Need to change my bank account

I'm in Payment Settings and need to change my bank account. I do an update by inputting my current bank # but there is no button to actually change the account. it is asking me to connect with "Plaid" whatever that is. 

Any advice?

GRRRR- why is everything so complicated on Etsy?

Cheers

Ludmilla

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Need to change my bank account

0 Likes

This is some sort of "new" payment third party processor that Etsy is now using. It affects all new shops in the US and SOME of the older shops when they try to change banking information.

the thing about Plaid is they want you to reveal your user name and password to your online banking.  Not only will I refuse to do this--I do not even use online banking to start with. I have also read that you have the option withing Plaid to ONLY give your routing and account number but do not know if this is true as I have not tried it.

If it were me I would keep my old bank account if possible and not try to change--and also see if you can "back out" of that change. JMPO.

0 Likes

thank you for your response. What a freaking drag. No way I'll give anyone my username and password!!! What kind of a nonsense is this?

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Supposedly they make it look like the only option but you can still enter routing numbers. 

1 Like

@digitaldoodlebug 

I wonder how one finds that option--I was going to change mine ( no big deal if I don't) But I am afraid to even start the process if I can't find the option.  I currently am using a small credit union and I don't do online banking--ever--at all. So have no usename  and password. (Would not give it out if I did!)

0 Likes

@buffalogirls 

@ThePurplePuppy 

I had to update bank account in one of my other shops and had zero issues using plaid manual entry. I did not have to give my bank online log in info (I wouldn't have anyways). I was given 2 options to verify. 1 was auto and mentioned logging into online banking and the other was manual entry. I selected manual and just entered the routing and account numbers manually. Everything was done and verified in about 18 hours.  Easy peasy. I have read that some aren't given the manual entry option so not sure why. My guess is that it depends on what Bank you use. 

2 Likes

posted twice.

0 Likes

what do you mean "posted twice"?

0 Likes

@buffalogirls - This on the recent use of Plaid: https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/Plaid-it-s-optional-right/td-p/139098925

On the first page there are a few solutions highlighted - the last one from a shop owner who was able to open a second shop & didn't have to give their user name & password to their bank account. But it does appear that the first option shown is the one requiring user name & pw. 

(The "posted twice" is probably a reference to the forums & its glitches. There are times my post goes up but I never see the "congrats" notice so it's easy to think you messed up. Hit reply again and now we seem like idiots posting something twice.)

1 Like

The option to give your routing number and bank account number does not work. They issue 1, not 2 deposits AND you are required to enter in a code that appears in the deposit info. I had this with my other shop. My bank did not have that "code" Etsy support says it is not an Etsy issue and that I needed to go through PLAID to get the code. It's a friggin nightmare.

0 Likes

@TiganiSoul 

I used the plaid manual entry of routing number and account number option in one of my other shops with zero issues.  Everything was verified and done in about 18 hours or so. I think it depends greatly on who you bank with. I think some banks are quicker to verify via plaid than other banks. That's my theory at least.

1 Like

@WitticismsRus I need to change my banking information. Etsy's website will not allow me to do that. I'm stuck in limbo right now, my old bank has the information verified but it is useless as I have changed banks for my business. There is no way to change or update your banking info. Support is not responding. Has been a week

0 Likes

@TiganiSoul 

That sounds very frustrating. I'm sorry you are stuck in limbo and it's not working for you. My post above was just to say that wasn't my experience and that I think it depends greatly on the bank. 

As far as support goes...if you got a generic email reply just keep responding that you still need help and the reply does not help with your issue.  It's frustrating but you have to keep telling them you still need help to actually get a human to reply.

0 Likes
NaomisQuiltery
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same problem. How did you solve the problem?

Naomi at NaomisQuiltery

0 Likes

@NaomisQuiltery   This is an old thread and Etsy asks we not use old threads.

The information here is old.

Create your own thread and add information about exactly what you are trying to do.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.