[URGENT] Buyers cannot leave a review until 2025

Like most sellers, I invest adamant attention into wonderful projects for happy customers, which is expressed through their satisfaction in reviews on my store. Since running my Etsy shop for about 2 years now I can confirm my buyer review process has been affected for an accumulative MONTHS, with many of my buyers NEVER being able to EVER leave a review for my account. 

1.) For MONTHS in the past Etsy imposed a bug that prevented users from being able to leave reviews due to an AUTO-COMPLETE issue which was not only a HUGE inconvenience for sellers but PERMANENTLY prevented buyers from EVER being able to post a review for their order. 20% of my customers are BURNED with no change to EVER review.

2.) NOW, I have had my last 7 customers inform me that they cannot leave a review until 365 DAYS from now, which is OUTSIDE the 90 day review policy, or in other words, can NEVER leave a review EVER again for my shop; AGAIN.

Imagine operating on a platform where there are two purposes: click a button, and you get a cookie, click a button and you get a cookie. MY COOKIE IS TAKEN FROM ME. Sure, if I was a money hungry individual doing this for cashflow, I still get the chocolate chips, but I do this for satisfaction and GROWTH

Not infuriated, just insane to see new features implemented like "Buyer Mode", etc, when sellers are suffering with the BASICS

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
27 Replies
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: [URGENT] Buyers cannot leave a review until 2025

If something is urgent you are better off contacting Etsy. We are just other sellers here.

Request a Callback

Submit a request – Etsy

6 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, although as mentioned in the Original Post; I have been in discussion with them for months

0 Likes

Unfortunately, no one in the forums can really help you with this kind of an issue as it sounds like it might be more on the technical side.    Have you opened up a ticket for support?   365 days doesn't make any sense as that's well out of the Etsy review window.   If you could have the buyers send you screen shots, perhaps you could add them to your ticket and help with the resolution.

It looks like you had feedback as recently as today so hopefully that's some comfort that at least some buyers are able to review.    

Also, now I want a cookie.    :  (

5 Likes

This is only pertaining to Digital Download Listings. Therefore anyone with regular shipped items are not affected.

I only have stale cookies

0 Likes
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

By any chance were those orders that are showing 365 days placed on 29 February? 

I haven't seen reports like yours even though I check out the forums most days so if there is an issue specific to your shop you would need to contact Etsy Support to get them to investigate.

5 Likes

This is a creative thought, however no sadly none of them were placed on February 29th.

0 Likes

Normally I'd ignore these things as hearing a customer is happy is wonderful!  However, since this has become such an important part of Etsy's algorithms  it is worth the investigation.  I would absolutely contact Etsy to resolve this issue.  @OneEyeCatStudio  has given the appropriate links.

2 Likes

Thank you, I have been in contact with Etsy about this for months so it is nice to see an active forum post that can likely gather more sincere attention

1 Like
weekendjewelry1
Conversation Maker

And once you send a ticket, remember how important it is to reply *in that same thread*.  "I still need help!" If you start a new ticket your problem goes to the bottom of their pile.  Wish I had more direct help to give you, this sounds just crazy! 

1 Like

Thank you for understanding where I am coming from and this recommendation. Sadly, to no avail - it seems we must create attention on a thread to get attention toward the issue.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

That is very weird indeed.  I've never had Buyers tell me they couldn't leave a Review. If they couldn't, maybe they just didn't say anything.
I also don't know what the "AUTO-COMPLETE" Bug is. What is it, and who told you that's the name of a specific Bug? If I may ask.

1 Like

The auto complete bug was a bug that was confirmed to me from the support team and "being worked" on for over 60 days. This was regarding Digital Design Listings that would "Auto Complete" as soon as the user purchased the item, delivering them nothing, and locking them from EVER leaving a review. This bug still comes and goes to this date

2 Likes

I just had the same happen.  A happy customer messaged saying that she can't leave a review until 2025, also a digital purchase.  I came here first to see if it's a known issue, thank you for posting.  I will contact support as well.

1 Like

Just happened to me as well, also a digital item!

1 Like

Just wanted to post back here that after a week still over 300 of my customers are experiencing this issue and cannot review until 2025

Reviews are the MOST important part of an Etsy shop, and this issue is just sickening that it is not treated with priority.

Please everyone tell your customers to contact Etsy and email them. Enough havoc and maybe they'll care

0 Likes

@3DPrintCustomz 

You received 5 reviews yesterday. 

1 Like
Serenityy222
Inspiration Seeker

Unfortunately, I have the same issue!!

1 Like

@Serenityy222 

You received a review yesterday. 

1 Like

Fallen, this is not occuring on EVERY listing but is occuring to 85% of customers at least (and 100% of the 85% are digital download listings)

0 Likes

I bought a digital item at the beginning of the month and I can’t leave a review until after 4th April 2025. 

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@RockNRollSoulDesigns Please do contact Etsy support with screen shots or forward the email (if there was one) showing the dates for review. If they are aware of the issue then they may be more inclined to fix it. We can only hope.

1 Like

Exactly, I have seen plenty of screenshots as well 100% affirming there is no "misinterpretation". This is a 100% valid concept

0 Likes

I am just wondering if this is a "real" or "perceived" issue? It has only appeared in discussion since Etsy changed the "Thank-you" and "Abandoned Cart" Automatic Discount Coupon process.

"Thank-you" Coupons are now valid for one year. So, there may several things happening. Two things which come to mind are:

1) Buyers confusing the one year date for Coupon use with Review timeframe?

2) Somehow, the one year for "Thank-you" coupons is interfering with Review Window opening? 

Just some random thoughts, but, as I have observed, this has only been an "issue" since Etsy put limits on Automatic Coupons

1 Like

I appreciate the open minded thinking regarding the situation. After seeing 50+ screenshots of the situation however, I can confirm this is not a misinterpration but a 100% problem.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.