BeaniesVintageCO
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Impact for Spam Messages

My star seller status has been negatively impacted due to to two messages that went to my etsy spam inbox. When I finally saw them, I moved them to my regular inbox because they weren't spam, but since I did not respond in time, my star seller went down. Can someone please correct this? Since these were in my spam inbox originally and no notifcation was given to me, I don't think this should negatively impact my star seller rating that I've consistently had!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Star Seller Impact for Spam Messages

Etsy is not here in the forums.  You can contact them with the issue to see if they will do anything.  Don't get your hopes up but they need to know of this issue.

I know check the number in spam box.  If the number goes up I know there is a message I might need to look at. 

0 Likes

@BeaniesVintageCO: See the post by @audreytherese on https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/My-message-response-rate-down-as-I-missed-a-few-messa...

Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

0 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

You will need to report this to Etsy and hope that they do something about this.  Nothing will be done on the forums because you need to contact Etsy directly.  There has been many sellers complaining about this that it has reached the point of sellers deciding to check their mail regularly.  It definintely shouldn't be this way.  Very unfare to sellers. I hope that the issue get rectified soon.  Good luck.

0 Likes

I'm starting to feel like a broken record, but, doing another cut & paste from an Etsy rep. in another thread:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Non-spam-ends-up-directly-in-Spam-folder/td-p/1451063...

"Thank you for reporting this! We’re dedicated to keeping your accounts and the Etsy marketplace safe and secure. 

We’ve been making improvements to help you better identify authentic messages from Etsy. Recently, we’ve worked to reduce the noise in your Inbox by automatically moving potentially suspicious messages to your Spam folder (which you can only check on desktop right now). 

As a result of this, some of your messages may have been moved to the Spam folder in error. We’re working to improve the accuracy of these measures and we apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. 

We’ve also heard your questions and concerns about how this might impact your Star Seller eligibility, which we wanted to clarify. Messages marked as spam by Etsy will not impact your Star Seller eligibility. If Etsy has marked a message as spam that you subsequently move out of the folder, we’ve ensured that also will not impact your Star Seller eligibility."

As already mentioned while there may be an Etsy rep. here from time to time, they do not patrol any of the forums with regularity & usually do not respond in any threads.
You will need to contact Etsy about this issue. With the number of threads/posts here in the forums this problem is probably a huge one. So be patient waiting for a response or any action from Etsy. 

4 Likes

Nevermind, looks like they're fixing this. 
I'm not moving anything out of my spam folder, though.

0 Likes

I saw a post on Reddit where a seller had Star Seller restored for April due to this issue, so Etsy is working on fixing it. Likely they are doing the April folks first, and then will fix Star Seller ratings for May. 

4 Likes

(I cannot link to the post as it contains a screenshot of the message from Etsy, but I did just post it on Bluesky if you want to see it)

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.