BeckyKluthArt
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller data incorrect

Hit my sales target for star seller this month, only to see they have penalised me for not adding tracking to one order. They state to track orders over £10...it was a £12 card set reduced to £9.60 through a discount code, so I sent untracked due to being under £10. They only counted £9.60 revenue towards star seller so why expect me to track as if full price? 

Contacted support and sent a screenshot where it says to track orders over £10 and all they've done is tell me to write in the user forum and say it can't be corrected. But it is clearly wrong. Absolutely no help and this will ruin my star seller rating for the month when it should have been 100%.

Edit: Finally they've said they will escalate it now, after saying they can't do anything several times. But not sure if they will resolve it in time for the end of the month as they won't give a timeframe.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
BeckyKluthArt
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Star seller data incorrect

Finally they've said they will escalate it now, after saying they can't do anything several times. But not sure if they will resolve it in time for the end of the month as they will not give a timeframe.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

As I understand it the tracking requirement is based on the original price before discounts are applied.  At the same time, the $ value metric is based on the price the buyer actually pays before shipping is added.  It does seem unfair but it is what it is.  

If it is any consolation, the sky will not fall in fir lack of the SS badge  regardless of the hype about it being a big advantage.  In the 2 or 3 years it has been running, I have had the badge for a grand total of 5 months and it did absolutely nothing to my sales.

0 Likes
BeckyKluthArt
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks, that makes absolutely no sense to count sales after discount and tracking requirements before discount. I did have star seller for a few months in a row and thought it was increasing my visibility. Then a slump and this was my last chance to get it again before having a baby. Worked really hard to get my sales over the line, to then see this which is totally contradictory and unfair. What a waste of all my effort.

0 Likes

@BeckyKluthArt: "... track orders over £10...it was a £12 card set reduced to £9.60 ..." The tracking threshold is determined by Etsy as "We use the total value of the items purchased before any discounts, not including shipping and taxes." {Emphasis Added} https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

1 Like

^^This ^^

Etsy considers "order value" to be item price before discounts, not including shipping (and tax).

i.e. not the total value of the order.

They really should word it differently.

0 Likes
BeckyKluthArt
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks, that is just crazy when they count the post discount figure towards sales. And in the app they just say to track an order over £10 so unless you delve right into the small print on the website this is not clear at all.

1 Like

@BeckyKluthArt 

If you buy postage through Etsy, or Royal Mail click and drop, Etsy accepts the QR number on ordinary postage for star seller

you don't need to send tracked, even if it is over £10

It's what I do.

1 Like
BeckyKluthArt
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks, I'm aware of that but I have a lot of stamps at home so use those on orders under £10 and usually have no problem. It was just the fact this one was discounted and they do not make it at all clear in the app (which just says to track orders over £10) that they use the pre discount figure to work out tracking requirements. Makes no sense when they use the post discount figure to work out the revenue for star seller. Surely they should be aligned. Incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.