Updating banking information

I am unable to update my banking information as requested by Etsy through Plaid. Everytime I try to enter my account info it won't accept it even though I am entering the correct information. Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
10 Likes
69 Replies
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Re: Updating banking information

yes, several others have posted in bigger threads. You may try again a few days later. Etsy has a lot of hiccups. 

4 Likes

Same

1 Like

I'm having this issue. I emailed and requested a call back from Etsy support. Several others also has this problem. Check the Finance section. 

2 Likes
OnOccasions
Inspiration Seeker

Hw do you arrange for a call-back  from ETSY?  Even the email I sent using an old email address I had on file came back that it was unmonitored.  I cannot find a way to contact ETSY.  This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

@craftyposter  I never get the option for a call back from etsy only email support which is falling on deaf ears 

0 Likes

I think it is an Etsy technical issue that they must be aware of at this point. Some people have posted they have not been able to get their money transferred to their account as well.

0 Likes

this has been an issue since 2019. etsy support does not address the issue. i am having this issue still in 2023.

1 Like

there have been some people cutting and pasting the numbers in, rather than typing

also use a browser, not the app,

you have time, so if neither of these work, I'd try again tomorrow

4 Likes

I typed my numbers in and it worked fine. Sometimes cutting and pasting is the approach that doesn't work. So, if one way doesn't work, try the other way.

2 Likes

Yes, it keeps telling me that my account number doesn't match what's on file even though I double checked it a million times. I still get deposits from Etsy every week so clearly my information is correct. I contacted them but I'm glad it's not just me! 

1 Like

Are you entering your account number as it's shown on the bottom of a check.  I know in my case my account number is 6 digits, but my checking account number along the bottom of the check is 13 digits.  I entered the 13 digit number and had no problems.  I think they want it in that format.  Good luck!

0 Likes

I didn't think to do the check number but the number they would have on file is the number that I kept trying since that's what I would have entered originally. I am going to give it a break so that my account doesn't get locked and maybe try again tomorrow. Hoping it gets resolved! 

0 Likes

@melandmae any solution?  I'm in the same boat but concerned that i will have my money held for not being able to complete the update

0 Likes

Don't just keep trying willy nilly several times or they will close your account. If you have tried a couple times, wait a day or 2, change browser and device, don't use the app , don't copy /paste or use saved info and maybe try again. Also I'd see what others with this issue found out worked, No need to jump right in. Also if the info on file doesn't use spaces..don't use spaces.

1 Like

I typed my account number in manually and did not copy and paste. I did this years ago, around 5 years to be exact, when I wanted to change to a different account for deposits. It would not allow me then, and it won't allow me now. This is NOT a new issue. This has been a technical issue Etsy has had for along time now. And now, it really matters to verify the account. And Etsy still says it does not match what they have on file.

3 Likes

Not sure how Etsy can withhold your money. It's YOUR money, not their money. Are any other sites making sellers do this? 

0 Likes

ebay and amazon verified a while ago

etsy is a bit late to the party

etsy can't send money, to an account that hasn't been verified as belonging to the account holder

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yes, it keeps telling me that my account number doesn't match what's on file even though I double checked it a million times. I still get deposits from Etsy every week so clearly my information is correct.

This is exactly what is happening to me and my issue is that I closed my account with the bank that I was using for Etsy. I would like to add a brand new account number but can't.  There are so many of us with this problem and this has been a problem for quite a few weeks.

@ModFabiowe're needing some help please.

0 Likes

This has been an issue I have had for 5-6 years now. It is still an issue and now it matters big time. Anytime I want to switch bank accounts Etsy tells me the one I am putting in does not match the one they have. But Etsy only has that one number. 

2 Likes
OnOccasions
Inspiration Seeker

how do we contact ETSY to let them know so many people are having problems connecting with PLAID???

1 Like
luxcrafter
Conversation Maker

1 Like
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

I tried updating my bank account info a long time ago when my account upgraded and changed account and routing numbers, the old ones still work fine and deposits get transferred to the new account using the old numbers but it would never accept them.

Now it's the same thing all over again, 100% sure i'm entering the full correct account number but it's telling me it's not correct. I tried pasting it and tried typing it, so now i'm gonna have to contact etsy and wait a while like everyone else.

1 Like

I am glad to see it is not just me but I have seen a couple people who have had issues get their account suspended! What?! I hope they get this matter fixed before the deadline they have put on us all.  If not, I will go back to selling directly to my customers and keeping more of the profit. I am fine with that. 

5 Likes
OnOccasions
Inspiration Seeker

Sounds smart.  Yes, keep more profits!  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.