ArganierNoir
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller

Jump to solution

My star seller rate showing that 2 messages got responses after 24h that not correct and when i download the messages history the 2 that showing they didn't get response, if you check they got response the same day after a few minutes so not sure why putting a system behind that is not accurate to be featured on the seller page and impact negatively on the shop image. i rather not be a star seller than be featured one of the services missing. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller

Jump to solution

Hello @ArganierNoir,

We've double-checked the two messages that has affected your Star Seller, and we can confirm that one conversation didn't received a response up until now. For the other conversation, the buyer sent you two Help Request request for two different orders, however, only one message thread received a response.

Please remember that messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads needs a response within 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Jump to solution

for the two messages in question - did they very first message within the 3 month period get a response within 24 hours?

Just guessing but they may have sent more than one message and one of the later messages got a rapid response but not the first one.

If you can verify that their first message did in fact get a response within a few minutes, put together all your details and ask Etsy to correct your SS message stats.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy can't correct SS message stats.  They just told me so.

0 Likes
ArganierNoir
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

For both message they are previous buyers that their order was still in transit so they message me to ask about something related to the order, i can't keep them waiting 24h or even few hours i always respond to messages after few minutes not because of this star seller but because that how customer service suppose to be. This is not the first time happened before i called the customer support and when she checked she said that everything seems ok  and she doesn't know why not featured so i just wish they give the seller option to not have it at all.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep this star seller nonsense is tiring.  Because Etsy set up this shipping arrangement with the post office they literally have no control over the operations of the post office so even if they make a mistake ole Etsy can't fix it or restore the seller's shipping badge, or correct the erroneous missing tracking info.  It's frustrating the post office screws up and the sellers pay the consequences with no options to redeem themselves and restore the shipping badge. Why offer or establish a working program for your sellers that you have no control over.......???

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello @ArganierNoir,

We've double-checked the two messages that has affected your Star Seller, and we can confirm that one conversation didn't received a response up until now. For the other conversation, the buyer sent you two Help Request request for two different orders, however, only one message thread received a response.

Please remember that messages from the same buyer will now be consolidated into fewer threads. However, when a buyer reaches out via the Help With Order request, a new thread will be created which needs a response separately. These types of message threads needs a response within 24 hours to be counted positively toward your Star Seller score. New threads will now have notification badges showing if a message is a buyer’s first time contacting you, or a new help with an order request

For more information about this, you may check out the Message Response rate section in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.