amarachstudio
Inspiration Seeker

U.K seller. Region and currency settings keep reverting back to U.S.A

Hi everyone I'm using google chrome and for the last 2 weeks when I log into Etsy my region and currency settings keep reverting back to U.S.A and Dollars. I live in the U.K therefore when shopping on Etsy I have to reset my region and currency settings back to U.K and GBP in the "Update your Settings" window.

I have no idea what is causing this, can anyone help?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
14 Replies

Re: U.K seller. Region and currency settings keep reverting back to U.S.A

Same problem. I'm in Canada and use the Chrome browser for my Etsy work. For months, my region preference kept resetting to Greece automatically. I finally solved the problem by updating my phone language settings. For some reason, my primary language was set to Greek. I deleted it on my phone, and that solved my Chrome Etsy issue. Very weird. If you too have the Etsy app on your phone, check the language settings. 

1 Like

Settings for the Netherlands / Euro keeps reverting to the U.K and GBP. I have to reset the region each time I log in 

2 Likes

scrap my last comment, it also jumps back to U.K and GBP from the Netherlands / Euro is I press refresh whilst in the dashboard

1 Like

If you also have the Etsy App on your phone, then check your phone's system settings. I solved my similar problem by fixing the language setting.

2 Likes
PolkadotViolet
Inspiration Seeker

Same problem from Canada. Every time I close my browser, it reverts. This is extremely frustrating and the only help tells me to change my regional settings. Which I do. Every time I close my browser. Fall and Christmas is ramping up so I'd like to know when the fix is coming. Nothing from Etsy. Just sellers and users trying to resolve their own issues.... Does anyone know how to formally submit an issue directly to them? Not just to the user community?

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Logged in user settings are saved on Etsy's servers. Different user settings on any of the Apps can override the logged in browser settings.

Logged out browser user settings are separate and are saved in browser cookies on the local device. If you have browser security settings that erase cookies on exit from the browser then the Etsy user settings will reset to a default every time you restart the browser. The default will be selected by Etsy's page dependant on device / computer region settings and IP address. If you use a VPN the location detected will depend upon where the VPN connects you to the internet.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

0 Likes

@FancyTogsis basically correct, but a stitch has gone awry at Etsy. We are in Chicago (USA) and when logged in Etsy thinks we are in Canada even though every other website and test gets out location correct.

0 Likes
ReadAloudPlays
Inspiration Seeker

Did anyone ever come up with a fix for this? I'm in US, have repeatedly set my location, address, phone, and currency to US, but my Etsy store still defaults to Norwegian kroners. Help!

0 Likes

I'm in the UK too and my desktop account always reverts to US. So annoying!

2 Likes

Also in the UK and also getting reverted to dollars, this is getting very frustrating as we can't find any reason or cure anywhere!

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

@SunflowersOfScotland 

Check Etsy Apps on all devices, if they have a different setting it can override the website settings.

May also be caused by using a vpn service to mask your location (your internet connection point becomes a different country) and/or using a secure browser which deletes cookies at the end of browsing sessions.

Lawrence

0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Sounds like Etsy broke something while carrying testing out on live shops, only Etsy support can fix it

0 Likes

EDITED FROM ABOVE. 

Just started for me today.  Keeps showing as Dutch Krone when I do pricing research.

Customers that use Google to search and then land on Etsy find the pricing as DKK.

Also, the last sale I had in my Shop showed GBP for payment - the customer was in New Jersey.  This is also a huge problem.

I have checked all my settings for languages, all set for English, dollars, etc. on all my device.  

Can Etsy please fix these really huge errors. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Just started for me today (11-16-2023)  Keeps showing as Dutch Krone when I do pricing research.

Can Etsy please fix this really huge error.  Customers that use Google to search and then land on Etsy find the pricing as DKK.

Also, the last sale I handled in my shop showed British Pounds as the payment, even though the customer was in New Jersey.  This is a big issue as well.

Thank you.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.