RamonaDesignArt
Inspiration Seeker

Problem with VAT ID

Hi! I entered my tax number in the "Update your primary taxpayer info" section. I got an email saying the change was successful. But when I look at the settings again, I see that the VAT ID related sections are still empty. I do not sell from the USA.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Problem with VAT ID

you have to put your 2 character country code , as the first part of the vat code

to make sure it is correct, you can check it here - it's where etsy would check it

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/#/vat-validation

0 Likes
RamonaDesignArt
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, even though I added the country abbreviation, there is no change. "You have successfully updated your taxpayer ID on Etsy to." I received a written email. But when I look back where I made changes from the settings, it still says "Taxpayer ID: Not on file".

0 Likes

You don't have any sellers detia;ls,

you need to put your address, and e-mail address in too - have you tried a browser, not the app?

0 Likes
PhotoshopLand
Inspiration Seeker

I am a seller from Túrkiye, I have similar problems. Is there a similar link to check vat id

0 Likes
PicArtLab
Inspiration Seeker

Rif.: Problem with VAT ID

Hi Ramona, I sorted it out, I had the same issue. Try to access your etsy account from an incognito window. It worked for me, It must be a cookie related issue on the browser.

0 Likes

Rif.: Problem with VAT ID

Tried it, didnt work for me  

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@RamonaDesignArt You say you 'do not sell from the USA' but your shop location says US???

Your Taxpayer ID and VAT numbers are different things (I think) - maybe you are getting them confused??

I don't know how it works in the US, but in the UK we only have to register for VAT once our yearly revenue goes above £85k

FYI: You have potential intellectual property infringements in your shop which could get you shut down - please read up on copyright and trademarks and take action before you get caught.

0 Likes

Hello. i am having the same problem. did you solve it

0 Likes

Dot.: Problem with VAT ID

Same problem here. All i get is email from Etsy saying  "You have successfully updated your taxpayer ID on Etsy to." (empty space here, no number) and on website its not changing at all.

0 Likes

Dot.: Problem with VAT ID

Hi Did you solve the problem ? Actually I have same problem and I didn't understand how to handle on it 

0 Likes
HelloSingularity
Inspiration Seeker

I had the same problem. You have to go to Legal and tax information -> edit. Then Edit taxplayer ID -> fill the number -> click Save and upload document. Then you are send back to Legal and tax information page, scroll down and click Submit button.

Previously I din't submit whole operation, received an email "You have successfully updated your taxpayer ID..." but nothing actually happened.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!

I was having the same problem and was hopless reading everyone with the same problem until I saw your answer.
It did worked, thanks!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.