Tracking

I had a customer purchase 22 photos today. She came back and purchased two photos. Then came back again and purchased another photo. Three separate sales. I’m putting all 25 photos in one package and mailing by Priority Mail.

On the second and third sales, I marked them as completed and entered the tracking number. There’s only one tracking number. They’re all being shipped together. The system just says “This item doesn’t have tracking”. 

I’ve done this before without any problems. The system apparently doesn’t recognize the fact that you can combine items from different sales in one package. It used to. Any ideas? 

I’ve tried entering the tracking number using Safari and also using the Etsy app. It doesn’t work either way. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Tracking

Have you tried clearing your cache? Also try it in Chrome or edge.

Unless of course, we can no longer add the same tracking number for combined orders. There have been some changes to the dashboard in the past 2 weeks, hope this is not one of them

0 Likes

I just figured it out. Her address needed to be updated to the address recognized by the Post Office.

So the first sale had a different address from the subsequent sales. 

I went in and did all the steps to print a label on the other two sales, including updating the address and then cancelled the label.

When I added the tracking number, the system shows the items as having a tracking number.

The address has to be the same on each sale to use the same tracking number. 

3 Likes

@SunshineVintagePhoto: "So the first sale had a different address from the subsequent sales." Out of curiosity, if the addresses were different how did you know that the buyer wanted everything shipped to the first address? And of course, Etsy wants us to ship to the address on the order, right or wrong.

1 Like

Make sure the tracking numbers you entered match the ones on the label you created.  It is easy to miss a digit.  I know for I have done that.  So you have 3 days to fix.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Glad you figured it out, I combine orders once in a while and good info to know beforehand!

0 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

You should confirm that the buyer actually wants all of the purchases delivered to the same address.  Some may be gifts that she wants delivered to the recipient.  Also, be sure that if you do ship everything together, that you use the current and correct address since it may have changed.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.