Star seller downgrade mistake

I think there is a mistake when you down graded my email response? The stats show a no reply for 24 hours when the slow response was from an outgoing enquiry and it was not a first message?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
18 Replies
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Re: Star seller downgrade mistake

No one to help you in the forum.  Contact Etsy directly.

0 Likes

@UpliftingartDesign: Did Etsy Support or the Help Pages send you here? This is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

Have you confirmed which message(s) Etsy thinks you did not answer within 24 hours using the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page?

0 Likes

How do you contact Etsy directly? They also made a mistake on my account. I have screen shots to prove it. I have now spent 20 minutes trying to find a way to contact them directly. 

0 Likes

@PrettyBeadedJewelry: There is no direct eMail address or phone number for Etsy. You can open a support ticket through Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact Us

1 Like

There is a definite problem with the Star Seller program. I answer EVERY email, but still, I didn’t earn the star. It’s the same with the five star reviews. The program is seriously flawed, and I have no idea. If you figure out how to speak with someone, please let me know.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

I can't see your messages, but I can see your review history.  You have had 14 reviews in the current review period, Jan Feb Mar, and one of those was a 1 star, the rest 5 stars. That means you have 66 stars out of a possible 70, or 94 %.  You need to get at least another six 5 star reviews by the end of the month to bring you back over 95%.

0 Likes

If you reply using the Etsy app or direct from email it will not register with the star program. You have to reply do from Etsy site or it will not count toward your badge. It’s flawed, frustrating and forced on sellers. 

0 Likes

i was sent here by customer support, which I thought was bad because they didnt want to deal with it.

Virtually said there was nothing thay could do with it ?

So much that we have as sellers deal with a request within 24 hrs yet Etsy doesnt reply at all ?

1 Like

The one star was a customer mistake as they left a good message and only one star, still thats not the problem. 

The problem is the email stats, they down graded me when the delay was not a first request as Etsy specify, and wasnt a delay from me answering but the seller I was buying from didnt reply to me !

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

If you get a message from a seller you have purchased from, you must answer it or mark it as spam within 24 hrs.  The system does not read messages to see what they are about, it simply checks that the time elapsed between receipt and response is within the 24 hrs required.

If you sent a new message to the seller and they didn't respond, that won't count against you.  Only the first message in a new thread requires a response.  It would count against that seller, but not against you as the buyer.

0 Likes

@UpliftingartDesign: Have you checked the applicable CSV file from your Star Seller page to confirm which message(s) Etsy thinks you did not answer within 24 hours? Only the first message of a new incoming thread counts for Star Seller and will be included and the dates and times are in UTC not in your local time zone.

0 Likes

If you sent a new message to the seller and they didn't respond, that won't count against you"

Thats the point it has and wasnt the 1st message

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Have you checked the SS Messages csv file to be sure that is the message they marked you down for?

0 Likes

Yes there is only the one !

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Not being a star seller is no big deal.

0 Likes

If you reply from the Etsy app or from direct email it will not register with the star program. You have to respond directly from the Etsy platform. Frustrating, flawed and forced on sellers. 

0 Likes

I am thinking your right about being a star seller does'nt mean much now.

The one thing I am shocked about is the lack of customer service help, there doesnt seem to be much customer support

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

When I think of Etsy CS, it always takes me back to that Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi.  Yes, the service was lousy but the product made up for it.  I use Etsy because they bring me sales and give me a place to showcase my work.  I don't look at them as any different to my stationery supplier or my PO branch, or my IT provider.  I learned in my corporate career that no matter how good your own business skills are, you have to work within the parameters of the systems you interact with, which may not always be as efficient as you would like them to be.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.