Star Seller

Jump to solution

Dear Etsy, Can we rethink the Star Seller badges? I'm sure this has already been addressed, but here it goes. I'm an ace when it comes to reviews and responding to messages. I'm also very fast at shipping out my orders, but here is what I'm not tickled with. I have 3 outstanding orders past the shipping deadline because I'm am waiting on customer responses. That is totally out of my control. I have emailed, messaged, emailed, messaged......you get the point. And it could be days beforeI hear back from them. How can we change this??? 

Thank you! W

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller

Jump to solution

You change the ship by date on the order, the day before it's overdue, to the max 3 weeks. If you still don't hear from them, the day before the new date, refund and cancel.

View solution in original post

1 Like
11 Replies

Jump to solution

You can push out your shipping date on each order to take this into account.  You need to do it before your ship date - and extend it for a long enough period to cover any further delays as you can only do it once on an order. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

You should have exended your shipping date on those orders, with the message you are still waiting for a response. Extending the shipping date is within your control.

1 Like

Jump to solution

You change the ship by date on the order, the day before it's overdue, to the max 3 weeks. If you still don't hear from them, the day before the new date, refund and cancel.

1 Like

Jump to solution

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@btaylorquilts  This opens you up to not as described cases.

Buyer receives a letter with the label you bought on etsy, instead of the actual item, they open a not as described case because it isn't the item, etsy can rule in the buyers favour and take the money from you, because the label matches what they received, which is not the item ordered.

But....if it works for you.....

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, I don’t think the answer is to game the system. They’ll just come up with something else to prevent that…to the detriment of sellers I’m sure. Plus it annoys me the US has the lettermail workaround that is not available to other sellers. There needs to be a level playing field…we all pay the same fees and in many cases underserved sellers in non US countries pay more for less.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@CappuccinoLace  Yes, you are right that it could potentially happen. I've only had to do it a handful of times and my customers were thankful to receive the nudge and were non-the-wiser to the strategy I used. I've had to work this out with customers who've ordered quilts that take longer than the allotted time frame Etsy gives us (10 weeks plus 21 days extension). Also, I've used it when customers make payments over time. I've had customers spread out payments over a year, which can definitely create big issues if you want to remain a Star Seller!   If there's some other way to deal with any of these particular issues, I haven't figured it out.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi btaylorquilts,

I happened to notice your mention of customers paying over time.

I've had several of these on more expensive items, and I just put the item on reserve for that customer until they were able to put money aside to purchase outright.

Too many things can happen (especially these days) to obstruct your customers ability to make the payment.

All this was done by an agreement with the customer, and the ones I did this with liked the option - no pressure, and the few I did this with appreciated the consideration.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Extend out the shipping date and give the customer a date they have to reply by or you will cancel.  If you don't hear from them by that date, go ahead and cancel the order.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Aside from what other sellers here have recommended for you to do, here is info from the help center. There's also a SS survey if you're interested in taking it:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503

0 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You know, this Star Seller stuff is really a lot of nonsense. I have had it before, but not recently, and don't really care one way or another, plus I know my sales have been slow for a while. Today I clicked on the Star Seller tab in my shop manager tho, just for the heck of it, to take a peek. I've never even looked at that before. It said everything was great except that I was late on shipping one order, which took that down to 83%. Huh? I didn't remember shipping anything late, so I checked the order they meant, and guess what? It shipped the same day the order was placed, with tracking thru etsy shipping labels, and was delivered 4 days later. So how much more can a person do? Why they picked that order to get wrong is a mystery, and I'm not even going to bother trying to contact them, because it seems to be happening to lots of people and to me its just not worth worrying about, as long as my customers are happy with me.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.