Thumbnails suddenly zoomed in on Shop page

Why are the thumbnails on my Shop page suddenly zoomed in? This started at about 3:45 EST on July 10. The thumbnails on other pages such as the "Listings" page and in the listing edit page are all OK. And when I do a search and my listings are included in the search the thumbnails are also OK. Only on my shop page are they zoomed in.

Note that I am running Windows 7 Professional with the last version of Chrome that supported Windows 7. Also note that my desktop has the zoomed in thumbnails but my laptop running the same OS and version of Chrome do not.

Is anyone else having this problem beginning from today???

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
19 Likes
32 Replies

Re: Thumbnails suddenly zoomed in on Shop page

There are numerous threads about this issue.

0 Likes
BGOcreations
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same thing going on.  I think it's Etsy because it's the same on my phone.

0 Likes

Did this just begin today? The only started today on my desktop and I am on Etsy constantly. Something must have changed today.

0 Likes

I've noticed the same zoomed in thumbnail issue in other people's shop. In fact, on my desktop only, the thumbnails in everyone's shops are square, whereas they used to be rectangular. For some reason this only occurs on my desktop, not on my laptop, although both systems are running the exact same versions of Windows 7 and chrome.

1 Like
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Somebody in Etsy came to office in the morning and zoomed in all the photos. I worked on my listing in the morning and everything was fine. Now all photos are zoomed in.

3 Likes

I think it may have something to do with the screen resolution??? My desktop having the problem only supports 1366 by 768. My laptop supports 1920 by 1080. Could that be the problem?

1 Like
BrocanteCabinet
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same problem since today! 

3 Likes

This has been going on for some sellers for many weeks. It appears Etsy expanded the issue to more sellers. Not sure if it is a test or a new "improvement". Its awful... hope it is a test.

3 Likes

Mine as well.  I noticed the problem this morning. 

0 Likes

If you go to your "Listings" page in "Shop Manager", the thumbnails should look correct (mine do), rectangular and with proper zoom. Also, when you edit a listing, the thumbnail that you can adjust is also rectangular and retains the zoom that it originally had. Only on your shop page are the thumbnails square and zoomed in. Is this also the case for your account?

1 Like

It is not the resolution, or necessarily the OS or browser. I tried my wife's 10+ year old HP laptop with 1920 by 1080 resolution running Windows 7 and it had the square zoomed in thumbnails. My wife's new Windows 10 HP laptop with 1368 by 760 resolution running Windows 10 and latest version Chrome also had zoomed in thumbnails. Only my 2017 HP laptop, Windows 7 and older Chrome strangely avoids the problem.

0 Likes

This happened a few weeks ago. The thumbnails were vertical rectangles, then square. My pc went back to normal, but my laptop still showed vertical rectangles. This morning my pc was fine and now it's also zoomed with square thumbnails. I have been trying to post new items with extra space on the sides so that my items don't get cut off. Some worked, some didn't. I wish we new what will be permanent so that we can post accordingly. Right now it looks terrible.

1 Like
HappyHabitsCo
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same exact issue with my shop! Very frustrating. It seems like an etsy issue so I’m not going to adjust the images.

Hopefully they solve this soon. It makes my shop look awful

2 Likes

It's a test. Sucks....but there it is. I've been in and out of this particular test on my desktop and laptops about 2 - 3 times. I'm back in on my desktop, but not my laptops. And never on my phone. It really makes a shop look.....untidy.

2 Likes
AtHomeVintageCo
Inspiration Seeker

Me too. My product photos are now partially cropped at the sides and don’t look good! As you say, the listing set up is still set for them being landscape not square. The whole Etsy interface has been changed, shop logo bigger, new reviews box, larger Etsy browser favicon. 

3 Likes

@AtHomeVintageCo  I noticed these changes this morning as well. Along with the text font being much smaller than it was yesterday. My photos appear very large in comparison when looking at my listing.

0 Likes
SIAfoilprints
Inspiration Seeker

Same here, but not all listing thumbnails are affected. I have found if you go into adjust thumbnail on the said listing and just click save, come out and it is back to normal looking, I know it's a pain but for me it's a temporary work around until Etsy sort it out. I hope this helps some sellers.

0 Likes

I tried to adjust the thumbnails to see if that would correct the problem. I even tried using the new listing form but it did not fix the problem. All other pages (Shop Manager "Listings" page, listing editor) show the thumbnail in landscape with correct sizing. Even when you perform a search all the thumbnails are landscape with correct sizing. Only on the shop page are they square. 

1 Like

Been like this for weeks, we have etsy encouraging use to produce high quality photography and then displaying our images in random aspect ratios across the site, it's impossible to get a consistent look if we aren't given a consistent image container specification.

There's been enough posts about this issue now that somebody from Etsy really needs to be chiming in and letting us know whether we're expected to be using 4:3 images or 1:1 and when we can expect a consistent application of the images specification across the site.

We're being made to look like amateurs.
This just isn't good enough. 

8 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Betreff: Thumbnails suddenly zoomed in on Shop page

Seeing it since yesterday.

Most of my long earrings are cut off.

It's so, so, so annyoing.

And I also see instead of 5,0 in reviews under my title in listings "4,9 "

Well thank you... not.

Someone at Etsy is certainly very very involved with reviews.

But I welcome the link to my shop!

Just take the reviews out, please.

1 Like

@AnnaleasFinest Yep, I see the 4.9 in my shop as well and had earned back the 5.0 rating in May. The sellers app still shows the 5.0 stars. So strange. 

0 Likes

I checked out a few of the shops I follow and they are all showing the 4.9 stars.

Don't know the correct terms; but may be it is like a template or place holder while they are testing out the feature? Or still writing the code behind the scenes?

0 Likes

I opened a chat with Etsy Customer Support this morning. I sent them screen captures of my shop page as it used to appear, and after the thumbnails suddenly became square. Now at 7 PM today, my shop is back to normal. Has everyone else's shop returned to normal???

2 Likes
GraphisNatura
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for speaking with them – maybe they just needed to hear/know... my photos are back to normal now also! (at 8PM EST / US) – Cheers ☺︎

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.