ZealotGaming
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller messages inaccuract, counting a message that Etsy flagged as spam

This message went unseen for almost a week because Etsy mistakenly labeled it spam and the guy was just looking for a large order quote, and thankfully he ended up purchasing and we had great conversation. My concern is that reviving this spam message and converting it to a sale has dropped my response rate form 100% to 92%. How can this be fixed? Should I just never help people that land on spam for whatever reason?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
BigXStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Star seller messages inaccuract, counting a message that Etsy flagged as spam

I had the same issue and Etsy would not help. My solution was to move the message back to the SPAM folder and a day later my message stats were back to 100%. Sucks to have to do it that way but I guess that's how Etsy want's it.

0 Likes

Betreff: Star seller messages inaccuract, counting a message that Etsy flagged as spam

@ZealotGaming, @BigXStudio It's the "moving it out of spam" part and replying after the 24-hour window has passed that has a negative impact on Star Seller metrics. If this applies to one of your messages, don't move it out of spam. You can still reply from the spam folder. 

I suspect that moving messages out of the spam folder days later to reply to them would have always had an impact on Star Seller. It only became a problem when Etsy started automatically moving messages to spam. Before that, this was never a problem because everyone had to mark their spam messages as spam themselves. So there was never a need to move a message out of spam.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.