CKVDesignsByErin
Inspiration Seeker

I lost my Star seller badge and I don't know why...

My dashboard is saying that I didn't ship my last 3 orders of September on time but I shipped them within 3 days and I have a two week window so I'm confused.  I have the copies of the emails sent to the buyers with the tracking info and dates.  How do I fix this?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: I lost my Star seller badge and I don't know why...

Did you buy Etsy labels ?

0 Likes
CKVDesignsByErin
Inspiration Seeker

No, but I entered in the correct info and completed the sale. I also have copies of the post office receipts but it does me no good when there's no one to send it to.  

0 Likes

@CKVDesignsByErin: You may have entered the dreaded time zone trap. It seems that Etsy uses UTC for most things, but many "reports" are based on your time zone. September 30 to you may be October 1 to Etsy. Secondly, looking at other posts in this forum it seems that the last few days of a month routinely get rolled into the next month when doing Star Seller calculations.

Often recent shipments are not correctly / timely updated. Our experience is that a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file and order correctly show tracking and shipment status.

0 Likes
CKVDesignsByErin
Inspiration Seeker

Ugh so frustrating!!!  Thank You

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@CKVDesignsByErin 

what does this mean? " I have the copies of the emails sent to the buyers with the tracking info and dates."?? Didn't you put the tracking info into the section on the correct day to close out the sale? If you didn't do that.. then that is what Etsy goes by.. not when you told the customer you were shipping.

If you have your proof-- a receipt from the PO on when your package was dropped off there.. then send that info to Etsy via email and ask them to fix it.. they should as you have the proof when you dropped it to the PO when you were supposed to. But if you do not have that.. then it is your word or emails vs what showed up in the Postal system and that is what Etsy will go by.

0 Likes
CKVDesignsByErin
Inspiration Seeker

I did put the tracking info in and closed out the sale and I do have copies of the po drop off receipts.  The orders have all been delivered.  I just don't understand how this is even happening since I have a two week window.  

Thank you

0 Likes
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

Etsy's star seller badge is flawed so I wouldn't worry about it.  They also give the star seller badge to resellers, gift basket sellers which are an't hand made, etc.  You have excellent reviews and IMHO that means more than a badge.  I had it last year and then lost it because my sales fell below Etsy's requirements.  Same thing happened to me on eBay one year.  

Keep up the good work.

0 Likes
CKVDesignsByErin
Inspiration Seeker

Thank You! It's just frustrating when it's their error but it can't be fixed.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.