Tracking number issue - tech help?

I have shipped a parcel to Australia from Europe, and I specifically asked for a tracking number, which I have later submitted to the package info for easier tracking. Ever since the package left Europe it had been marked as In transit.

The thing is, a customer left a beautiful review saying that she had received the package on Dec. 22, containing all the items (a card and an additional small gift, none of which I told her that I was going to send her) and a photo of the actual pillowcase. I double checked with her that she had in fact received the package, and she said she did, hence leaving the review.

However, the info in my Etsy seller app still says that the package is in transit, which doesn't make sense. I there a way to mark it as received? I can only click "issue a refund", which doesn't apply. I am worried it will crash my attempt to reach a star seller.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
6 Replies
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

Re: Tracking number issue - tech help?

If I were you, I would first lock in the customer's review by responding to it with something along the lines of "Thank you for taking your time in leaving such a wonderful review and photo. I'm so happy that your item arrived to you in time and that you were pleased with it. Thank you again and I hope to do business with you in the future." By responding, the customer will not be able to change the review and if any issues arise with Etsy, they will see the review at the customer did in fact got their order and were pleased with it.  

As far as "marking it as received", I do not think there is a way of doing so. I would give the system a few days to update due to the holiday traffic of packages flowing through the postal system and Etsy keeping up with it updating on their end. 

I believe as long as you have a valid tracking number and shows that its in transit, I do not thing it will affect your star seller rating.

I still have a few orders that are still showing "in transit" from over a few months ago and those customers left 5 star reviews. 

4 Likes

@CreatingMagic4: Star Seller is based on shipped not delivered. As to the package being marked as delivered, we are completely at the mercy of the last mile courier actually scanning the package and if, when and how often AfterShip checks the tracking number and updates Etsy.

1 Like
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

I try to get my packages scanned and get a receipt for the same reason but at times I just do not have time but it sure does help when I do. 

0 Likes

As long as you have provided Etsy with the tracking number showing it was shipped, it should not affect your Star Seller status. Etsy shouldn't look any further than that if your customer hasn't filed a case for non-delivery.

1 Like

The carrier may not have scanned the item as delivered.

1 Like

You can't mark it as received, but the customer can. As far as I am aware, the customer is asked by Etsy in an e-mail if he/she received the package. Maybe after clicking on "yes" the status of the order gets tagged as delivered.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.