“Star” Seller is wrong again…surprise surprise

Jump to solution

it never fails. correctly combine shipping and you still get screwed. this is the dumbest hoop Etsy has put out there in awhile and I couldn’t be more glad that I’ve started making the move to eBay.

No question. I know I’m not alone.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: “Star” Seller is wrong again…surprise surprise

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS 

do you mark them as complete and put the tracking numbers in straight away,

if you wait, you could miss the date

Etsy uses the date you entered the shipping number on the order, if you enter, or amend it later, it's a problem

if you download the CSV, you will see the date etsy thinks you entered the shipping number

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You guys don’t get it. I’m not looking for instructions I know how to do it my point is that it’s wrong sometimes and it screws you.
you don’t need to tell me how. I understand. I’ve been doing it since 2014

I appreciate the willingness to help but I’m not looking for help I’m just telling you that it’s dumb

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS   :  We combine multiple orders into a single shipment all the time and have never had an issue. You just need to mark all the affected orders as complete and make sure that each one has the appropriate shipping carrier, shipped date, and tracking number.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

So do we.And a couple times now it’s been wrong. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I’m glad it’s worked for you so far hopefully it keeps up! It def hasn’t for me, it’s been a real pain in the neck

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS 

Like was said-- if you have more than one item going to ship in the same box- You HAVE to mark both orders with the same tracking number and mark them as shipped. This has always been true-- it is nothing new. Etsy is not a mind reader to know if you shipped 1-X orders in the same container or not. If you don't add tracking to all items sold and shipped together- how is anyone but yourself to know that?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

So do we.Every Single Time. Forever.

Combining orders into the same package is nothing new and we’ve been doing it since 2014k 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS 

do you mark them as complete and put the tracking numbers in straight away,

if you wait, you could miss the date

Etsy uses the date you entered the shipping number on the order, if you enter, or amend it later, it's a problem

if you download the CSV, you will see the date etsy thinks you entered the shipping number

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I’m not looking for people to tell me what I did wrong , because I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m pointing out that Etsy Starseller is wonky, stupid, and a Waste of time.

1 Like

Jump to solution

You guys don’t get it. I’m not looking for instructions I know how to do it my point is that it’s wrong sometimes and it screws you.
you don’t need to tell me how. I understand. I’ve been doing it since 2014

I appreciate the willingness to help but I’m not looking for help I’m just telling you that it’s dumb

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh we get it but the forums is for asking questions and getting help.  It's not a place just to vent.  Of course we are going to try to help.  It's what the forums are for let me say again.

Hope you do well on eBay.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS  :  Perhaps if you were clearer in what the problem is we could help you in a more appropriate way. If you are doing it correctly, what is the actual problem? For example, is the CSV file showing that the orders do not have tracking even though the actual orders show all the correct data? Please be specific as to what is not working as is expected.

0 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you marked them complete and added the tracking# then it is a glitch. Contact Etsy but they don't fix their technical glitches anymore; you will just get the runaround! Good luck!

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@HAPPYHAPPYTOYSTOYS 

If it is wrong-- then tell Etsy so they can fix it.. and they do. So no one "screwed" anyone..They made or you made a mistake.. it is easy to show them via the CVS AND your proof of when you sent it what went wrong. It might take them a week or 2 to fix.. but IME they will and you will have your star seller badge back again. Most of us know that the SSP doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to sales. Good luck.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The star seller works if you do everything the way it is explained. If you choose not to enter the tracking in all places then there's your problem. I have combined orders with no problem but then I enter the tracking number in all the places I need to.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.