on their end if it's happening to you as well.   

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TaurusCraft: "I think ETSY IS HACKED" Were the messages in the "From Etsy" section on your Messages page when checking messages using a browser? If not, they are a SCAM and Etsy was not hacked.

You may want to reread https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.