There was a problem with your order. Please try again.

Hello,

I have been getting messages from buyers saying they can't checkout. It shows this error message:

There was a problem with your order. Please try again.

Happens when hitting the checkout button, even before inputting the payment details.

I opened the shop in January and had already a few sales, until 4 days ago when they suddenly stopped.

I am losing customers and not able to start a chat, I see only “email us” option.

anyone else with the same issue? Can someone from Etsy chime in and have a look?

thank you!!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
7 Replies
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Re: There was a problem with your order. Please try again.

Someone else was able to fix this by setting their currency to Euros instead of USD.  If you are set to USD, maybe give it a try for now.  Hopefully etsy will get the problem sorted out soon.

0 Likes

Thanks for this hint. I am actually selling in EUR already, maybe should I try doiny the opposite,switch to USD? 

0 Likes

Can anyone from Etsy read this and help?

Still my buyers after one week are unable to checkout, they get the message "There was a problem with your order. Please try again."

Searching the forums, I found other threads with people having the same issue, which Etsy tech support confirmed that was connected with the currency change done twice in a short period. In my case I switched from EUR to USD (and this was successful, got the confirmation email) and then back to EUR (where the system is currently stuck).

In fact now in the payment settings / currency I keep seeing the green banner at the top of the page saying that "We're changing your shop currency to Euro and converting your prices. We will send you an email when all of your prices have been converted. It could take an hour."

It's been like this since February 15, when I switched the currencies two times (silly me for that!). Plus now I cannot change the currency anymore, the box with the currency selection has disappeared from the page. The system is kind of stuck there in the middle.

Since that moment, my buyers have the checkout issue, no matter which payment they choose or where they are shopping from.

Can someone from Etsy please chime in and have a look?

I have already contacted chat support for days now, multiple times, without getting any result. They just say either to wait or that they will follow up by email, which they never do.

This is beyond frustration!

thanks,

Matteo

1 Like

@ModFabio maybe can you have a look into this? I am totally lost!

0 Likes

Just had this happen today with a customer who successfully placed an order several weeks ago!  Very upsetting!  How do we contact Etsy about this?

0 Likes

I contacted Support both via the live chat and opening a support ticket, you have to be persistent and keep pushing until someone will escalate the issue to a upper level.

In my case finally today things are back to normal, no more currency and checkout issues, I don't know exactly which action led to the positive resolution though.

Good luck!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.