Star Seller eligibility

Jump to solution

I was expecting to receive star seller status at the beginning of October but see I have been allocated 83% for my despatch notification.  I can only assume that this is because I had two orders combined, being sent obviously to the same person, same address so I just sent one tracking notification for them as they were sent in one package.  It is ridiculous if this has impacted on my eligibility to obtain star seller status.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller eligibility

Jump to solution

Hello @tisserande,

When you’re shipping two or more orders to the same person in one package, we recommend adding the tracking number for the package to each order. Also, make sure to mark all orders from that buyer complete on the same day.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution

@tisserande: If you are shipping two orders together in one package, you merely need to add the same information (shipping company, tracking number, date shipped) on BOTH orders. We do it all the time and have had no issues. Depending on when you shipped (and what the ship by date was), you might still be able to update the other order and salvage your percentage.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The primary purpose of all this is to keep the customer informed.  I sent an email with the tracking info for the package containing both items.  Cannot understand why I should be penalised.  Next time I will fill it in twice but this may look like overkill to the customer.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@tisserande 

You have to mark the second order as complete, when you do, you add the tracking number to the order,

Etsy e-mails the customer when you mark it as complete, so there is no additional e-mail sent to the customer - they just have all the right info.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@tisserande: Don't think about this as a seller. If you placed two orders with a shop and only one was marked as shipped with tracking what would you (as a buyer) think?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you don't add the tracking number to the other order, it will not show as shipped. All orders need a tracking number. Unlesss, I am misunderstanding your situation?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sometimes it just takes a little work....

Today is just the 1st day of the month, folks!

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@tisserande Why didn't you just fix it i.e. put the same tracking number on the second order so the percentage would adjust? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Next time I will fill it in twice but this may look like overkill to the customer."

Combining orders happens in supply shops all of the time.  I do it at least once a week or more.  Nobody ever says "You sent me too much information!"

The way I see it, the star seller badge has specific hoops.  If I want the badge, I gotta jump through the hoops whether I think they are right hoops or wrong hoops.  Star seller is cut and dried and the hoops are the hoops. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @tisserande,

When you’re shipping two or more orders to the same person in one package, we recommend adding the tracking number for the package to each order. Also, make sure to mark all orders from that buyer complete on the same day.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I get a fair number of combined orders. All that's required is to enter the tracking number manually in the other order. I like the idea of having a tracking # for every single order even though some go in a single package.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

and I also refund the excess postage.

0 Likes
EBdrawls
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I’m on your side, Trish.  It’s frustrating.  Hopefully you get a lot of orders quickly enough to get back above the threshold.  

I had a similar issue where I responded to one message and not the separate message from the same customer which was just a link to the listing they asked me about.  It didn’t even contain a question to respond to.   And because I don’t get many messages, it took three months to climb out of the hole since I failed to respond to 1 of my 7 messages in that period.  The best part is now I’m sitting with a perfect rating in all three categories and still no star seller rating for October.  I guess there’s always the next review period in January! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.